pixeltracker

Kelly Clarkson on Broadway- Page 4

Kelly Clarkson on Broadway

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#75Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 12:52am

Among the other things tweeted by Jean-Paul Bevilacqua in the past week:

"Why aren't you paying attention to me? Something I just said to my dog while watching TV."

"I will be there in 17 minutes. Please do not give away my potato salad. Do we have an agreement?"

"Those moments before a crazy thunderstorm are my FAVOURITE. It feels like the world is ending. My dog is terrified."

I would venture to say each of those 3 tweets will have as much influence in Kelly Clarkson doing Broadway as the tweet previously mentioned.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#76Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 6:43am

I don't know if she can act, but if she were gonna do a musical she obviously would put in the effort and work on the acting.

I'm sure she would try, but in the preview (available on demand on TW Cable) for the Robin Williams' pilot, Miss Clarkson says (and I quote), "I suck at acting."

So there's that.

Updated On: 7/11/13 at 06:43 AM

Jon
#77Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 7:22am

I believe this was the performance that won her the first American Idol. I'd love to hear her do more big band swing.
Stuff Like That There

Jamminman
#78Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 11:15am

Ellen in Miss Saigon

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#79Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 4:04pm

Joh, I was still watching AI back then and that was the performance that won it as far as I was concerned.

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#80Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 4:32pm

Let's not forget that "From Justin to Kelly" was also Anika Noni Rose's film debut.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#81Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 4:49pm

just watched the video and WOW. I don't remember that night. She was fantastic! what a departure from what she does now. Who knew she was so versatile. WOW

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#82Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/11/13 at 8:31pm

^^^ She is great in the throat and in the eyes, but notice how they film the entire number in close up and compare it to Bette Midler's version in FOR THE BOYS.

They are both great pop singers, but the difference is Midler "sings" from head to toe; Clarkson sings from the neck up.

Of course, the AI clip is old. I have no idea (except her own words) what Clarkson might do today. She's toured a lot since her AI days.

hanabana
#83Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 7/12/13 at 1:03am

Kelly Clarkson is great, but I don't know about her on Broadway... I feel that it wouldn't be a good fit for her somehow. But again, with the right role, anything can happen. At this moment, nothing comes to mind for me though.

MikeyJ72
#84Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 11/24/13 at 12:07pm

New example of Kelly singing Broadway material...

For those that haven't heard her new (and extraordinary) Christmas record, here's her big band take on 'My Favorite Things' from that album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAzldBveeEk

And in this Billboard cover story about the album, there is a vague reference to a possible Broadway album in 2014:

"To the Texan native who'll be celebrating her second Christmas at her Nashville home with Blackstock, the album represents a sort of second phase for her career. The new year will bring pop and country releases, as well as a potential Broadway album. In a way, her Christmas CD represents a break from her past and a sampler of what's to come-like the holiday itself."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5763083/kelly-clarkson-sees-red-the-billboard-cover-story#fhM4OfqSP3zeSOiZ.99 Updated On: 11/24/13 at 12:07 PM

smallvillefan16
#85Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 11/24/13 at 12:28pm

I'd LOVE to see her as Ellen in Miss Saigon.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#86Kelly Clarkson on Broadway
Posted: 11/24/13 at 3:39pm

If you like her "big band sound" get her new Christmas album. It's incredible. And her rendition, as posted above, of "My Favorite Things" is incredible. And the note she hits in "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" is pretty spectacular.