pixeltracker

SLEEPY HOLLOW, new Fox series- Page 4

SLEEPY HOLLOW, new Fox series

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#75sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/5/13 at 7:15am

Love this show and couldn't be happier they have a full season as well as a second season pick up.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

wonkit
#76sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/5/13 at 3:51pm

More FRINGE connections: John Noble has been announced as a recurring guest star on SLEEPY HOLLOW. YES! He was brilliant and endearing in FRINGE, and these producers know how to use his significant acting ability. Way to go, Fox.

wonkit
#77sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/7/13 at 9:54am

And as for an earlier comment about Crane changing clothes, you do realize that, historically, people only had one set of clothes, and maybe another one for church on Sunday? Crane was a soldier and may have carried with him a change of small clothes and a shirt, but worn everything else until it needed to be replaced. Although I think they want to keep him looking era appropriate so that he will stand out, I think tight dark jeans and no shirt sounds like an excellent next step.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#78sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/7/13 at 4:15pm

" I think tight dark jeans and no shirt sounds like an excellent next step."

Works for me! sleepy hollow, new fox series Caught up with episode 3 last night and did big "whoa! seeing him without his shirt. Who'd ever think Ichabod Crane could be sexy? sleepy hollow, new fox series

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#79sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/7/13 at 4:17pm

Speaking of clothes, I wonder what Ichabod's initial reaction was when Abbie was just wearing her bra for that ritual

FindingNamo
#80sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/7/13 at 4:24pm

He probably wanted to put her in stocks.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

wonkit
#81sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/7/13 at 8:07pm

Tonight at 9pm!

wonkit
#82sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/7/13 at 10:17pm

Better and better. Shades of Indiana Jones and the Ark of the Covenant. And next week - shirtless again and discussion of his clothes. They know what we are thinking. Opening monologue very clever - I didn't see that coming.

Bluemoon
#83sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 11:01am

I really enjoy this show. Each episode is better than the previous one. They're tapping a rich load of horror and mythology and the combination works, due in part to the chemistry of the two leads.

wonkit
#84sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 11:42am

Using Crane's history as a backstory allows for some wonderful re-imagining of the American Revolution. (I figured that Washington as a Freemason will provide plenty of material for future episodes.) I haven't been this satisfied with a new series in years.

Updated On: 10/8/13 at 11:42 AM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#85sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 12:28pm

I liked last nights episode a lot too, though some of that German was atrocious; I thought Crane had the best German of any of them!

I think the success of the show really belongs to Beharie, even taking into account the remarkable chemistry between the two leads. Mison has the easier role. He plays a fish out of water who gets to say silly things in his British accent. He does it well, but Beharie has a more difficult task. Like Gillian Anderson on the X-Files she must believe enough to continue on her journey, but must also retain enough skepticism to maintain credibility. She has to be tough, yet likable. Vulnerable to her sister's plight, but not weak. All while stopping the apocalypse. Another actress could have easily tanked the role and show, but she is great TV find so far this season.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#86sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 12:52pm

Just imagine if Megan Boone from The Blacklist were given that part. :::shudder:::

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

WhizzerMarvin
#87sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 12:59pm

Ugh. The Blacklist was so bad last night. It's really taken a nose dive since the pilot, whereas Sleepy Hollow keeps trucking along.

Hostages is now my favorite Monday comedy though- the funniest show to premiere on network television in years!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Bluemoon
#88sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 1:05pm

The opening scene on SH, with Icabod giving relationship advice to an OnStar operator was priceless.

wonkit
#89sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 1:23pm

whizzer - I assumed the Hessians were speaking 17th or 18th Century German - in other words, an archaic form. Elizabethan English when spoken doesn't sound like modern English either.

WhizzerMarvin
#90sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 3:25pm

Possibly, but I doubt the show went to such in depth research. The first guy seemed to be saying the right words, but with a completely mush mouth accent.

When Crane and the leader were speaking in present day Mison had excellent diction and pronunciation while the villain's was passable, but not great. The minorest of quibbles, but one that distracted for me.

wonkit
#91sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/8/13 at 4:34pm

lol. Maybe that's really why they needed the subtitles?

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#92sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/10/13 at 3:59pm

I like it

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

wonkit
#93sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/14/13 at 10:28pm

More touches of history tonight: Roanoke and Virginia Dare! It looks like they are on hiatus for the next three weeks but John Noble shows up in the next episode!

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#94sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/14/13 at 10:38pm

Another great episode tonight. I'm very excited to see why Katrina is stuck in purgatory. The 3 week hiatus is going to kill me, especially after teasing the return of the Horseman.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

WhizzerMarvin
#95sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/15/13 at 8:36am

Three weeks off sucks!!!!

Last night really reminded me of Supernatural, but I liked it a lot. (On Supernatural the Horseman of Pestilence is played semi-comically by an old man who is always taking cold medicine, sneezing and dripping snot everywhere.)

I hope the flesh out Orlando Jones' character soon. He is totally the Skinner of this show. Sometimes helping, sometimes thwarting. Suspicious, yet willing to aid his dynamic duo when they are desperate for his assistance.

FindingNamo
#96sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/15/13 at 9:50am

Farewell, momentum. Bye bye, Sleepy Hollow. I'll try to remember you exist when November rolls around.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

clever name Profile Photo
clever name
#97sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/15/13 at 3:25pm

My thoughts exactly, Nemo. When they said three weeks I was thinking, oh god, I'm not even going to remember what night this show even on in November.

Bluemoon
#98sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/15/13 at 3:54pm

Luckily, my DVR will remember for me.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#99sleepy hollow, new fox series
Posted: 10/15/13 at 4:01pm

They'll promote the hell out of it during the baseball, and across all of their shows that air during this time. That will help.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."