pixeltracker

CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex- Page 3

CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#50CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 10:11pm

So - Canucks, is George Stroumboulopoulos now the most powerful man in Canadian media?

FindingNamo
#51CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 10:11pm

Maybe it's time to get the band back together.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#52CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 10:23pm

George Stroumboulopoulos is the coolest man in Canada. If he becomes involved in a kinky sex scandal I will be completely disillusioned with life.

----------

A ‘tough case’: Ghomeshi, the CBC and the law
http://www.theglobeandmail.com//report-on-business/a-tough-case-ghomeshi-the-cbc-and-the-law/article21334714/?cmpid=rss1&click=sf_globe

The scandal enveloping the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation over its handling of the dismissal of radio host Jian Ghomeshi is already making Canadian media history.

Now, it may make Canadian legal history too.

On Sunday, the CBC dismissed Mr. Ghomeshi over what it said it was information it had recently received that precluded it from continuing his employment. But after the host fired back with a $55-million lawsuit, lawyers were divided on whether he has a realistic chance of success.

----------

Interesting lawyer-y comments on this Canadian legal blog:
http://www.slaw.ca/2014/10/26/private-sexual-practices-by-public-personalities/

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)
Updated On: 10/28/14 at 10:23 PM

inception Profile Photo
inception
#53CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:37pm

"George Stroumboulopoulos is the coolest man in Canada."

Uggg... nothing that comes out of Toronto is cool to anyone outside of Toronto.

FindingNamo
#54CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:39pm

Wrong. Kids in the Hall.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#55CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:41pm

Show Boat revival.

FindingNamo
#56CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:42pm

Victor Garber.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#57CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:43pm

Are they going to make a made-for-TV movie out of this?

FindingNamo
#58CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/27/14 at 11:48pm

I suppose Chuck Palahniuk could whip up a teleplay. Or Dennis Cooper.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#59CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:18am

Albert Schultz could play Jian. Cos Shaun Majumder belongs to CBC.and Zaib Sharik is Toronto's new film commissioner. and Russell Peters is too expensive. and MofW stuff is Alberts B&B. I KNOW he's a heavyset white guy but... willing suspension of disbelief and all that.

FindingNamo
#60CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:21am

If we can really suspend disbelief, I want Carlo Rota. Also, he could be in the movie.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#61CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:33am

I can't think of anyone better to play a Persian than Jake Gyllenhaal. And I smell an Oscar!

FindingNamo
#62CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 12:48am

Carlo Rota has some experience with choking.
The tragedy of the Moor

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#63CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 1:05am

OOO Carlo Rota USED to play an Arab gent on Little Mosque on the Prairie one Yasir Hamoudi, he run off in the 4th season and has only worked in the US since which makes me wonder if CBC do not like him either. Nah stick w Albert.

EricMontreal22
#64CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 1:08am

I actually just had a conversation with my mom where she asked if I liked S&M and said she thought "things with handcuffs were OK."

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#65CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 1:16am

Eric, I love you mum. When I was laid off and had to move in with my parents for a spell a few years ago, one night my mum walked by room while I was reading a book, quietly slipped in and said "you know, if you want to have any friends over, that's fine with me."

And I was, like, "uhhh, yeah, I know..." not knowing where she was going with this.

Then she said, "and, you know, they're welcome to spend the night."

So I ask her - thinking I'll shock her a little, "you mean, if I want to have someone over to ****?"

And without blinking an eye she says, "yeah, just remember to change the sheets."

Sorry, sidebar.

Updated On: 10/28/14 at 01:16 AM

Alan Henry Profile Photo
Alan Henry
#66CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 1:37am

I always thought Strombo was cooler than Ghomeshi.

And this thread sure took a turn...

EricMontreal22
#67CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/28/14 at 3:22am

" is already making Canadian media history. "

Really?? If that's true, then how sad.

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#68CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 7:21pm

Jian Ghomeshi Attacked Me, Woman Tells CBC In Radio Interview
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/29/jian-ghomeshi-cbc-as-it-happens_n_6071256.html

An anonymous woman has come forward with explicit details about being allegedly beaten by former “Q” host Jian Ghomeshi.

“...To get physically abused like that – it was shocking,” she told “As It Happens” host Carol Off on Wednesday.

“He reached over and grabbed my hair very hard and pulled my head back. And it really took me off guard,” she said. “It was a weeknight. It was late. And I had to go.”

Despite what happened, she says she agreed to see him again.

“We were flirty, but in that flirting he grabbed my hair again – but even harder and threw me in front of him on the ground and started closed-fist pounding me in the head. Repeatedly. Until my ears were ringing,” she said. “And I started to cry … I wasn’t expecting it.”

She said she decided to not go to the police, but added she regrets the decision now. The woman, now married, says her husband knows about the incident. She says she felt compelled to say something after The Toronto Star published their investigation late Sunday.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#69CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 8:51pm

I have a Ticket for Amanda Palmer's book reading/sale/ performance Nov 25. Jian was booked as her interviewer. As a purported feminist AND a wonderful self promoter I have to wonder how she will play this. Cont- innocent til proven etc or What a woman says has to be taken seriously and get another interviewer.

FindingNamo
#70CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 9:14pm

Yeah, that's a pretty good question! Who knows what she'll do.

Amanda Palmer. "Oasis"

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#71CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 9:30pm

She's already said a couple of times he's still doing the show. She also said this, which I think could come back to bite her if the allegations prove true, "jian is my guest. i don't kick guests out of my house, or off my stage, because of what they're going through. ever. the end." I'm not saying she SHOULD do anything. I just think she has a history of not making the best decisions via social media.

I still don't know what to think. My first instinct was empathy for him, but when he pulled the "bitches be crazy" card, I kind of find him suspect.

Platypus
#72CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:00pm

There are now 8 women accusing him of assault. The stories are quite scary and pretty consistent with one another, which is I guess why he is claiming that it's all a conspiracy against him: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/10/29/jian_ghomeshi_8_women_accuse_former_cbc_host_of_violence_sexual_abuse_or_harassment.html

FindingNamo
#73CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:04pm

"I just think she has a history of not making the best decisions via social media."

Gurrrrl (Amanda), if you're out there reading this, you KNOW it's true. Rethink! Like the pizza, beer and hugs! Rethink!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#74CBC fires Jian Gomeshi for having kinky sex
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:20pm

AWWW the girl who played Melissa was a friend of hers who died suddenly quite young. Her nickname was Becca Darling. She had just rec'd a degree in library science.Her mum passed away a little more that a year latter. They r trying to raise funds for a scholarship in Library Science @ Smith ( her alma mater)
Just sad to see this lovely vibrant girl again and know waht happened.