Best seats - TDF or rush?

iamjwk
#1Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/13/14 at 10:50pm

Hi. I am going to be in NYC from 6/27-7/5. I already have seats for most of my shows. It seems possible that most of the shows I was planning to rush may also end up having tickets through TDF. I have been watching on TDF and they come up constantly, except Lady Day. If they do have tix, I was wondering which option would give me the best seats? Shows I am looking at are:

Lady Day
Bullets Over Broadway
The Realistic Joneses
Rocky

The prices aren't that much higher through TDF, but I want the best seats I can get. I would rather stand in the rush line for a good seat than have the convenience of not having to get up early if I bought through TDF. My schedule is a little flexible, but do already have tix for 9 other shows.

Can anyone give any advice on these for me? Thanks a lot!

brdway411
#2Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 1:05am

Depends on the day for Rocky. You could end up with a rush seat in the GOLDEN CIRCLE. They are great seats.

For Lady Day there it also depends on the day. I have rushed it 2 times now and the second time my seats were great. The first time not so much but the way the theater is set up no seats are truly bad. Get there EARLY they usually only have 10 tickets if any (best during the week).

Bullets it is FRONT ROW. If you want leg room get there early. Or be to the back of the line (the stage comes to a point in the center, cutting down on leg room). It's an easy rush.

Updated On: 6/14/14 at 01:05 AM

delongpre
#2Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 4:48am

Don't rush Bullets. Front row is horrible! Stage is very high with an overhanging lip. You'll miss a lot of action onstage and you'll end up with a neck ache. Wish I had done tdf instead of rush.

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#3Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 12:26pm

I did rush for Rocky and Bullets, and ended up front row for both.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#4Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 2:09pm

Are the rush seats for Bullets really that bad? I was planning on doing it next Wednesday but if they're that horrible maybe I should figure out another way to get tickets.

iamjwk
#5Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 3:48pm

I would rather try Bullets from the mezz, so I'll opt for TDF on that one. I just remember having really crappy legroom up there from when I saw Gypsy, but at least I will be able to have a better view. Thanks for the help!

gfaustswa Profile Photo
gfaustswa
#6Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 5:24pm

Rushed for Rocky yesterday and we were in seats BB 1 and 3. I thought the seats were great. Front row. Off to the side. You get to stand for the Rocky fight at the end. I got to the theatre at 8:10am and there were two people in front of me. I really enjoyed the show. Would love to see it again when I'm back in town.

Magalamb
#7Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/14/14 at 5:52pm

If you're a student (full or part-time), tix4students has Lady Day for $35. I got 2, row D, center, for Weds night.

Revolutionary Profile Photo
Revolutionary
#8Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/15/14 at 6:45pm

RUSH. ALWAYS RUSH.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#9Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/15/14 at 10:35pm

Just got back from Bullets with TDF and sat Orchestra Row 0. Great seats.

Dr. Jaykll Profile Photo
Dr. Jaykll
#10Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/15/14 at 11:10pm

My TDF seats for Rocky on a Friday night were row G center orchestra. First row behind Golden Circle (so when they went on stage I had a ring side seat).

neonlightsxo
#11Best seats - TDF or rush?
Posted: 6/16/14 at 9:39am

I sat in the back of the orchestra, house right with TDF for Bullets and had a great seat in the middle of the odd side for Lady Day via TDF. Lady Day probably won't be on TDF much though, it hasn't been.