pixeltracker

Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer- Page 2

Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer

Islander_fan
#25Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 8:51am

I saw the trailers. I don't get what need this movie serves other than to make more money for Disney and to not leave well enough alone (thought I am sure I just answered my own question.) Ok, I get it, between the prequels and offshoots of that (Cartoon Network's Clone Wars) they have gotten a new and younger fan base who grew up on those movies and that version of Star Wars. Form personal experience as a teacher, if I tried to talk to one of my students who's a young Star Wars fan, he would look at me as if I had two heads should I mention someone like Han Solo or Chewy for that matter. 

There is, however, one thing that Disney could do to redeem itself from buying Star Wars. That would be to get Fox to fork over their distribution rights to the original and unaltered three films so that can get a proper Blu Rey release. Sad to say, I don't see Fox letting go of them before their contract expires. But, that's just me. 

Liza's Headband
#26Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 9:04am

OK. We get it. We heard you the first time you typed the same exact thing, earlier in this thread. 

I saw the trailers. I don't get what need this movie serves other than to make more money for Disney and to not leave well enough alone.

That could be said about thousands of movies, shows, or other means of entertainment. Why is it exclusive to Disney and/or Star Wars? Terrible argument. If there is an audience (a demand), there will be a product (the supply).

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 11:15am

Aesthetically so much similar to the original trilogy: an actual, lived-in universe.

Except for the editing of that shot of the Millennium Falcon flying that looked exactly like the second trilogy (and the Star Trek reboot).  It's the sort of thing that got them in trouble with the second trilogy.  Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD.  That's the problem with any sort of sequel created long after the original.  The earnestness at which they seize new methods and technology only pushes them farther away from what made the originals so hugely successful.  Add wildly convoluted plot elements, characters designed for children and trendy actors and we're back to the steaming pile of poo we faced back in 1999.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 11:28am

But the original trilogy seized at new methods of special effects at that time, too- and  pioneered many new techniques.

The prequel trilogy let the technology overwhelm and overshadow everything else: the techniques came at the expense of story and character. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#29Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 11:31am

Of course Disney wants to make money.  They're a company.  The movies also seem to serve to make certain people happy, given the enthusiastic response to the trailers by certain sectors, myself included.

I'm also not surprised the trailer doesn't reveal much -- the movie's still far off in December.

Islander_fan
#30Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 11:35am

"OK. We get it. We heard you the first time you typed the same exact thing, earlier in this thread. 
I saw the trailers. I don't get what need this movie serves other than to make more money for Disney and to not leave well enough alone.
That could be said about thousands of movies, shows, or other means of entertainment. Why is it exclusive to Disney and/or Star Wars? Terrible argument. If there is an audience (a demand), there will be a product (the supply)."

Ok, I do get what you're saying. However, there was never a demand for any new Star Wars movies ever since the prequels happened and angered the core fan base more than the special editions did. If Star Wars fans were aching for new material than Disney making the movie would make sense. However, they aren't. 

And, Mister Matt is right. The further they go with the new technology available in filmmaking today, the further they get from what it was that made the original releases of the movies groundbreaking to begin with. When I saw that shot of the Falcon and an X Wing flying in one of the other trailers, my mind jumped to Abrams's Star Trek movies rather than thinking that that would be great in Star Wars. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 11:41am

If Star Wars fans were aching for new material than Disney making the movie would make sense. However, they aren't. 

Star Wars fans are always aching for new material. There's a reason this teaser trailer is a major trending topic all over the internet and the film is one of the most anticipated of the year. There's a reason the casting process was such a big fuss. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Islander_fan
#32Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:04pm

"If Star Wars fans were aching for new material than Disney making the movie would make sense. However, they aren't. 

Star Wars fans are always aching for new material. There's a reason this teaser trailer is a major trending topic all over the internet and the film is one of the most anticipated of the year. There's a reason the casting process was such a big fuss. "

Kad, I get what you're saying, I honestly do. But, let me ask you something. I am sure that we can agree, that if social media were around during the time prior to the release of Episode 1, that it'd have been a hot trending topic then like it is now. But, considering how folks hate the prequels, do you think that there's a chance that the new movie would get the same kind of buzz and yet the same kind of backlash that the prequels got? 

I mean, I feel that with something like Star Wars, even if it bombs from a fan's perspective it would still thrive financially. Think of it, there are going to be tons of Star Wars fans who are going to be going in skeptic, or at least some who are going to see the new movie just so they can trash it online, however, that doesn't matter since they are still going to give Disney money and therefor more reason to make more movies. 

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#33Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:11pm

Not much here except for a bunch of images that say little (it is a teaser after all), my thoughts were: The look of the movie seems stronger and more in line with the original trilogy than the prequels. The shot of Han Solo is incredibly exciting. The new girl looks bland as hell.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:11pm

Of course it'd be a trending topic. It was a major event when the first Episode 1 trailer debuted. 

And there will almost certainly be backlash, that's a given, considering the nature of the franchise and its fans. But J.J. Abrams has such cred with audiences and fans- and the franchise is in such dire need of new directorial vision- that people will be much more forgiving to any flaws, I think. 

Honestly, it's hard to imagine this film being on par with the series lowpoint of Attack on the Clones

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#35Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:24pm

ATTACK OF THE CLONES is an impressive movie: it manages to be incredibly offensive in how bad it is while being almost instantly forgettable. Series lowpoint indeed.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#36Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:32pm

That's the one with the love montage on Naboo, right?

I should have been so high for that one.  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#37Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:48pm

Yes. Yes it is. 

Meanwhile, Ewan McGregor tries to solve a mystery and turns into Jedi Jessica Fletcher. His journey takes him to such amazing locales as a 50s space diner and a space library.

The film is nearly unwatchable. I don't think I've gotten through it again after it initially came out. 

Updated On: 4/17/15 at 12:48 PM

SonofRobbieJ
#38Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:56pm

I've tried watching it several times...I usually just catch a few select scenes and then peace out.

HOWEVER, my favorite screen moment of all time is when Amidala falls off the desert skiff and tumbles down a dune and is rendered unconscious.  She then pops up like 'No biggie' when the stormtrooper asks if she's ok.  I HOWLED.

The only moment that comes close is Mariah's aged kitty in GLITTER.   

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#39Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 1:05pm

I do genuinely like the designs of the alien union representatives in the extremely poorly explained and illogical confederacy conspiracy. 

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#40Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 1:26pm

The new teaser trailer we've been waiting for.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#41Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 3:12pm

I thought showing a glimpse of a beloved character for a brief moment at the conclusion of the trailer was kind of brilliant. Seeing Han again got me excited, and I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan. 

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#42Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 3:57pm

Star Wars fans have never, ever stopped aching for new materials.  They may not have wanted new movies from Lucas after the prequels, but they still consumed all sorts of novels, video games, fanwork, comics, etc., etc.  The fandom is huge and has a lot of power because of the number of fans especially that it touched while they were children. There's a reason why there's been so much talk about people getting teary at this trailer. 

The new movies certainly have the potential to get the backlash of the prequels -- if they're that bad.  But we're getting new movies from fresh writers and a new director and basically a lot of stuff that's not Lucas.  There's an opportunity here for creatives to remember what it was about the original trilogy that spoke to people so much -- for those creatives to have been the fans it spoke to once upon a time -- that Lucas demonstrably forgot over the years.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#43Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 4:00pm

"I thought showing a glimpse of a beloved character for a brief moment at the conclusion of the trailer was kind of brilliant. Seeing Han again got me excited, and I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan. "

Exactly! That's why it's called a teaser! And this teaser was full of little moments like that for me.

SonofRobbieJ
#44Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 4:14pm

It just occurred to me that I'm going to be in DisneyWorld the weekend this opens.  I'm hoping there will be some sort of to-do at Hollywood Studios.  

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#45Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 4:27pm

I'm sure there will be. And that's the best time of year to go. I'm jealous!

SonofRobbieJ
#46Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 4:48pm

It's a big family pre-Christmas trip that we're planning.  My nephews whom I inculcated with STAR WARS at a young age are now adults, so I think we may try to hit a midnight showing at Downtown Disney while we're there.  And now I've gotten so f*cking excited that I don't know what to do!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#47Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 5:11pm

You can tease a plot in a teaser trailer. It doesn't have to be about nothing.

Not much here except for a bunch of images that say little (it is a teaser after all), my thoughts were: The look of the movie seems stronger and more in line with the original trilogy than the prequels. The shot of Han Solo is incredibly exciting. The new girl looks bland as hell.

I agree with all of that, ray.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#48Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 4/17/15 at 5:20pm

Teaser trailers by definition don't reveal much, if any plot. That's what theatrical trailers are for. And I would argue that this trailer did not tell us "nothing". It did its job and hinted (or teased) a number of things about the plot. Plenty of other teasers don't even show images of the film, like the Hateful 8 trailer that was recently leaked.

Updated On: 4/17/15 at 05:20 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#49Star Wars:The Force Awakens Teaser Trailer
Posted: 10/19/15 at 10:51pm

Well, I'm officially super hyped for this movie!

Plus, we get a glimpse of both Han AND Leia now! (I'm curious as to why Luke still hasn't been physically seen on the posters or in the trailers, but I have a bad feeling that there's a reason for that.)

New Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Trailer

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire