Kinky Boots Cast - how long?

Clopin73 Profile Photo
Clopin73
#1Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 10:20pm

I am planning an NYC theatre trip for mid-November of this year. Does anyone know if the Stark and Billy are still expected to be in the roles at that time? My guess is they signed a year contract but I could be wrong. Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 10:30pm

While there is never a guarantee, you should be safe. It's highly unlikely either of them have anything other than a one year contract.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 10:40pm

After a year here I hope Billy gets to open the show in London.
The producers had a huge hit there with LEGALLY BLONDE and might do it again with BOOTS.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#3Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/11/13 at 11:58pm

I'd say any American in the cast, Billy included, that takes the show to the West End better REALLY work on their Brit accents.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/12/13 at 12:27pm

And who is Stephen Tewksbury replacing? Or is he an additional cast member?

https://twitter.com/tristamoldovan/status/343029328751230976

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Liza's Headband
#5Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/12/13 at 12:35pm

My mind went other places with the way your thread title is phrased... "Kinky Boots Cast - how long?" I mean. Come oonn!! I know I'm a dirty headband.

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
#6Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/12/13 at 12:41pm

"And who is Stephen Tewksbury replacing? Or is he an additional cast member?"

I'm guessing Eric Anderson as he was attached to Soul Doctor.
On a related note: I believe Caroline Bowman leaves sometime in July

NotTheComfyChair Profile Photo
NotTheComfyChair
#7Kinky Boots Cast - how long?
Posted: 6/12/13 at 6:05pm

Completely agree with someoneinatree2 in that the accents are, from a professional standpoint, unacceptably dreadful. It sounds like the actors and the creative team can't be bothered with having a show that is set in England actually sound like it's set in England. Ashford Sands or Porter would have to raise their game by a whole heck of a lot to even come close to being their accents being acceptable, in England let alone good.
I think it would be interesting to see how the show works with English actors.

Videos