EvanK
#75Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 6:16pm

I enjoyed Matilda's performance.

karen24 Profile Photo
karen24
#76Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 7:28pm

I was more impressed than I expected to be with Sting's performance - he had a lot of energy and I thought his moves (I can't really call it "dancing") and his singing were good. Still not sure if I want to see this, though. To me it seems sort of like a mix of "Once" and "Billy Elliot," but maybe I'm wrong.

I loved the On The Town and GGLAM number (although I agree that "I've Decided to Marry You" is feeling a bit overdone - I wish they'd done more of a medley, including "Why Are All the D'ysqiths Dying?" which is one of my favorite numbers.) Oh well, I can imagine that the restrictions of the parade, being outdoors, time, etc. all factor into the decision about what to perform.

I thought the "Annie" performance was terrible and from the commercial they ran for the movie, it looks to me like the whole thing is going to be a mess.

I loved Idina!

Maggie-the-schnoodle

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#77Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 7:30pm

Pippin was a mixed bag- With Josh looking WAY too old and sounding really weak and the start and last note, but doing good throughout the rest of the song. Carly was wonderful with the ensemble. They still have the Magic.

Darreyl with an L!

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#78Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 8:30pm

I have to say I had one of the best times today enjoying the parade. I managed to get a grandstand ticket at 34th street and had a ball.

I really hope the performances of "On the Town and "Last Ship" increases their sales. "On the Town" is perfect and their performance showed that off perfectly.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#79Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 8:33pm

I felt bad that Renee Fleming wasn't wearing a hat and her hair was very wet. Idina (with hat) looked and sounded terrific. I agree that the Annie number was bad. The Annie kids performed "Hard Knock Life" earlier in the week on DWTS and it wasn't much better. Sad to say it hasn't excited me to see the movie.

I thought On the Town was the best Bway performance at the parade. Sting was interesting and I will consider revisiting The Last Ship to see his performance although I too hope that he doesn't steal Sally Ann Triplett's number since it was a highlight of the show.

I thought Sesame Street had the best float.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#80Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 8:54pm

Interesting, how much the ANNIE material is being pushed, as if its mere presence on the airways increases investment in the brand. On DWTS, it was forced and looked like a mediocre community theater production with someone's idea of hip re-framing. It was hard to see how compelling an update is, but I'm not the target audience; it may make a billion.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 11/27/14 at 08:54 PM

bertandrew Profile Photo
bertandrew
#81Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/27/14 at 10:03pm

It's all on youtube. you can see the entire parade in 18 parts. look up macys thanksgiving day parade part 1

sctrojan65
#82Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/28/14 at 7:35am

On the Town did look good. As I expected it would. Simply a classic.
Matilda. Good dancing, but wasn't much interested in it when I saw it at the Tonys, and still not.
Gentleman's Guide. Brought back memories. Saw it this summer. Really enjoyed it. Different from that flashy Broadway musical full of splashy dance numbers, but totally entertaining.
Last Ship. Not bad. Not enough there though to really peak my interest though.
Pippin. A little lackluster with "Corner of the Sky."
Annie. Really over that musical. Enjoyed it when I saw it 100 years ago. But yeah. Kind of done with it.

Updated On: 11/28/14 at 07:35 AM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#83Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014
Posted: 11/28/14 at 8:17am

"I really hope the performances of "On the Town and "Last Ship" increases their sales. "On the Town" is perfect and their performance showed that off perfectly."

I really enjoyed "On The Town" and "Last Ship" number pleasantly surprised me.