pixeltracker

STOCKARD CHANNING OUT/ BACK!- Page 3

STOCKARD CHANNING OUT/ BACK!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#50STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/17/14 at 11:38pm

Isabel Keating was fantastic! I didn't even notice Stockard was missing! Isabel fit into the cast wonderfully! Given that she probably had very little rehearsal time she blew me away!

willep
#51STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/18/14 at 12:46am

I thought she was great as well. The view from my mezzanine seat was great. Overall, I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would. The play itself isn't great, but the cast is and I found myself laughing a lot. Glad it popped up on TKTS and I got to see it at a discount.

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#52STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:15pm

Just got my tickets at will call for tonight and Isabel is listed again as replacing tonight. Not upset- like Channing. Like Keating as well.

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#53STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/18/14 at 4:15pm

Just got my tickets at will call for tonight and Isabel is listed again as replacing tonight. Not upset- like Channing. Like Keating as well.

mamaleh
#54STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/19/14 at 10:30am

Ditto on Ms. Keating. She was the reason I picked up a standing room ticket last weekend. I've been a big fan since her dead-on Judy Garland in THE BOY FROM OZ a decade ago. She was very funny as the rehab-prone diva movie star with a naughty mouth and a special "ankle bracelet."

Updated On: 9/19/14 at 10:30 AM

neonlightsxo
#55STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/19/14 at 10:42am

I hope Stockard is okay- I'm assuming she's sick? Does anyone know?

mamaleh
#56STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/19/14 at 11:28am

I heard a rumor about a knee injury--but nothing official from the producers.

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#57STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/19/14 at 4:58pm

ANNOUNCING IT 1 WEEK TOO LATE!!!!!!!
Tony Award winner Stockard Channing has been out of the star-studded production of Tony Award winner Terrence McNally's comedy It's Only A Play since Sept. 12 on doctor's orders, Playbill.com has learned.
A statement from Rick Miramontez, a spokesperson for the play, issued to Playbill.com reads, "On doctor's orders, Stockard Channing is resting at home, recuperating from a recent knee injury. We look forward to having her back in the show next week."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#58STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/19/14 at 5:08pm

Helpful link: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/stockard-channing-temporarily-out-of-its-only-a-play-on-doctors-orders-331049

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#59STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/23/14 at 10:26pm

Anyone know when "next week" is? Seeing the show on Sunday, and would love to see Stockard.

MegInManhattan
#60STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/24/14 at 11:22am

She's still out today. Just did rush and Isabel Keating was listed on the board in the lobby. I made a point to check this before I bought my ticket, but Channing being out didn't bother me greatly as I was thankful it wasn't Mullally, Lane, Grint or Broderick (probably in that order of preference).

With so many stars in the cast, someone's favorite is bound to be out more than occasionally as time goes on.

HighFlyingAdored97 Profile Photo
HighFlyingAdored97
#61STOCKARD CHANNING OUT
Posted: 9/26/14 at 12:04am

Just came back from tonight's performance... Stockard is still out and I'm assuming she will be back Tuesday. To be honest, Keating acts, sounds, and looks like Channing. I like Stockard Channing, but I barely noticed she was out. It was like watching her twin play the part.

"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

ForMeForMeForMe
#62STOCKARD CHANNING STILL OUT???
Posted: 10/2/14 at 9:40am

So does anyone know if Stockard is back in the show, or when she will be?
Thank you!

ILuv2shop531
#63STOCKARD CHANNING STILL OUT???
Posted: 10/2/14 at 9:55am

Just did a little digging around Twitter and it seems she returned to the production yesterday.

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#64STOCKARD CHANNING STILL OUT???
Posted: 10/2/14 at 10:12am

She actually came back Tuesday night, when I saw her. She used a cane off and on through the show, mainly for entrances and exits. Sometimes, she didn't use it if she was getting up from sitting down and just walking around the stage.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

KBeckNJ
#65STOCKARD CHANNING STILL OUT???
Posted: 10/3/14 at 2:14pm

You didn't miss anything.

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#66STOCKARD CHANNING STILL OUT???
Posted: 10/13/14 at 1:54am

I saw the show again tonight and Stockard was in! She was terrific!