pixeltracker

Jenn Colella went on for Idina today- Page 2

Jenn Colella went on for Idina today

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#25Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:16pm

Yeah, I'm sure David Stone was all for it!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#26Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:18pm

And wow, she sounds fantastic! As expected, not a carbon copy of Idina (like Burns).

Visceral_Fella
#27Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:21pm

Is she though ljay889? And even if she is, do any of us really know either of them? I understand respect and admiration, but actions are actions and people are people. I'm always reluctant to assume that anyone, especially someone that I don't know, is above or for that matter below anything that is a part of the human experience.

Updated On: 12/17/14 at 07:21 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#28Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:27pm

I'm dying to hear her Always Starting Over!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RW3
#29Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:28pm

The same Tumblr page posted "What If" and "I Hate You". She sounds so good!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#30Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:33pm

Orfeh allowing Gaelen Gililland to go on for her as Paulette (which I do remember happening) is quite a different thing than Idina Menzel allowing Jen Colella to go on for her.

Orfeh is known to no one beyond the Broadway community and the people showing up to Legally Blonde couldn't have cared less if they saw her, Gaelen, or Amber Efe.

Idina Menzel's name is plastered above the title, her name and face occupy a huge billboard in Times Square, and she's the sole reason the show is even still running. To compare the two is quite irresponsible.

What if Hugh Jackman was good friends with Michael Halling or Kevin Spirtas when they did Boy from Oz? Should he have stepped aside to allow them to go on one night?

I don't doubt that it happens in the Broadway community. I know of several times that it did, in fact. Blake Bashoff let Brian Charles Johnson go on for him for his last performance in Spring Awakening since he had never gotten to go on in the role. But again, no one knows or cares whether they see Blake Bashoff or Brian Charles Johnson or Gerard Canonico in that role.

The situations are not comparable. This whole discussion is so silly. There's not a snowball's chance that this happened, and even if they suggested it, that the producers would allow it. They undoubtedly lost a good deal of money this afternoon.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#31Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:39pm

The majority (like 80%) of the mezz was empty at today's mat, unfortunately.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#32Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:46pm

She sounds amazing! I was worried she'd be the same mildly grating personality that she carries for Ann, but she didn't, and her singing is smoother as well.

Jealous of those that got to see!

Visceral_Fella
#33Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 7:58pm

Okay, I see what you guys are getting at. I often forget how popular Menzel is sometimes because I'm not a huge fan of hers so I was taking in the circumstance more than the person. When I think of her, I only think of broadway, and I forgot that she has this other commercial fan base. That makes sense. I'm still not convinced that she, or even Hugh, or anyone would just never, ever do something like that because like I said there's no way to ever truly know, but I now see why Menzel doing such a thing would be highly unlikely.

Updated On: 12/17/14 at 07:58 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#34Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 8:21pm

For all we know, they may *want* to, but headlining a production has responsibilities.

delongpre
#35Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 8:34pm

Idina seemed to have a bit of a cold yesterday on The View, and I just saw where she's going to be on The Chew tomorrow....so I wonder if they taped that today. Jackie was off dealing with her husband.

The only way Jenn would ever be able to do the show was if this situation occurred. It may have been that Idina COULD have done the show today but leaned a little bit in the direction that allowed Jenn to have the chance. With Idina there, would the show have sold out anyway? Probably not.

So happy Jenn did the role but sad I didn't get to see it.

Justin_
Pootie2
#37Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 8:45pm

"Idina seemed to have a bit of a cold yesterday on The View, and I just saw where she's going to be on The Chew tomorrow....so I wonder if they taped that today. Jackie was off dealing with her husband.

The only way Jenn would ever be able to do the show was if this situation occurred. It may have been that Idina COULD have done the show today but leaned a little bit in the direction that allowed Jenn to have the chance. With Idina there, would the show have sold out anyway? Probably not.

So happy Jenn did the role but sad I didn't get to see it.
"

Yes, I don't think we'll be seeing Jenn anytime soon again since Burns tweeted that she's flying back in tonight. This really was a perfect storm. On a two-show weekday, especially since there isn't a break on Monday as well, maybe the producers mind less that Menzel skip one today to conserve and recover for the coming days than to burn out completely after both shows. She's had this bug since last week, certainly, and missed three shows because of it. Tenacious thing.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#38Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:18pm

My favorite part of the audios I've hear of Jenn is that she is taking advantage of only having to performing some crazy riffs and also singing the end of 'What If?' the way Idina used to sing it, but if Idina sang it like that every night she would die. Wish I could've seen this.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#39Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:25pm

Oh she sounds excellent. I adore her, I'm so glad she got this opportunity!

valeposh Profile Photo
valeposh
#40Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:52pm

She sounds really good!! Sadly, she won't be enough to keep the show going, but I'm so glad we have some audio!

"Mr Sondheim, look: I made a hat, where there never was a hat, it's a Latin hat at that!"

Pootie2
#41Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:54pm

Still no Always Starting Over, though... :/

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#42Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 9:58pm

So happy that this happened! If I lived in NYC, I would have rushed down to the theater to catch this.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#43Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:08pm

Happy Holidays!
Always Starting Over

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#44Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:13pm

From what I see on tumblr. Nobody got full audio. One person has everything but "What If" and another has all of act 1 so I guess you could piece them all together and, boom! Full audio!

Pootie2
#45Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:16pm

Thanks gstrus2!

bwayphreak234
#46Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:27pm

THANK YOU, gstrus2! She sounds fantastic.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#47Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:35pm

Wow! She is great. Obviously not as powerful and forceful as Idina, but it's nice to hear somebody else put their own stamp on it.

bwayphreak234
#48Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:38pm

^ Agreed.

RW3
#49Jenn Colella went on for Idina today
Posted: 12/17/14 at 10:54pm

I loved it!

Videos