pixeltracker

Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?- Page 2

Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#25Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 4:07pm

Smaxie just made my day. They are extremely smart to open right before the Tony cut off. They obviously must have their sights on Tonys for Chita and K&E.

Updated On: 10/29/14 at 04:07 PM

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:03pm

wow poor Kelli O'hara won't get a tony this year then if Chita comes in! Smaxie, what theatre will this go in? Also, do you know anything about Dames at Sea or Can-Can or Gigi? Are they coming in anytime soon?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#27Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:04pm

Can-Can did not get the reviews to merit a transfer.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phillypinto
#28Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:06pm

Yea, but it was slated as Broadway-Bound from the beginning. Aren't they still trying to get it to Broadway?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#29Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:07pm

Lots of things are Broadway bound. With the reviews it got, there is no way investors will be backing it in the immediate future.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:11pm

Yeah, I would imagine that Times review killed CAN-CAN. Brantley gave THE VISIT an encouraging review, and basically stated that Chita's performance alone is worth the transfer.

wow poor Kelli O'hara won't get a tony this year then if Chita comes in

Chita will certainly give Kelli some serious competition, but this season definitely feels like Kelli's time, and I can't imagine that she won't be sensational as Anna.

Updated On: 10/29/14 at 05:11 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#31Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:14pm

Wow that's a gorgeous photo. The set makes the stage look massive. Maybe they're waiting to see how Side Show does?

Phillypinto
#32Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 5:15pm

Despite the reviews, it got a LOT of great audience reaction. I wouldn't count this show out just yet

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 6:04pm

It was not selling out, contains no names, is not top-tier Porter, and got bad reviews. And I'm not sure what audience reaction you're referring to, because I heard nothing but mixed things.

Updated On: 10/29/14 at 06:04 PM

Phillypinto
#34Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 6:24pm

Lol ok kad well we r just gonna have to wait and see aren't we? However I do remember a little show called next to normal with all of those problems and still made its way to Broadway.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#35Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 7:29pm

next to normal got great reviews before it came to Broadway. They took a long time developing it.

As to The Visit, I happen to think if it comes, Chita will indeed win.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#36Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 7:31pm

Yes, Next to Normal came to Broadway... after nearly a decade of development, including a major revisal and DC performance after its Off-Broadway premiere.

Could Can-Can come to Broadway? I guess. But not this season.

Updated On: 10/29/14 at 07:31 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#37Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 9:34pm

And Next to Normal sold-out and garnered great reviews and great word-of-mouth for its leading lady.

Can Can is fluff. It's an Encores show. It doesn't need to run on Broadway. What's the point? It's not providing anything new. Let them release it to the regionals.

Phillypinto
#38Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:11pm

Half of the shows on Broadway are fluff lmao and didn't next to normal get a lot of bad reviews when it was off-Broadway? Also, the places that N2N played before broadway weren't nearly as big as PaperMill

Updated On: 10/29/14 at 10:11 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#39Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 10:20pm

Enough n2n.

Judy Kuhn will need to be replaced because of FUN HOME. I'd like to point out that Alma Cuervo would be the perfect replacement.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#40Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 11:25pm

However I do remember a little show called next to normal with all of those problems and still made its way to Broadway.

Next to Normal was written by Cole Porter?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

Phillypinto
#41Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/29/14 at 11:26pm

great joke, givesmevoice :)

Updated On: 10/29/14 at 11:26 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 12:19am

CAN-CAN would be a complete flop if it came to Broadway. It really SHOULDN'T transfer.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#43Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 1:33am

That's what I'm saying. Next to Normal was daring and different, so it was a gamble. Can Can would get swallowed whole. It's not trying to do anything different. It's fluff, but not really even good fluff. I mean, bring it in. Why not? It's not my money.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#44Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 2:53am

I made a lot of nasty comments about Can Can, but then decided to stay on topic and deleted them.

At Chita's concert at Birdland that I went to a couple weeks ago she did a ballad from The Visit, which I don't remember the name of, but as soon as the music started had a recognizable Kander & Ebb sound. She talked about the book being by her friend Terrance McNally, and said how he had 2 shows currently on Broadway (though I think she didn't realize that Lips Together... is playing off-Broadway) and that with luck by spring he will have 3 on (though by spring both It's Only... and Lips... are scheduled to be finished their runs).

Phillypinto
#45Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 6:34am

I didn't see can can and i barely know any songs from the show. I'm not really rooting for it. I'm just sayin, I wouldn't count it out

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#46Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 8:31am

How are you not rooting for it? You incessantly bring it up whenever the season is being discussed and have just been defending it- you've said in other threads you want to see it go into open theatres.

Phillypinto
#47Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 9:26am

because the show said it was broadway bound which makes it worth talking about the possibility of it coming to Broadway. And i never said anything about can can going into any theatre. I have no idea what this show is about, how can i root for it? "I'd love to see Dames at Sea and Gigi go into the Jacobs and Longacre."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#48Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 9:40am

Quit while you're behind.

Phillypinto
#49Could 'The Visit' be making it to Broadway in 2015?
Posted: 10/30/14 at 9:49am

Kad why don't YOU quit