Hedwig Cast??

TommyFlanagan4
#1Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 8:28am

Is there any word on the cast in the show? I know Lindsay Mendez got a callback but has anyone else heard anything?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#2Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 9:43am

Are you talking about Yitzak? Not sure if there is a Yitzak. Otherwise, the cast is Neil Patrick Harris.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#2Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 10:41am

I also remember reading (on Tumblr perhaps) that Morgan James had a few callbacks. I'll see if I can find the post

I've also heard about Jinkx Monsoon standing by for Hedwig. Is that a complete rumour or is there any truth to it? Honestly, I'd be surprised at the casting but then again, I wouldn't be disappointed if I had booked for Neil then ended up getting Jinkx. Perhaps a way to keep the audience statisfied should Neil be out?

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#3Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 10:49am

I haven't seen Hegwig yet so I'm not familiar with the role, but I think Jinx would be amazing in anything pretty much.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#4Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 11:08am

Jinkx is touring with her show, The Vaudevillians, I believe.

And they have been auditioning women for Yitzak. I know quite a few actresses who have gone in for the role.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 1/12/14 at 11:08 AM

barcelona20
#5Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 2:41pm

Has Laura Benanti been mentioned?

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#6Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 2:47pm

I know that Lindsay Mendez was invited to a final callback.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#7Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 3:48pm

I adore Lindsay Mendez, but I can't imagine any world in which she could believably pass as a man given how striking and soft her features are.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

barcelona20
#8Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 3:49pm

It's called makeup and costumes.

somethingwicked
#9Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 4:19pm

Makeup and costumes don't change your bone structure.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#10Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 4:29pm

^ Did they really change Miriam Shor's all that much?

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

somethingwicked
#11Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 4:33pm

Miriam Shor and Lindsay Mendez could not have more polar opposite features, so the comparison is irrelevant.

regnad kcin Profile Photo
regnad kcin
#12Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 4:37pm

The rest of the cast (the band) had earlier been announced as music director Justin Craig (guitar and keyboards), Matt Duncan (bass), Tim Mislock (guitar), and Peter Yanowitz (drums). But apparently Yitzhak remains yet to be cast.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#13Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 8:50pm

Miriam Shor isn't exactly hard looking. On stage, her appearance was drastically changed with makeup, bandana, facial hair, etc. Unrecognizable. In the film, she was a little more recognizable but what a beauty she is at the end!

CarmenDeBris
#14Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/12/14 at 9:40pm

If she's got the chops I'm sure it will be believable. How "masculine" she looks naturally is pretty immaterial if you ask me.

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#15Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:22am

Not sure how to link it, but NPH just announced on Twitter that Yitzhak will be Lena Hall!

Edit (Thanks LizzieCurry!): https://twitter.com/ActuallyNPH/status/423126549051609091
Updated On: 1/14/14 at 11:22 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#16Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 11:28am

Right-click a time stamp on any tweet to get the direct link.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#17Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 12:06pm

Can everyone stop freaking the fvck out now?

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

CukorLover Profile Photo
CukorLover
#18Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 3:16pm

Lena who?

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#19Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 3:29pm

she seems perfect.

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#20Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 4:46pm

Glad for her - formerly known as Celine Carvajal. Glad she is moving on from KB, surprised she stayed so long after her part got practically erased out of town. She can wail though, excited to see this. To me she will always be "the crunchy girl from The Search for the Next Elle Woods."

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#21Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 4:48pm

Is there going to be an alternate for Hedwig, or is Neil Patrick Harris playing all eight shows? (I guess I assumed there would be an alternate, as that precedent had been set.)

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#22Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 5:08pm

Harris is scheduled for all performances - and there are only 7 per week.

oasisjeff
#23Hedwig Cast??
Posted: 1/14/14 at 5:16pm

He said in an interview there was no alternate. It was on Conan, I believe...

Now t/d/b/a haterobics on here.