pixeltracker

Why Into the Woods MATTERS- Page 2

Why Into the Woods MATTERS

After Eight
#25Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:22pm

"If you are a fan of the beauty that is Into the Woods, take that article for what it is, satire."

Gee, wasn't it you who proclalmed loftily that it was OK for people to hold whatever opinion they wanted, and that it wasn't nice to disparage those whose opinion differs from yours?

Yeah, perfectly OK......

Until their opinion differs from yours!

Ha, ha, ha. Or to be in the holiday spirit, ho, ho, ho.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#26Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:37pm

Great article in the New Yorker, though I agree the musical is highly overrated

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:44pm

And why do you feel that way, exactly?

Showface
#28Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:48pm

Yes, I did "proclaim" that. After you called the show, myself, and fans of it who hold the sam opinion, "hateful" (just one out of any of the words you used). It wasn't the opinion expressed in the article that I found amusement in...it was the tone "we want it gone...it NEEDS to be banished from Broadway", but the author has the right to an opinion, and I respect that right, like everyone should.

Happy Holidays!

Updated On: 12/24/14 at 10:48 PM

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#29Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/24/14 at 11:49pm

Saw the movie tonight with my family, and surrounded by dozens of other families at a sold out showing. Lot of laughs lots of tears and everyone was talking about how much they loved it as leaving the theater. Nothing ugly or hateful about it.

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#30Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/25/14 at 10:42am

Thanks for those articles, PalJoey. Loved the movie. Can't wait to see it again. Merry Christmas!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#31Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/25/14 at 11:22am

How's your theatergoing marathon going?

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#32Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/25/14 at 12:58pm

I just saw it.

And I loved it, far more than any of the stage productions I've seen. Arguably, it works better as a film since now it is one seamless story with a clear beginning, middle and end. I can't wait to see it again.

And again.

And again.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#33Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/25/14 at 4:47pm

INTO THE WOODS...matters to me because the title song became my mantra when after my lover died of HIV/AIDS related illnesses i found myself venturing back into the world of meeting men and taking on new relationships and that song got me my courage to enter strange places with the hope of returning my life to a more normal status...i knew i had to go back into the woods/bars/social world if i wanted life to go on for me...and it did...also the thought that NO ONE IS ALONE got me through many a terrible night when all i could think of was what i had lost in Dan's death...seeing the movie today brought back all those emotions and i found my self happy and sad and glad for INTO THE WOODS...this is why this show and score and movie matter to me...

Javi Profile Photo
Javi
#34Why Into the Woods MATTERS
Posted: 12/26/14 at 12:57am

PalJoey, theatre marathon going great. Eight shows done he he. And shows I wasn't expecting much from have surprised me and I've really enjoyed them. And I got to sneak in the Into the Woods movie as well. Today, it's Beautiful, Honeymoon in Vegas and Annaleigh Ashford at 54 Below. :)