KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era- Page 2

KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
EricMontreal22
#26KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 8:39pm

Japanese bonus track, Sparks, has leaked. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J26Xs3j3hXY&app=desktop

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#27KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 8:45pm

I wish this damn record would drop, already.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#28KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 8:54pm

When I heard "Mr. President" I thought it was crazy that such a wonderful track was going to be a b-side/bonus track. Not so much with "Sparks". This is definitely b-side material. It sounds rather dated, production wise. It wouldn't be out of place on an album released in the late 90s/early 2000s.

EricMontreal22
#29KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 8:57pm

I agree. For the record it's one of the two Karen Poole tracks (who of course did a lot of Body Language.)

ArtMan
#30KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:00pm

Drops here on March 25 as a cd/dvd deluxe edition.

Updated On: 3/9/14 at 09:00 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#31KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:00pm

Which Body Language tracks did Karne Poole work on?

EricMontreal22
#32KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:09pm

From her Wiki: Kylie Minogue - "Red Blooded Woman", "Chocolate" and "Sweet Music" from the album Body Language, "Heart Beat Rock", "No More Rain" and "Wow" from the album X, "Timebomb", "Fine" and "Sparks", from the album Kiss Me Once

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#33KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:17pm

So, a pretty good track record with Kylie, then. Well, if we discount "Red Blooded Woman".

EricMontreal22
#34KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:20pm

I remember "back in the day" the moderator of a Kylie forum I posted on shut down the forum in protest when Red Blooded Woman was chosen as a single...

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#35KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/9/14 at 9:23pm

Hey, I liked Red Blooded Woman. A bit too reminiscent of Justin Timberlake at the time, but whatever. Chocolate was the worst single choice, in my opinion. There were only three singles off that record, if I recall?

Speaking of b-sides, I don't suppose anybody here saw her Anti-Tour last year? That would have been fun.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#36KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/10/14 at 11:08am

So... The Guardian is streaming 'Kiss Me Once' in full! I've got too many conference calls this morning to get an uninterrupted listen in. Will have to enjoy it later today.
KISS ME ONCE - STREAMING VIA THE GUARDIAN

EricMontreal22
#37KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/10/14 at 1:18pm

Was just going to post! I'll have to wait till later today, as well.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#38KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 4:27am

Tracks which went from "that was pleasant", during the iTunes sampler mix-athon, to "OMG, Kylie, you are amazing, why did I ever doubt you?" after I heard the full tracks:
-Feels So Good
-Kiss Me Once
-Milllion Miles
-Fine

This is my current ranking of the tracks in order from "OMG KYLIE FOR EMPRESS OF THE WORLD" to "OH, THAT GAL FROM THE LA LA LA LA SONG?":

01. Les Sex
02. Mr. President (how is this not on the album??)
03. I Was Gonna Cancel
04. Into the Blue
05. Kiss Me Once
06. Fine
07. If Only
08. Million Miles
09. Sexy Love
10. Beautiful
11. Sexercise

VeraCharles3 Profile Photo
VeraCharles3
#39KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 6:10am

Thank you HorseTears for the link to hear Kylie's album.

Loving it.

Thank you for the run down, I will need a few listens before I can put my favorites in order.

I have read that "Sexercise" will be the 2nd single which I am not happy about KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era

Updated On: 3/11/14 at 06:10 AM

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#40KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 10:49am

Just getting around to watching the Mastercard **** show. WTF? So awkward. And what kind of gym was that? Looks like a gym you'd find in an office building or a hotel.

I'll wait to listen to any more once I own the album. I'm weird like that.

EricMontreal22
#41KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 1:03pm

I've allowed myself two listens to the streaming album (*I'm* weird like that :P ) and, *shock horror*, I pretty much agree with your order, Horse (where did you hear the full President, BTW?) My Japanese copy of the CD/DV just shipped this morning so I'll try to hold out the week or earlier it takes for more listens.

Any fears people had about Kylie attempting to be more American or Urban or whatever now seem quite silly. Les Sex is perfection.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#42KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 5:56pm

Eric, I heard the full "Mr. President", or what I assume is the full "Mr. President" on a SoundCloud account which has now been deleted. Rest assured, I would have shared it if I could. It was very HQ audio and did not appear to be simply stitched together from various samples.

Yes, I'm grateful that there's no attempt to Americanize her sound. That being said, I don't think it sounds deliberately European either or anti-American radio. I guess that's at least partly because the world is flat and sounds/production that were once considered very "European" are now enjoyed everywhere. This is a world in which hip-hop, with the exception of some huge superstars, has lost dominance over young adult listenership and EDM has taken hold.

Will be interesting to see if this album can have the impact that 'Fever' did. I'm still skeptical of that, but major pop albums are mainly just reasons to tour these days. And I'm okay with that.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#43KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 5:59pm

I have listened to only a little and it seems like Kylie is not taking any risks this time out which, after "Timebomb", a leap to new management, and an appearance in a major avant-garde film, I was sort of hoping for. I'm sure it will grown on me, but...

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#44KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 6:07pm

I hear you, Borstal. While she's still "that gal who did the Locomotion and that la la la la song" in the US, she's been a mainstay in UK and European pop for decades. I'm not surprised that there aren't any huge artistic risks or incredibly bold moves. I imagine we won't see any of those until she's well into her 50s. While this album does sound very fresh to me, I'd certainly love another "Slow", though. Something completely unlike anything out there.

EricMontreal22
#45KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/11/14 at 8:13pm

http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html#pbid=d7724830c63641b4b5782eadefb84891&ec=NnNzY0bDqpVt5KApfSGL5a_W26tDq9aO Has the Deluxe version with Sleeping with the Enemy and Mr President (just scroll to the end.) Like both a lot, and Enemy is a nice way to end the album even if it's a throwback to Pascal Gabriel's other 90s productions (not a problem for me.)

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#46KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/12/14 at 12:59am

New Kylie interview w/ HuffPo UK. She says new tour is definitely happening this year. I would imagine that more likely refers to UK and Europe and that if we get a N. American tour, it will be sometime next year, but we'll see...

Kylie chats with HuffPo UK

EricMontreal22
#47KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/12/14 at 2:08am

Yeah, since it'll be almost certainly scaled down--and obviously is a big trek to get here, I'm sure it will be at the end after a hiatus... I suspect it will happen

EricMontreal22
#48KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/12/14 at 2:09am

And, really? People are STILL asking about a Madonna duet??

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#49KYLIE 2014-15 : The Kiss Me Once Era
Posted: 3/12/14 at 3:04am

It's rare to get a Kylie interview that doesn't mention Madonna. She seems to take it in stride. Though, after years and years of unfair comparisons, I thought it was pretty dumb of her to use "Vogue" as interlude during her first US tour, so she does invite some of it herself.