#25We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 5/12/14 at 9:29pm

OMG...They are such an adorable couple!

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#26We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 6/19/14 at 12:32am

We are all St. Louis Ram fans

Yes, the GOVERNMENT is this guy's problem.
Every FCC Viewer Complaint about the kiss

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#27We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 6/19/14 at 1:07am

So out of the millions who watched the NFL draft, there were about 20-30 formal complaints and some angry tweets. Big deal. There were many more than 20-30 people who actually believed and publicly stated the shootings at Sandy Hook were staged by the U.S. Government to build support for gun control AND NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Lessons?

1) There are lots of jerks out there. When you publicize them and their comments you are just giving them the attention they crave.

2) The Hockey and Basketball playoffs are over. Deadspin still needs content and column inches have to be filled. Solution: "hey we haven't done anything on Sam in a while, see what you can pull together". Yawn.

luvcaroline Profile Photo
luvcaroline
#28We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/2/14 at 9:19pm

For those of you who haven't been keeping up with the latest NFL news, I thought I'd update the story for you.

Michael Sam did not make the final cut of 53 for the St. Louis Rams on Saturday, even though he had a very good preseason showing (11 tackles and 3 sacks total in his preseason games). The Rams were just too deep at defensive linemen, so they had to let him go.

Sam has been available to other teams since he was cut. No team showed any interest until today, when the Dallas Cowboys announced their intent to sign Sam to their practice team, as long as he passes their physical tomorrow. This is an excellent situation for Sam, as the Cowboys are very thin at the defensive line positions. Sam will be able to work out with the 10 man practice roster after he passes the physical. Hopefully he can prove himself to the coaches, and eventually be added to the regular squad. Time will tell.

Of note is that there were a total of 12 defensive linemen with more than 2.5 sacks each in the preseason who were cut by their respective teams. All of them were eventually signed by another NFL team. Michael Sam was the last one to be signed. I give Jerry Jones (Cowboys owner) a lot of credit for making this move.

Now we are all Dallas Cowboys fans!

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#29We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 7:55am

While I am glad that Sam has found another opportunity, and I wish him the best, I just can't call myself a Cowboy fan.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#30We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 9:39am

Thanks for the analysis, luvcaroline. Go, Cowboys.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#31We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 9:41am

The Cowboys totally have the best underpaid cheerleaders.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#32We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 10:10am

Ouch. He's not going to fit in there. (To my knowledge, Tony Romo isn't the most accepting fellow and Dallas is really not gay friendly. MOST of Texas (Austin is the exception) is really not friendly to the LGBT community.)

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#33We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 10:26am

Have you been to Texas? Houston has one of the largest gay communities in the country and the Dallas gay community is huge as well. My favorite gay dance club in the world is the Round-Up in Dallas. Austin is by no means an "exception".

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#34We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 10:39am

No I've no desire to go to Texas either (except Austin-which is a little different). My relatives moved there from the north (they're in Houston) and they HATE it.

That said, I know there is a gay community there. It doesn't make it a tolerant place as a whole or the locker room of the Cowboys team an inviting place-that culture is very different than the gay club scene.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#35We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 11:08am

Sorry your relatives hate it, but Houston is the most culturally diverse city in the state (and the 4th largest city in the country). The hot and humid weather can be torturous for months on end (one of the main reasons I left). Austin is okay, but it doesn't have as much to offer. It's in a more scenic location and it has the 6th street music scene (which is really what drew the public's attention to Austin at all as the "liberal" city of Texas, which isn't really true), but outside downtown (which is mostly state government and the college campus), it is just as conservative as all the other Texas stuff you hear about.

That said, I know there is a gay community there. It doesn't make it a tolerant place as a whole or the locker room of the Cowboys team an inviting place-that culture is very different than the gay club scene.

That can be said about every city in America! The whole locker-room sports culture has been an issue everywhere. That's how this became a topic in the first place. Have you read about the rash of gay bashing in NYC the last couple of years? Or how Houston elected the first openly gay mayor in the history of the country? I guess growing up, coming out, and living in Houston for 30 years doesn't count as a voice of experience?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 9/3/14 at 11:08 AM

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#36We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/3/14 at 11:23am

MEA CULPA.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#37We are all St. Louis Ram fans
Posted: 9/4/14 at 2:22pm

Dallas is actually very accepting as well.

Last February Texas ruled that a ban on same sex marriage has no rational relation to a legitimate government purpose. It isn't a full on right to marry, but considering that every state that borders Texas still have a ban in place it's something.

They also recently added legislation to protect LGBT inmates.

The also have the 2nd largest number of LGBT citizens to any state in the union - yes, more than New York as well.

Is it hard to find people who are against homosexuality? Of course not. It isn't hard to find that anywhere.

HRC had made great strides here over the past few years as well in establishing themselves as a vocal organization.

Don't spout out stereotypes from TV to make an absolute statement about how you think something is. It just makes you look really foolish.