pixeltracker

The Shooting of Michael Brown- Page 5

The Shooting of Michael Brown

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#100The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 3:06am

yes. the antagonism is palpable, even on tv.
The police should go home. They look ****ing ridiculous, just looking for an excuse to inflame the somewhat small looking group of potential looters.

No need for police overkill.

Go to sleep, rest

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#101The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 3:55am

I have read that the parents have identified him from the surveillance tape of the robbery and the guy with him has said that they did it. He apparently shoved the clerk upon leaving. That doesn't change the fact that the cop had no clue of this (as the police were quick to point out) and, even if he had, it certainly didn't warrant the use of his gun. The only way I can imagine it even being relevant to the case is the possible fact that Brown committed a crime earlier in the day and thought the officer was after him for that reason and reacted. It will all end up being one person's word against another and the dead kid can't speak for himself.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#102The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 8:15am

Yes. In spite of any bold face assertions from others the cigar stealing has nothing to do with the shooting.
Also how many unarmed white teens get gunned down by police in the middle of the street for shoplifting?
Funny how the Ferguson police could release the surveillance tape from the convenience store and the incident report of the robbery...but haven't released the incident report of the shooting or the autopsy results. There hasn't even been a warrant issued for the officer who murdered Mike Brown yet.
I expect the anger to grow until that happens.

Updated On: 8/16/14 at 08:15 AM

FindingNamo
#103The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 9:20am

All crime is equal in the eyes of the Inspectors Javert of this world. Militarized police forces are, by virtue of their militarization, *all* Inspectors Javert.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#104The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 11:57am

And this very week Justin Bieber was sentenced for driving under the influence of multiple substances, without a license, resisting arrest and vandalism/property damage. Pending is an assault charge against a Toronto police officer. His sentence? 12 hours of anger management and a steep fine, albeit one a global mega-celebrity can afford. The startling disparity between his handling and virtually anyone else with those charges is self-evident. Can anyone imagine an African American teen being sentenced to "anger management?"

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#105The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 12:08pm

Or could imagine anyone implying that if the police gunned down Justin Bieber in the street it would be justified?

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#106The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 4:15pm

press conf. NOW, LIVE. Uh-oh....

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#107The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/16/14 at 10:15pm

It's not just for Black people anymore: What I Did When Police Shot My Son

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#108The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/17/14 at 11:14pm

sooo....I try not to watch these media circus crimes too much, especially after a coupla days, however...

I caught up just now and it ain't good.

Seems that

1. last nite, w/the police in a more stand down attitude w/the curfew and everything, let looters loot stores, did not protect storeowners. First they do too much, then they do too little.

2. A largely unreported story (I'm not sure how vetted it is), of a black person shooting at a police car, missing and hitting a black lady in the head, who is now in critical condition. edit:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/woman-shot-head-missouri-town-roiled-michael-brown-protests-n179286

3. Right now, the police are again in a military mode, tear gassing unruly protesters, who were supposedly "encroaching" on the police area .

4. I personally get very angry when I see parents dragging out their young innocent children into the melee of a potentially dangerous protest. These are adult situations. Children don't have the capacity to understand the complexities of these things, and should not be put in danger. Just my Humble opinion.

Updated On: 8/17/14 at 11:14 PM

FindingNamo
#109The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/17/14 at 11:20pm

Their children are never safe.

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#110The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/17/14 at 11:25pm

well, yes, namo...you know what I mean, and I know what you mean. No need to deliberately put kids in the middle of an ongoing incendiary situation.

FindingNamo
#111The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/17/14 at 11:27pm

A community under duress process things differently than one without the stresses that come with daily life in a place like Ferguson. Don't know if you happened to see John Oliver's show tonight, but what a living hell for the black citizens there.

FindingNamo
#112The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/17/14 at 11:54pm

Live stream from Ferguson

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#113The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/18/14 at 6:37pm

OMFG - you witless, useless dweeb reporters on CNN "reporting" how the police asked them politely to step aside. For crap's sake, report the ACTUAL NeWS, DUMBASSES.

Btw, just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, the NATIONAL GUARD has been called in... UH-OH.....(shades of Kent State '70). Why, why, why.

I ask everyone on here, what would happen if the police just went home...totally outta there???? I think better thing would happen...

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#114The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/18/14 at 6:45pm

Now, I'm living in a time when a big riot happens, I wasn't born yet when the Rodney King riots happened.

Liza's Headband
#115The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/18/14 at 8:00pm

That makes you very young.

dented146 Profile Photo
dented146
#116The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/18/14 at 9:21pm

You don't want a Rodney King riot. Many innocent people were attacked and killed. A huge area of LA was burned to the ground. And that was when our society was, believe it or not, less violent than today.

~~tiny3~~ Profile Photo
~~tiny3~~
#117The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/19/14 at 12:10am

Stun grenades, tear gas, and a possible shooting just happened...and it's not even a surprise. Each side" is taunting/provoking the other. This is a tipping point, where no good can come of violence.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#118The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/19/14 at 9:47pm

Absolutely jaw-dropping cop-ed: DON'T CHALLENGE ME!!!!!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#119The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/19/14 at 10:03pm

Another even-keeled cop in Ferguson protecting and serving

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#121The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/25/14 at 12:46pm

So this is still happening...

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#122The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 10:16am

Last night CNN played an audio recording that was allegedly made during the time of the shooting.

"The FBI has questioned a man who says he recorded audio of gunfire at the time Brown was shot by Ferguson police on August 9, the man's attorney told CNN.
In the recording, a quick series of shots can be heard, followed by a pause and then another quick succession of shots.
Forensic audio expert Paul Ginsberg analyzed the recording and said he detected at least 10 gunshots -- a cluster of six, followed by four.
The funeral of Michael Brown The funeral of Michael Brown
"I was very concerned about that pause ... because it's not just the number of gunshots, it's how they're fired," the man's attorney, Lopa Blumenthal, told CNN's Don Lemon. "And that has a huge relevance on how this case might finally end up."

Attorney: New audio reveals pause in gunfire when Michael Brown shot

Liza's Headband
#123The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 10:23am

...And Van Jones, one of the loudest voices supporting Michael Brown's movement for justice, said last night that it could go either way. The pause confirms suspicions that Officer Wilson had time to stop and think OR it confirms that Michael Brown was still alive and charging him between the rounds of shots. It helps bolster one side, but the audio cannot tell you which side. That's from Van Jones' mouth...

FindingNamo
#124The Shooing of Michael Brown
Posted: 8/26/14 at 11:03am

Let's all take a wild guess which one the "centrist" above believes. Hahahahahahahaha.

Videos