King Kong Dream Casting

jetts7 Profile Photo
jetts7
#1King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 11:52am

If "King Kong" does make a transfer to Broadway, who would you dream cast in it? I think Laura Osnes would make a great Ann Darrow!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#2King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 12:14pm

Who should play Kong?

I'm thinking Raul so he can finally win his Tony.

....but the world goes 'round

#2King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 12:15pm

Did they ever make a cast recording?

Rainbowhigh23
#3King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 12:29pm

Will the show also feature Queen Kong?

Brian07663NJ
#4King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 12:43pm

Patti should be King Kong...

xoxo Patti - love you actually

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#5King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 8:02pm

You don't really need actors for this show - cardboard cutouts should do just fine.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#6King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 9:31pm

And no one with a name is going to be associated with this hot mess

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

LegallyBroadway2
#7King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:02pm

How is this production a hot mess, do tell! It has already proven to be quite the success...

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#8King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/11/13 at 10:33pm

When You Coming Back To Broadway, Rosie O'Donnell, Rosie O'Donnell?

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

rabymon10
#9King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/12/13 at 12:17am

LegallyBroadway2, it has been a success because all of the advertising and editorials of the show have conveniently focused on the spectacle of the show while understandably omitting the misgivings in the press (but even they're a munted bag of fun) for lack of book, musicality, and general production values.

The story-telling and character development is paper thin - it's basically a series of set pieces with some lazy dialogue to tie it all together between unrelated songs. I've seen outpatient surgery develop better attraction between two humans than what happens between Ann and her beau. Mark my word, they did not fall in love as they danced on the bow of the ship with all those pretty lights whirring in the background - that was a quick in out, in out nightclub rebound hookup if I've ever seen one.

The Australian public is extremely naive to this and generally hand their money over willy-nilly (high ticket prices also keep these shows alive in a big way) because we are such a 'lucky country' to see such sights, and culturally, the intrinsic value and depth of theatre is not important to the everyday Australian of whom the show is being promoted the bitch out of to; seeing snow for the first time is something a lot of people will wait their whole lives to see (it does exist, though sparse) and make a song and dance out of when the moment comes, without ever realising that if you don't wear gloves when you hold that stuff in your hands, then your fingers will probably fall off, and you will die.

Updated On: 12/12/13 at 12:17 AM

LegallyBroadway2
#10King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/12/13 at 12:45pm

You assume I am memorized by what the show claims it is, however I assure you I'm not that ignorant and easily fooled.

Besides, I misunderstood what you were referring as a hot mess: I thought you mean the process/ the production team, not show content.

My apologizes.

#11King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/12/13 at 1:06pm

Patti LuPone as King. If only to save on make up.

But I'm afraid she'd be unable to play a sympathetic Kong.

Brian07663NJ
#12King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/12/13 at 2:21pm

Just when I thought that since Spiderman is closing there won't be a show for people to complain about...

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#13King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/12/13 at 9:20pm

Spider-man was poorly produced Shakespeare compared to this

passing strange
#14King Kong Dream Casting
Posted: 12/12/13 at 11:23pm

Morgan James would be perfect for Ann Darrow.