RIP Eli Wallach

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#1RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 12:38am

Such a long and varied, rich career. Winner of Best Actor Tony for The Rose Tattoo and an honorary Oscar in 2010. Survived by his wife Anne Jackson, a fine actress with whom he sometimes appeared. He was 98.

NY Times obit:

Eli Wallach, Multifaceted Actor, Dies at 98 Updated On: 6/25/14 at 12:38 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 1:20am

R I P Tuco

Poster Emeritus

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#2RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 1:21am

What a life, what a career.

Met him & his wife @ luncheon w performance a few years back @ the Players Club. Still very bright and involved. A very gracious gentleman. Baruch Ha Shem. RIP

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 7:37am

A great man has passed.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#4RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 7:47am

An icon.

A amazing actor and a wonderful person.

R.I.P.

....but the world goes 'round

iluvtheatertrash
#5RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 8:55am

This one hurts my heart a lot. Wallach was one of my favorite actors, and so many of his performances are engraved in my memory. But he was 98! And still working... Amazing, inspiring, astonishing. A helluva guy.

Rest in Peace.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#6RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 9:04am

Eli and Anne were permanent fixtures at my friend's home for parties. My friend's parents were both actors and the conversations were wonderful! Very sad today.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Len Gersten
#7RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 1:15pm

Never had the opportunity to see him perform onstage, but have enjoyed his work in films and television. Just amazing that he was still active at 98 years of age.

Rest in peace.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#8RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 1:23pm

It is wonderful to see someone who was good as he was, who loved his craft, living such a full and long life while staying active until the end! RIP!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
Updated On: 6/25/14 at 01:23 PM

Ed_Mottershead
#9RIP Eli Wallach
Posted: 6/25/14 at 6:24pm

First saw him in Major Barbara in 1967 -- I was too young to appreciate what I was seeing at the time, but I continued to follow him through the years. RIP, Mr. Wallach and my heartfelt condolences to your lovely wife, a real doll if there ever was one.!

BroadwayEd