Sweeney Todd PBS

Showface
#25Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/21/14 at 3:40pm

^She's even wonderful in that 1 minute clip...I can't wait!

Updated On: 9/21/14 at 03:40 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#26Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/21/14 at 3:52pm

I saw the concert and loved it. Terfel is gruff and commanding. Thompson was a revelation, smart, playful and very sexy. Price directs with panache. And I expect it will be even better on screen than it was in the cavernous Avery Fisher.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#28Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/21/14 at 9:58pm

A caution to TimeWarner cable users. IFC is showing the Tim Burton film twice, also on 9/26. If you are setting your DVR and search for "Sweeney Todd", that is what you will get.

The Philharmonic SWEENEY is being broadcast as part of the series GREAT PERFORMANCES, so search for that. Here in Southern California, it is showing on 9/26 at 9pm.

Plexsis
#29Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/21/14 at 10:31pm

I thought it was part of LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER, not GREAT PERFORMANCES (if it was the latter we could expect an eventual dvd release)

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#30Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/21/14 at 10:38pm

^^^^^^
Typically Live From Lincoln Center is broadcast under the umbrella label of "Great Performances." Most of their arts programs like that are in fact, like Live from the Met or the broadcasts of MEMPHIS and the NY Philharmonic COMPANY.

It's airing Friday at 9 here (Pittsburgh) too.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#31Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/21/14 at 10:50pm

Plexis, I don't know the difference (though Mr. Nowack seems to understand it quite well). I was just reporting what my DVR told me when I searched for the program.

LightsOut90
#32Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 12:11am

is brief but based on that clip of God Thats Good, they recored Audra as the beggar woman

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#33Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 12:16am

In Canada, it's showing up on Television Search Listings as under "LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER" not Great Performances. (Just an FYI for anyone searching!)

Plexsis
#34Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 12:23am

Great Performances usually indicates future repeats and home video release (ie Doyle revival of Company)

Live from Lincoln Center is only shown once or twice then never again and no home video release (South Pacific, Light in the Piazza, recent concert of Carousel)

I would be overjoyed if it is indeed a Great Performances showing

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#35Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 12:24am

It's not apart of Great Performances. It's Live from Lincoln Center, which is a totally different thing.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#36Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 12:26am

Yes, this is a Live from Lincoln Center thing, at least around NYC.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#37Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 10:34am

Turns out it is airing under "Live From Lincoln Center" here.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#38Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/22/14 at 12:44pm

It has been corrected here in SoCal as well.

Alessio2
#39Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/24/14 at 6:47pm

does anyone know if I will be able to watch this on the PBS website? I don't have cable, only hulu and netflix. Thanks for any info.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#40Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/24/14 at 6:58pm

At some point, it will be on their website but only for a short time. It will not be available on Hulu or Netflix.

meyerd584 Profile Photo
meyerd584
#41Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/24/14 at 8:39pm

PBS is generally a free station. If you go buy a $5 digital antenna at Target/Wal-Mart etc, you can watch it live.

Brian07663NJ
#42Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/25/14 at 8:23am

Thank you for the reminder! Just set my DVR

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#43Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 4:58pm

So who's going to watch this tonight but spend all their time posting on here instead of paying attention to the performance they've waited so long to see since people can't just do one thing at a time anymore?!
#excited #sweeney #meatpie #notwhileimaround

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#44Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 5:02pm

Not me. I'm working. I'll watch it later. Or not. I may come here and read the reviews and let everyone else make up my mind for me.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#45Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 5:06pm

I'll be working, too.

Showface
#46Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 8:43pm

I may review tomorrow... it comes on in about 15 minutes! Can't wait!

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#47Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 9:16pm

My friends were just singing and we heard they bleeped out "sh*t" and all just looked at each other and cracked up. Do they normally do this in theses productions?!

Updated On: 9/26/14 at 09:16 PM

Gothampc
#48Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 9:21pm

NYC PBS just bleeped the word sh*t.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

lambchop2
#49Sweeney Todd PBS
Posted: 9/26/14 at 9:26pm

They bleeped it here, too. And thank goodness! You can't have people watching a musical about murder and cannibalism and an old man lusting after his young pseudo-stepdaughter hear a swear word, you know.

Videos