pixeltracker

Wicked Lead Replacements- Page 4

Wicked Lead Replacements

gregschwartz14
#75Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 6:46pm

@flyinghighwithwicked no it was in regards to Lindsay but works for Victoria too lol

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#76Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 7:19pm

@RW3 Lindsay Mendez's contract ends in January, but it could be extended if the casting directors want her to keep playing the role.

I have been waiting for Sasha Allen to be casted, I hope she's next.

beautywickedlover
#77Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 7:29pm

"I thought the Taylor Swift comparison was a little strange and I commented on it."

Swift was often criticized for being inconsistent while performing. But she has improved as a vocalist. Listen to her try to go for high notes and riffs when she sings her hit single, "You Belong With Me" from 3:09 to 3:12 in this live performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvnGBYMe9gM

Every time Matlock tried to scream or riff, it would never work like from 4:03 - 4:21 in this video of a concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXeDH3MRMnc

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#78Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 7:43pm

Taylor Swift is not a good singer, she sounds worse live.

Why are we even talking about her, she's not even worthy to be mentioned on a Broadway forum (just sayin'...) Updated On: 7/22/13 at 07:43 PM

flyinghighwithwicked
#79Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/22/13 at 7:54pm

Matlock is not meant to riff certain notes, but that doesn't make her a bad singer. Taylor Swift is just...bad. Bad in every sense of the word. Yes, this is my opinion and you're more than free to disagree with me. I strongly dislike her. And this is not the classic "Pop singerssss don't belonggg on Broadwayyyy" argument, but I truly think she is awful.

beautywickedlover
#80Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 12:34am

"nor would she be appropriate for any role in Wicked, with the possible exception of Dr. Dillamond."

I don't think Nessarose would be a challenge for Swift and this is coming from someone who has seen her live twice. One of those times was the 2011 CMA Awards.

"Did you know the last person to be completely new to Glinda was Jennifer Laura Thompson. That was 9 years ago."

It's true. Every actress following Thompson was either a lead who appeared in a previous North American production or was a standby or understudy from Broadway or another production of 'Wicked' promoted to lead. This may have to do with the fact that it is a role for someone with a great soprano voice or that it is a fun job where you also offered a great paycheck. Laura Bell Bundy, who was Kristin Chenoweth's original standby, was actually going to take over for Chenoweth originally, but she was dismissed after her contract expired due to her demanding too much money.

Updated On: 7/23/13 at 12:34 AM

PositivelyEmerald
#81Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 1:15am

Lets just get it out there...Alli Mauzey is replacing Katie. I love Alli, and I think she may be tied for best Glinda I've seen with Patti Murin. Yes I wish it was someone new, but the majority of audience members don't care and will be thrilled to see Alli, who, as I mentioned, IMO is brilliant in the role.

Updated On: 7/23/13 at 01:15 AM

Visceral_Fella
#82Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 1:42am

I love her work, so I'm thrilled.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#83Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 1:59am

This thread is adorable.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#84Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 2:27am

Really? Taylor Swift for Nessarose? Y'all need Jesus.

Side note: I saw Kendra in 2005. Wasn't a fan compared to Kristin, Megan Hilty, and Jenn Gambatese.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Visceral_Fella
#85Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 2:37am

I want to see Jenn Gambatese. Hopefully she stays with the tour through the Chicago stop. Her and Allison Luff.

beautywickedlover
#86Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 7/23/13 at 12:34pm

I actually enjoyed Kassebaum's performance over Gambatese's. When I saw Gambatese I did not believe she had much of a Act II transformation.

James Kerrigan2
#87Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 11/17/18 at 6:43pm

Who do you think is going to replace Amanda Jane Cooper?

I think its a shoe-in for Gina Claire Mason but I also heard they might bring back Katie Rose Clarke   limited time

What are your thoughts?

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#88Wicked Lead Replacements
Posted: 11/17/18 at 7:07pm

It’s not Ginna clarie

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18