pixeltracker

SLEEPY HOLLOW, new Fox series- Page 2

SLEEPY HOLLOW, new Fox series

FindingNamo
#25sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 11:55am

Reg, were you aware of the covens growing up? Are you in one?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#26sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 11:59am

The promise of fun casting with two competing covens in Sleepy Hollow excites me. We can have the witches in period costume/plot, burnings at the stake and of course they can all be resurrected to wreak havoc on the modern day town.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#27sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 12:12pm

^ Which is probably going to be happening on "American Horror Story" as well.

Namo, my mom just called them "meetings."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#28sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 1:33pm

Just downloaded it for free on Amazon. Will watch it before next weeks episode.

Poster Emeritus

wonkit
#29sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 1:36pm

I enjoyed it more than I expected to, mainly because the two leads are both excellent, and the writing is not (yet) cringeworthy. I totally see the comparison to FRINGE which I also loved.

But I have to say - wtf? It is a town called Sleepy Hollow, and when Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman show up, not one single solitary person says, "Washington Irving?"

UNDER THE DOME totally sucks. I was going to watch it when I thought it was a mini-series and would have to reach a climax/explanation. But last night's undramatic confusion/season conclusion means I won't be back. And the acting in that show is the pits. Also, is it my imagination or is the police woman pregnant/putting on weight? Guess I'll never know...

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 1:40pm

That got me as well. Maybe that is why my cable went haywire.

Poster Emeritus

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#31sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 1:45pm

It was one of the better pilot episodes coming out of the Fall programming announcements.
I like seeing Fox play in this genre.

I'm interested to see where they take this. I've got a Season Pass set (for now!)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine premieres tonight on FOX. Andy Samberg is an endearing goofball.

I also enjoyed the pilots of Hostages (CBS), The Blacklist (NBC) and Michael J Fox Show (NBC)

There are some interesting mid-season shows slated, as well.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#32sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 1:52pm

Hopefully, it will not turn into another Alcatraz

Poster Emeritus

FindingNamo
#33sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 2:25pm

I was glad I watched it, it made me jump a couple times. I did find the giant downloading of plot points from the wife in the parallel world to be a but over-the-top, but I have definitely seen worse examples of fast exposition. I'll watch it again if I'm home next Monday.

Reginald Tresilian
#34sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 2:39pm

Brief sidebar: Washington Irving's home, Sunnyside, in Sleepy Hollow (well, Tarrytown) is open for tours and is really a wonderful experience. It's a half hour train ride from the city, plus a 5-minute cab ride.

I keep getting to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery just after it closes, but I'm hoping to actually tour it this fall.

Sunnyside

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#35sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 2:50pm

I thought I heard mention of Washington Irving last night or maybe the suggestion just make me think I did.

NYadGal: Are all those pilots available for free download from iTunes? I definitely like to see Hostages and The Blacklist.

wonkit
#36sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:38pm

There is a reference to Washington, but it's George. Apparently Crane fought in his army. It would be fun if one of the people resurrected was Washington Irving.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#37sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:39pm

Tom, I don't know if they are available on iTunes. I work in the industry, so have access through work. Sorry!

But, the good news is that you don't have much longer to wait as they will both premiere on 9/23! Hostages on CBS at 10pm, The Blacklist on NBC at 10pm.

The 'new season' is shaping up to have some interesting program competition on a few different nights.

(edited to fix typo)

Updated On: 9/17/13 at 04:39 PM

FindingNamo
#38sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:45pm

I'm pretty sure the police chief (or whatever rank Tara II's boss is) is named Irving.

WhizzerMarvin
#39sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:47pm

The final ratings are out, and Sleepy Hollow was adjusted up to a 3.5! I'm sure FOX is over the moon with this reception.

Addy, I think Hostages will be on CBS and not ABC. Toni Collette is obviously always welcome, and I hope the writers can work in some flashback situations where Dylan McDermott will be coming out of the shower.

The Blacklist looks really awful to me...what was the tone of pilot? What did you think were the strengths of the show? I had totally written it off until your favorable comment above.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#40sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:51pm

I know they mentioned George Washington. That was a major plot detail.

Thinking about it, it would makes sense that there is no mention of Washington Irving seeing that Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman are his narrative creations. Even though he was a real life historical presence he wouldn't exist in the same world they would.

Reginald Tresilian
#41sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 4:52pm

Namo, good catch! It's Capt. Frank Irving.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#42sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 6:03pm

Whizzer - good catch - that was a typo on my part! Hostages is, indeed, on CBS!

The pilot of The Blacklist was filled with intrigue - there is clearly an important back-story, which I expect will unfold across the series. It has an air of mystery, which appealed to me. Along with James Spader's performance!

It's a procedural with a big character.

We'll see how it plays out!

WhizzerMarvin
#43sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 6:10pm

Interesting...I do love James Spader; wasn't he wonderful on Boston Legal?!

From the teaser I saw it looked like a Silence of the Lambs ripoff: savvy, mastermind criminal will only work with one female cop to help solve crimes. Of course they give into ludicrous demands like putting him up in a fancy hotel suite.

I might tune into the pilot now. Thanks for the info!

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#44sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 6:55pm

There are definitely parallels between The Blacklist and Silence of the Lambs! You are absolutely right about that.

I have no idea where they will go with the series, but, I liked the pilot. It was one of the more interesting ones I viewed last Spring, when all of the pilots were sent to me...

I'm a big James Spader fan, which could absolutely be part of the appeal for me.

Hope it turns out to be a winner - and, apologies in advance if you hate it and I gave you a bad recommendation!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#45sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 8:35pm

So should I watch this?

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#46sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 9:11pm

I liked it too I thought it was very original but agree with the people who say theyre not sure how they will maintain it.
Especially after that horrible ending of Under The Dome. I wonder if they put that ending together at the last minute after they decided to bring it back next year.

i like the girl who plays Katrina she was on Dexter last year she very good as well.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 9/17/13 at 09:11 PM

eatlasagna
#47sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 9:12pm

not sure if this an appropriate response to wonkit's comment

but the creators talked about how they wanted to create a mythology in which Washington Irving's LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW doesn't exist so that's why no one questions it... they talked about how in comic book movies the people aren't going around saying "well there's a spiderman but how come he's not like the comics we're reading" etc...

it's also kinda like how in The Walking Dead tv series they never say the word zombie because they wanted to create a world in which those Dawn of the Dead movies and zombies don't actually exist...

wonkit
#48sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 9:24pm

That is very helpful - thank you!

FindingNamo
#49sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 9/17/13 at 11:11pm

I saw a fabulous play in the early summer that was a modern day Frankenstein story that took place in the same universe as Mary Shelley's story, therefore there was no novel, no movies, but there WAS a Frankenstein. This is like that.