pixeltracker

Post TONYs show closings/extensions- Page 2

Post TONYs show closings/extensions

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#25Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 1:36pm

I know there probably isn't a BIG name to replace Idina who could handle the score but I hope If/Then stays open after she leaves. There are a lot of other actresses I'd like to see play the role.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

getlucky2
#26Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 1:42pm

Raisin won't extend because Denzel Washington is going back to his movie career.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#27Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 1:44pm

"I could see them closing HEDWIG and doing a run in Los Angeles or Chicago unless they get a big star to replace him."

No. He just moved his family to New York for good. He has said in some interviews that they will be staying put .

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#28Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 1:49pm

Roundabout has THE REAL THING and TWENTIETH CENTURY scheduled for the Airlines Theatre for October and the spring, respectively, so unless they move some stuff around it doesn't look like Violet can extend.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#29Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 2:17pm

"I know there probably isn't a BIG name to replace Idina who could handle the score but I hope If/Then stays open after she leaves. There are a lot of other actresses I'd like to see play the role."

My guess is that Idina will be onstage for the final show.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#30Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 2:43pm

I don't think Violet will extend due to her show on TV land.

getlucky2
#31Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 2:57pm

"My guess is that Idina will be onstage for the final show."

Well Idina's in the show until the end of the year (unless it closes sooner). I think the question is what will become of the show when the main draw is gone.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#32Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 4:34pm

The reason Sutton said yes to "Younger" is because it was filming in NYC. I think she was planning to do both at the same time.

getlucky2
#33Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 9:49pm

It would not be possible for a person to do a Broadway show and be the lead of a television show at the same time, even if filming in the same city.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#34Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 9:58pm

Funny because when The Normal Heart was running, John Benjamin Hickey did make the commute to film his show in the tri-state area and missed only one performance.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#35Post TONYs show closings/extensions
Posted: 6/9/14 at 9:58pm

"Well Idina's in the show until the end of the year (unless it closes sooner). I think the question is what will become of the show when the main draw is gone."

Shows can close early, contracts can be extended, it's all a guessing game, really. I just think there is something different about this show being written for her, with her involved in the entire development. And she was in Wicked for two years.

Videos