Help me with my SMASH FanFic!

#1Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 4:52pm

OK: We pick up in June of 2017. Ivy is on trial for killing her & Derek's baby "Ethel Gertrude Leigh". Apparently, depressed over never working on Broadway again, she passed out from an overdose of pain killers and smothered little EGL. She's trying for a "not Guilty by reason of insanity" plea but the trial is NOT going well, especially when Leigh Conroy turns up to testify against her.

Derek, who had been furious at Ivy for killing little EGL, has a change of heart and reaches out to Karen Cartwright Bieber who has just won her fourth consecutive Tony award as best actress in a musical to testify that "the bitch always been crazy." Needless to say the jury LOVES Karen and she convinces them that Ivy needs psychiatric care, not prison.

I have lots more to write but I'm stuck- what are the four shows Karen wins her Tony Awards for?

Updated On: 5/28/13 at 04:52 PM

#2Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 4:55pm

Obviously, one of them is for playing Daisy in "The Extremely Incredible Gatsby" which won Julia & Tom the Pulitzer Prize for drama and music in 2015.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#2Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 5:05pm

She won her first one for her portrayal of Bella in Twilight the musical.

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#3Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 5:09pm

She won the Tony for the Broadway revival of "Darling Zhivago" that one year. It's been too long since they revived that one!

With Irma you gotta do something!

#4Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 5:18pm

Great suggestions! Darling Zhivago was going to be Ivy's "Comeback" role but she couldn't lose the weight.

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#5Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 5:37pm

I thought she was perfectly transparent in The Glass Closet Menagerie.

#6Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 5:53pm

Yes, but that was only a small part in Tom & Julia's motion picture. (But The Glass Closet Menagerie does yield a great new boyfriend for Tom- completely hunky Patrick Dillon who continues to insist he's straight through out his & Tom's passionate affair).

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#7Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 7:04pm

I know for a fact that one of the shows that Karen wins a Tony for is a revival of In My Life.

In fact the show sweeps the Tonys for Best Revival of a Musical, Best Director (Derek of course) and the historical award of Best Actor in a musical to a still incarcerated Jimmy!

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#8Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 7:12pm

>> a great new boyfriend for Tom- completely hunky Patrick Dillon who continues to insist he's straight through out his & Tom's passionate affair)

Closeted/Out - who cares? What really matters is that fabulous ba-donk-a-donk. Did you see those golden globes in the hotel/wine scene???

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#9Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 7:22pm

We should write our own season 3. One sentence/post at a time.

#10Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:15pm

Well John Adams I'd have a bit of trouble with having a relationship with someone who denies ts existence. I think Tom would accept it, for the reasons you mention, but (spoiler alert) eventually the self-loathing involved would chafe.

Updated On: 5/30/13 at 08:15 PM

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#11Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:43pm

Well we know in 2016 Karen earned one of her Tony's for the first on-Broadway production of The Fantastics, playing the cardboard moon.

all that jazz
#12Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/28/13 at 8:55pm

I believe she also won an honorary one for replacing Sutton Foster in her one woman Oliver.

twinbelters Profile Photo
twinbelters
#13Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 6:00pm

Apparently Norbert Leo Butz won a Tony for Chicken Run: The Musical!

Onion AV Club recap of SMASH finale

With Irma you gotta do something!

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#14Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 9:02pm

The Season 3 premiere features Karen Cartwright finding out that she has won the lead in the Funny Girl revival when her only competition, a drama student from an obscure and dubious NY theatre college, was killed in a hit and run on her way back from the final call-back.

The overarching plot of the season becomes, "Who is the Broadway Truck Murderer?"

JohnyBroadway
#15Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 9:11pm

The Season Premier is actually a court case of Kyle's parents suing Julia, While Eilene heads to Japan to kick off the Japanese premier of Bombshell. While in Japan, Eilene is kidnapped and held at gun point.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#16Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 9:15pm

Kyle says to Jimmy "A mouth is a mouth, right bro?".

The next morning a naked Jimmy orders Kyle on his knees and proceeds to urinate all over him.

Updated On: 5/29/13 at 09:15 PM

all that jazz
#17Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 9:55pm

Shame on you for tarnishing the loving memory of St. Kyle

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#18Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:36pm

Kyle would have LOVED it (as I and most gays would!)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#19Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:53pm

Kyle wasn't into WS. His dream was to have a show on Broadway and (just like Jim Colyer) to be fisted by a group of black men in drag.

lovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
#20Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/30/13 at 12:22am

Hmm yeah I don't consider it WS. I consider it two bros hangin' out doin' stuff.

Or baptism.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#21Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/30/13 at 6:10am

Help me with my SMASH FanFic!

Mattbrain
#22Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/30/13 at 10:30am

What is this Smash you speak of?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#23Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/30/13 at 11:11am

Everyone is reunited to congratulate Ivy on her success in a new show. Kyle detonates a bomb that he planted in the theater. They all die. THE END.

Updated On: 5/30/13 at 11:11 AM

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#24Help me with my SMASH FanFic!
Posted: 5/30/13 at 11:22am

Kyle detonates a bomb that he planted in the theater.

So, Hit List or a different bomb?

Videos