Which play should I see????

musicman117 Profile Photo
musicman117
#1Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/1/13 at 9:33pm

Hello!

I am going up to the city tomorrow to catch Comedy of Errors and am trying to decide on what to see in the afternoon. I do know that, although I love musicals, I have no desire to deal with rushing for any of the musicals.

So, which play should I see?

Which one do you guys prefer?

Any insight would be helpful Which play should I see????

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#2Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/1/13 at 11:39pm

Vanya and Spike or
The Nance

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#2Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/1/13 at 11:44pm

I loved Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike and also loved The Trip to Bountiful.

jaxandmci Profile Photo
jaxandmci
#3Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/1/13 at 11:51pm

I've seen them all except Ann.

Vanya is definitely the most entertaining and the only one I would see again. I also think it appeals to the widest audience. The Assembled Parties and The Big Knife were, in my opinion, the biggest watch-watchers.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/2/13 at 1:49am

Catch Peter & the Starcatchers, off-b'way.

Or Vanya

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#5Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/2/13 at 6:55am

Last weekend, we got into NYC around noon and walked immediately to ticket booth and got good discount for "Peter and Starcatchers" Off Broadway which we enjoyed very much.

JarqueLemos
#6Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/2/13 at 7:07am

Its a shame Woolf is no longer running !!!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#7Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/2/13 at 5:52pm

VANYA & SONIA & MASHA & SPIKE, for sure.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#8Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/2/13 at 11:18pm

Despite a bravura performance by Holland Taylor in Ann, after 15 minutes the show is a snoozefest.

People either love Peter and the Starcatcher or find it silly and tedious. I belong to the latter group.

The Trip to Bountiful I could have skipped having seen the movie with Geraldine Page. The Assembled Parties seemed meandering and pointless

Again Vanya and Spike rocks and The Nance is well done, enjoyable and underrated.

rorschach37
#9Which play should I see????
Posted: 6/3/13 at 1:08pm

I haven't seen Peter and the Starcatcher since its Broadway run, but I absolutely adored it. I would also highly recommend Alan Cumming's Macbeth. Saw it this past Saturday and was completely blown away. One of the most breathtaking things I've seen on stage.

Videos