pixeltracker

The True Blood Dumb Gossip-Head Weirdo Bitches thread- Page 3

The True Blood Dumb Gossip-Head Weirdo Bitches thread

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#50TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 5:01pm

There was a line that was something like, 'He was my first...' and then he trailed off. It may not have been the word 'first,' but it was something that heavily implied a relationship somewhat more than just friendship. Plus, the father called him a 'hippie faggot' so there's that.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#51TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 5:47pm

Yeah, I thought the story about the friend was supposed to indicate there was a gay romance, especially when it ended with the dad calling him a "hippie faggot." The whole scene seemed very charged, so I do think that's where the storyline is headed. Very left field indeed.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#52TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 8:08pm

I was kinda pretty high when I watched it so I'm sure that had something to do with it.
Updated On: 6/24/14 at 08:08 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86
#53TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 8:15pm

I don't know, Phyllis, I was too and I caught it :-p However, I was looking for it since I wanted to know what was the storyline that Luke Grimes left the show for.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#54TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 8:50pm

I think the line was, "He and I were..." and then trailed off. I got it, too.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#55TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 8:56pm

I AM MOURNING TARA I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH EVERYTHING

JerseyGirl2
#56TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 9:25pm

I disagree with those who say there was nowhere else for her character to go! Tara and Pam FOREVER!!!!

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#57TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 9:40pm

It's too bad they replaced Grimes with one of my least favorite soap actors, but it's not that big a deal, and he seems fine so far. Many people online seem to not even realize it's a recast, just a different character (the same thing happened with the recast this year with Game of Thrones...) It's about time Lafayette gets some action--I just hope they don't tease a pointless "Is he gay/bi" mystery through more than one or so episodes--TB likes to tease gay relationships and often not really commit, at least with the men, but, we'll see...

My main complaint about the premier was... it was kinda boring I thought. Which is not what I expected.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#58TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 10:17pm

I agree Lafayette deserves some booty.

lovepuppy
#59TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/24/14 at 11:19pm

I agree, I don't think Tara has met the "true death" yet. I posted on twitter that night something to the effect of "I predict Tara isn't really dead, that the vamps took her and someone else wound up a puddle of goo on Lettie Mae. How likely?" and someone replied to me, "VERY. I can't say anymore." Upon doing some research, that person is a talent manager in LA, and I believe, that of either Rutina's or Adina Porter's, but can't find any confirmation on that. Anyway, Rutina has been saying post-mortem-types of things in interviews since this episode, esp. "dead doesn't mean gone on TB," which we know is true, as with Godric. And, some other poster said "most characters are dead," which is also true. AND, the thing that makes the most sense to me is that someone pointed out that Pam seemed totally unphased by the whole incident, so...was there really a (death) incident for Tara? As someone else mentioned, her name is still in the credits. Even if we purists are wrong, looks like we'll still get plenty of flashbacks of Tara, if that's the direction they're going. I don't agree with those who say "the show runners never knew what to do with Tara." Rutina is such a dynamic actress they probably figured, "what CAN'T we do with Tara?" But I'd miss her if she's really dead this season.

I like how Reverend Daniels put up little baby vamp Willa in their shed, since she has nowhere to go, with Tara and Eric (her maker), missing. Too short of a scene, though. that stuff with Pam in Morocco bugged me. I was thinking, "really?" There was no explanation as to how she thought to go there.

Loved the stuff with Jess and Adilyn (save for Adilyn's stupid name), and that young actress who plays Adilyn is pretty good, actually.

The one thing that really bugged me though, was the re-casting of James. When I saw that actor, I had to do some googling, because I was really looking forward to seeing Grimes and Jess after all their tender scenes last season. This new actor is a hottie, for sure, but his acting is so...stilted, wooden. And he paused in weird places. (People are always bugging about how Julia Roberts pauses in weird places, but that doesn't stand out to me as much as this guy's delivery did.) I, too, read the article that said Luke Grimes read scripts and asked to be let out of his contract because he originally wanted to work with Woll, and apparently they're shifting to a gay storyline with him, thus removing him from probably most scenes with her. The way he told his backstory was cryptic (not helped by the pauses in weird places), which would have been weirder had I not noticed the way he looked at Lafayette right away in the bar, when someone "assigned" him to Lafayette in the vampire-human-protection deal. They kind of made eyes at each other right away. But then--why bring him in as Jessica's love interest last season? I don't usually bug about semantics like that, esp. in hindsight, but this particular arc bothers me. Not sure if anyone else feels that way. Plus, Lafayette's kind of a multi-culti guy. He's suddenly going to fall for Typical White American Beefcake? A Vietnam vet, to boot...?

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland
Updated On: 6/24/14 at 11:19 PM

EricMontreal22
#60TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 4:59am

I'm used to seeing Nathan Parsons (James) use an annoying Aussie accent for years on General Hospital--to be fair I think it was his natural accent lol--and then have a really poorly written role on Bunheads, so his delivery this time didn't particularly bother me. I do sorta wonder why they don't just create a new role? I mean I know lots of people like Grimes as James--I did--but it's not like we got to know the character very well, and they could have just explained that he moved on in the 6 month interval, or whatever it was. Parson/sJames is featured in Jessica's first blog, so I assume they will build some drama with her and him. The actors are not all that similar--even weirder was they included a brief clip of Grimes in the long and confusing "previously on" segment, which just served to remind me how much of last year's story I forgot. (I was thinking that Grimes played gay on Brothers and Sisters already, but I think I just barely remember his role as an illegitimate sibling, the show was dropping so many stories by that point.)

I'm a little confused as to why now the entire town seems to blame Sookie for everything bad that's happened. I know certain characters always did--but the ENTIRE town? I mean isn't the entire world at this stage meant to be having trouble with Hep-Vampires? I do agree about Pam--I guess we're meant to think she's been searching everywhere, but Morocco? DId she already check out Sweden?

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#61TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:04am

How come Jessica has such a hard time controlling herself around Andy's daughters but never had the urge to eat Sookie? Isn't her blood supposed to be the fayest of the fay or something?

FindingNamo
#62TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:06am

I could be wrong because all the plot points are a big blob in my memory but weren't all the vamps starving because the True Blood had all been tainted?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#63TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:07am

I don't think she's supposed to be the fayest of the fay, I think it was just virtually no vampires had ever smelled anything like her before. Adawhatever is way more faerie than Sookie.

JerseyGirl2
#64TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:07am

Sookie's only 1/4 fae. She's from a royal line, or whatever, but no, she's just barely fae. The others were 1/2.

I do agree about Pam--I guess we're meant to think she's been searching everywhere, but Morocco? DId she already check out Sweden?

Don't I wish!

ArtMan
#65TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:08am

In the new issue of TV Guide, in the cheers and jeers section, they cheer Tara's death. They claim Tara has been "a pain in the neck for years".

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#66TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:20am

She's not even a quarter fay, though, is she? That came from her grandfather and he wasn't full-fay.

JerseyGirl2
#67TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:22am

True. She's got a touch of fae. Like so many of my friends.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#68TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:26am

Ha!

Touch of Fae sounds like a massage parlor on the Faerie realm.

FindingNamo
#69TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:55am

Not to mention a Grateful Dead song.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

lovepuppy
#70TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 11:54am

Sookie is 1/8 fae from her grandfather, Adele's (Gran) husband.

Adilyn is half, so...stronger fae attraction from vamps, I guess.

"There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had the practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." --Alice in Wonderland

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#71TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 12:41pm

Does anyone remember if, when Jessica first met Sookie, if she had the classic "What are you? - I'm a waitress!" exchange? When Jessica met Claude, she practically pounced.

EricMontreal22
#72TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 2:15pm

"I could be wrong because all the plot points are a big blob in my memory but weren't all the vamps starving because the True Blood had all been tainted?"

Yeah--which is why the "healthy" vamps who aren't infected with Hep V or whatever from the tainted Tru Blood are now paired with humans to protect them and feed from them. But Hep V has mutated so those vamps now live longer and are more dangerous than the initially infected...

....or something....

ray-andallthatjazz86
#73TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 3:30pm

Is Luke Grimes a bit of a pill? I remember him not "gelling" with the cast of BROTHERS & SISTERS as the main reason for him not being dropped from the show by David Marshall Grant.

EricMontreal22
#74TRUE BLOOD - Season 7
Posted: 6/25/14 at 4:48pm

He could be? In his defense that entire illegitimate Walker child storyline was pretty much a bust from the word go (back when they thought it was whatshername from Revenge :P ) and by the time he entered the show the writers did not seem committed to playing it out at all. But there may be some truth to that. He does apparently come from a devoutly religious family--though if he's doing films like 50 Shades of Grey and the slasher movies he's done, maybe that doesn't reflect his religion.

Vulture offers up one of the few positive takes on this season. I think theyhave some valid points (I certainly agree that the shows appeal has always been about its straight-faced gothic melodrama craziness and not a love triangle or big romance,) though I draw the line at this being the best season premier ever. http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/true-blood-recap-season-7-premiere.html