pixeltracker

Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?

Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#1Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:02pm

Has anyone sat in the Balcony at the Walter Kerr Theatre for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder? How was it? I am going to be in town this weekend and i see that there are seats available up there.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#2Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:07pm

I've sat in the balcony for other shows there and it's almost questionable as to why they even sell those seats. The view is pretty horrendous. How much are they selling for?! If you're under 35, they have a general rush. Otherwise, I'd honestly not even bother unless it is ALL you can afford and you want to go that bad.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#2Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:13pm

I can't sit up there-you're a few inches from the ceiling and occasionally cannot hear. AT ALL. I think they should take that section out to tell the truth. (It's rather scary up there-I felt like I was plunging toward the stage the whole time.)

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#3Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:13pm

I actually like sitting in the balcony at the Walter Kerr and sat there for Gentleman's Guide a few weeks ago and thought the view was fine.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#4Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 2:58pm

The only time I've had to sit in the balcony at the Walter Kerr was for THE HEIRESS and I would NOT recommend it. As it has been said, you are basically sitting inches from the ceiling. You can't see the faces of the performers and hearing can be a problem.

I rushed the show a few hours before curtain and got a seat in the rear orchestra which was totally fine because the theatre is fairly small. The show shouldn't be selling that well for you to have to resort to balcony seating.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

PJPan
#5Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 5:28pm

I was in the balcony house right when I went...was fine! Had a great view of everything in the show.

For some reason, it felt less "dangling in space" as I felt when I saw Lysistrata Jones. I don't know, but for that one I felt like the theater was at an angle.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#6Balcony at the Walter Kerr for A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder?
Posted: 1/15/14 at 6:30pm

I am curious to see what the balcony is like at the Walter Kerr...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "