CATSNYrevival
#1From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/3/14 at 8:19pm

Only UK. Why?!? That's so mean.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#2From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/3/14 at 8:26pm

Mean? It's not likely intentional... probably budgetary or licensing reasons.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#2From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/3/14 at 8:26pm

Odd, that's the first double post I've ever created. Apologies, don't know what happened.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.
Updated On: 7/3/14 at 08:26 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#4From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 12:26am

I was also upset. They dropped it out of nowhere and I can't even listen to the clips!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#5From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 1:15am

If you click on the link on that otherwise misleading article, it should take to you to the iTunes website, where you can listen to clips. (Maybe you need to be on a desktop? Not sure.)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

mrkringas Profile Photo
mrkringas
#6From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 8:38am

Be grateful you are spared. Dreadful show only worth seeing early on in the run for the sheer camp hilarity of the entire affair.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#7From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 9:51am

The logo reminds me of a beer label.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 7/4/14 at 09:51 AM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#8From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 2:31pm

I am getting a beer label vibe as well.

For those interested, here is "More Than America" from the show. They look and sound great.
More Than America

#9From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 3:45pm

Saw in cinema last night in UK, a lot has been cut (including the title song) in some places for the better in others not so much. Its very dramatic, but the editing has lost some of the choreography which is one of the stand out things of the show. Its still brilliant though.

From what I'm hearing if it does head to broadway they plan to rework it and add some new songs.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10From Here to Eternity cast album not available on US iTunes
Posted: 7/4/14 at 4:03pm

How can one cut the title song from a show?

Poster Emeritus