pixeltracker

:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!- Page 3

:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!

Matt1
#50:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 1:19pm

It seems like she is leaving this afternoon which would mean she might have been sick this week. Otherwise I am confused as to why she did not do a show earlier in the week. Two weeks ago I saw Ripley going into the stagedoor between Saturday shows. I wonder if she going on tonight or tomorrow.

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#51:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 1:34pm

I have confirmation of at least one other child cast member leaving that weekend (the night before Jack). I cannot name them but I think it signals a major cast change that weekend that could mean most of the kids leaving.

Matt1
#52:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 1:40pm

That would be about the year mark since previews began so it makes sense.

Matt1
#53:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 2:07pm

Seems like Bailey's final show is tonight since Gabriella is on this afternoon.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#54:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 2:32pm

^ However, Bailey would've then only performed once this week, so maybe she is going on tonight and tomorrow? Unless they're debuting a new girl Sunday.

KathyNYC2
#55:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 3:00pm

All the other girls did two shows this week but one actress has been known to do 3 if someone is sick/injured. It's possible Bailey was sick and missed her turn and so then it's up for grabs for tomorrow...it could be a repeater from this week or a newbie.

I would not have been surprised if Bailey worked today and tomorrow..except for fact I have heard from a number of places that today IS her last day.

Matt1
#56:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/11/14 at 5:47pm

I can now confirm that Bailey is leaving tonight! I wish Bailey all the luck in the future. I am sure we will all see her on broadway again!

Matt1
#57:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 11:56am

Was anyone at Bailey's final show? How was it?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#58:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 1:02pm

I heard that Milly gave her a bouquet

KathyNYC2
#59:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 2:17pm

She has given all the bouquets so far..to Oona, Sophia and now Bailey (though Bailey was also there for Sophia). I wonder who will give hers to her when she leaves this coming week.

Also wondering who is there this afternoon...

Updated On: 1/12/14 at 02:17 PM

Matt1
#60:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 2:29pm

They should surprise Milly and have Oona, Soph, and Bailey come and give her flowers.

Anyone there today? Who is on as Matilda?

RevoltingChild23
#61:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 3:49pm

Apparently Ripley made her debut this afternoon

Matt1
#62:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 3:58pm

I heard that as well. Can't wait to hear people's thoughts to her.

Matt1
#63:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/12/14 at 8:34pm

I believe Erica and Emma are both leaving in March. Seems like a big cast change might be happening.

willep
#64:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/13/14 at 2:26am

Did anyone see Ripley? Would love to hear what people thought. She was adorable in Once, and I would like to see her performance in Matilda.

Updated On: 1/13/14 at 02:26 AM

KathyNYC2
#65:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/13/14 at 7:16am

The link to this was posted on twitter - just a regular audience member posting his/her own review of the show..I copied the parts relating to Ripley (I hope that's ok).

"Congrats to Ripley Sobo on making her Matilda Debut tonight (Jan. 12, 2014). She was the cutest thing EVER! I have to say I was kind of upset I wasn’t seeing one of the originals. However I’m glad and honored I was there to see Ripley make her debut in the show. She did REALLY good. A crew member warned the audience before the show that it will be her first time, which made it even better.... The cast was great with Ripley for her first show. During curtain call the young boy who plays the role of Bruce gave her a high five AND she got a standing ovation. It was really cute. Ripley is going to go far with broadway. She is really talented and I hope you all get to see her."

KathyNYC2
#66:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/14/14 at 7:12am

I also saw on the web that Susan Egan posted photos taken yesterday where Broadway actors were promoting "Broadway"at a buyers conference. Representing Matilda was Sophia Gennusa.

Love the fact that the Matilda people remember their former cast members after they have left. I noticed the same in London when retired Matildas still represented Matilda at various functions..and glad they are doing the same thing here. It must make leaving a bit easier for the girls. Sophia looked very happy in the photos and was wearing her "Naughty" dress so I am assuming that's what she performed.

Bwayfan97
#67:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/16/14 at 9:49pm

I hope they post a video of it sometime! It is really good that they keep the let the old Matildas still support the program. This past Saturday Chloe Hawthorn, who had left the West End version a couple of months ago, got to perform Naughty as well :) Is Milly's last show this weekend? I heard that it is. It'll be sad to see the last of the OBC Matildas go :P

KathyNYC2
#68:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/17/14 at 12:03am

Yes I believe it is but I am not sure which performance will be Milly's last. I don't know who was on tonight but Milly was not on either Tues or Wed.

Yes it would be lovely to see Sophia in whatever she did. I have seen performances of the former London Matildas in various showcases on the web - hopefully that will happen with the US Matildas as well.

KathyNYC2
#69:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/18/14 at 6:47am

Lilly Crawford tweeted congrats to her friend Emma Howard for booking understudy for young Violet in Violet in the spring. So as noted above, Emma will be leaving..

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#70:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:28am

If they follow suit with how they rotated last weekend, Milly's last show should be tonight and Ava should be on tomorrow. Milly has yet to perform this week, just like Bailey didn't before her last show. This is all speculation, but it makes sense.

KathyNYC2
#71:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/18/14 at 1:30pm

Sophia's and Bailey's last show was also a Saturday night but I think Oona's was a Sunday matinee. I would imagine you are right but yes, no guarantee.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#72:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/18/14 at 8:15pm

Tonight is Milly's final show, according to Tumblr.

EDIT: And my high school is seeing her last perfomance tonight :) Updated On: 1/18/14 at 08:15 PM

getatme
#73:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/18/14 at 9:20pm

Ava Ulloa is on tonight. Milly's last show will be tomorrow.

Matt1
#74:( THE MATILDAS ARE LEAVING!!
Posted: 1/18/14 at 10:28pm

Anyone at the show tonight? How was Ava's debut?