pixeltracker

10 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching "Glee"- Page 2

10 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching "Glee"

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#2510 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 4:24pm

This entire forum confuses me.

Are you disagreeing with me? Or just being funny? Or agreeing with me?

"Nice is different than good."
Updated On: 3/7/13 at 04:24 PM

#2610 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 4:44pm

I totally agree with you! I don't understand why straight characters have to rub our noses in it. OK I get it, Finn is straight. He never needs to remind me of that again. Week after week of him doing straight stuff, talking about girls- can't he just leave that in the bedroom? I know, I know they have to "push the envelope" and show him kissing a girl but enough! It's almost like being straight effects every part of his life or something!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#2710 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 6:25pm

Emma I hate to tell you this since you seem like a nice person but the The Mean Girls of this board are mocking you. you do not agree with their opinions 100% and well the old saying is true. Those who preach tolerance are the least tolerant . Just watch the hate that follows

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2810 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 6:35pm

Well, I too want to sleep with Darren Criss is that a bad thing?

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#2910 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 6:53pm

I'm kind of shocked that Criss hasn't done a movie, even a mediocre romantic comedy, yet. Other than Michele, he seems the only "star is born" out of the cast in the past four years.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#3010 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 6:55pm

SHE is the reason I stopped watching middle of second season. She is just annoying so bad.

I mean Barbra wannabe.

Updated On: 3/7/13 at 06:55 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3110 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 7:01pm

He's got that new romantic comedy with Kristen Wiig I believe it is.

Gothampc
#3210 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 7:26pm

"Other than Michele, he seems the only "star is born" out of the cast in the past four years."

Santana got an M&Ms commercial. But she must have a lousy agent because she doesn't get to sing in the commercial.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#3310 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 7:31pm

^ she also got Proactiv

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#3410 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 8:50pm

This website is stressful.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#3510 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 9:23pm

"I'm kind of shocked that Criss hasn't done a movie, even a mediocre romantic comedy, yet. Other than Michele, he seems the only "star is born" out of the cast in the past four years."

He's in the new Kristen Wiig movie as her younger romantic possibility--at least judging from the previews.

(And as much as I mock BWW for posting links to things that have next to nothing to do with theatre, I only know this from the trailer they posted, which had a different title than its release title http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Most_Likely )

An article like this seems three years too late. I think most people who watch Glee now fit in two groups--people who love it no matter what, or who love to shake their head at it.

boggess Profile Photo
boggess
#3610 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 9:30pm

It didn't hold my interest any longer. I was glad I stopped watching when I heard that Tina tried to seduce Blaine and straddled him (or something) while he was asleep.

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#3710 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 9:39pm

^Is that a joke?

Glee. What are you DOING.

Updated On: 3/7/13 at 09:39 PM

boggess Profile Photo
boggess
#3810 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 9:44pm

10 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching

Emma, I wish. I was horrified when I saw people tweeting that. Googling the picture, I also saw that she unbuttoned his shirt while she was on him. VERY glad I stopped watching..

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#3910 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 9:48pm

Hey! He had a cold, and obviously he needed Vicks (tm) VapoRub or he could have died, and how else do you put VapoRub on someone's chest except by straddling them. Sheesh, you guys are the worst.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#4010 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:05pm

I'm sorry to rain on your sad parades, but guess what? Glee Rules!!!!!!

Blaine just flawlessly performed Come What May and the girls back in Ohio lead by Unique did a spectacular rendition of Diamonds are a girl's best friend.(And that's coming form a guy that worships Marilyn Monroe.)

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#4110 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:08pm

Yeah! So stop having an opinion other than All That Jazz's! That's an order, bitches!

all that jazz
#4210 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:18pm

^ Yup!! That's right!! Next order tune in to glee right now!!! They're Doing ghost.

Updated On: 3/7/13 at 10:18 PM

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#4310 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:24pm

Is Puck communicating through Unique?

all that jazz
#4410 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:26pm

Sadly no... But what a missed opportunity right??

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#4510 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:34pm

There's someone on this show named Unique?

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#4610 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:34pm

Reason #14: Puck did not communicate through Unique, which would have been more compelling and original than anything this show has ever done

all that jazz
#4710 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 10:40pm

Yes Emma there's a transsexual character named Unique and she has an AMAZING voice!!!

http://youtu.be/M7H4X6BbASw

#4810 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 11:05pm

Gosh, no hate. I guess that can be added to the list of things Sue Storm is Wrong about.

So why I am a "mean girl" for saying the EXACT same thing she said- only about Heterosexuals? That seems to be the epitome of fairness and equality, no?

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#4910 Reasons Why We Stopped Watching
Posted: 3/7/13 at 11:20pm

It's not that, Joe, it's more an issue of a shift in tone. When the show began, in its top 13 episodes, there was a darkly satirical edge to the show. Sure, it was inclusive- handicaps, minorities, gays- but at the same time it realized and acknowledged that high school glee club and high school in general are not serious business. It wasn't afraid to make the characters somewhat ridiculous, almost grotesque, caricatures: the neediness of Rachel, the epicene weirdness of Kurt, etc.

But when the show took off, people didn't seem to get the satire element as much as they embraced the "earnest" nature of the show's surface portrayal. So as it went on and on, elements of the weirdness continued as relics, but the tone shifted overall towards soap and "High School Musical" style sincerity. Hence we get relic characters- Brittany Pierce's airheadedness/undisclosed mental-emotional disorder remains mostly uncommented on, Becky being Sue's clone-like MiniMe is just considered normal, and up until maybe this season when he was slightly toned down, no one noticed that Kurt was a tiny, slightly unsettling blend of Charles Busch and Carmen Ghia except Sue.

But the characters introduced and focused on since the initial season have been a different breed: quirky, perhaps, but ultimately fairly realistic. Blaine is the anti-Kurt, a character whose sexual preference is secondary to his plot lines and surface-level personality: in a word, gay but not queer. Kitty is a bitch and Marley is the "girl next door," even Quinn as an eternal cipher makes her malleable enough to fill any role required for the plot's demands. Mike is a brilliant dancer, Sam is He-Brittany, etc.