pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 3

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#50MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 12:59pm

I was talking about what I saw on the morning shows today. Not specifically to any poster here.

Wildcard
#51MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 1:30pm

Just watched both Annie and Madge's performances and they can't really be compared as they are different genres. What seemed off about Madonna was that she was not in her peak physical form (she looked wider than normal) and the outfit did nothing to help her with that. During her last tour which was not too long ago, she was more than capable of doing the dances but that was also after months of training unlike the weeks she had for the Grammy performance. Living for Love has a very Like A Prayer vibe and she should have performed it as she would have the latter song.

Roscoe
#52MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 2:00pm

Sure, there's a definite Apples/Orange dynamic going on, but I'll stick to thinking that Annie Lennox is a marvelous magnificent juicy delicious orange, while Madonna's a pretty dried up and wizened excuse for an apple.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#53MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 2:38pm

The majority of reviews for her performance have been positive, i dont think if was earth shattering but i thought she did great, yes she didn't dance as much but good lord, many award show performances she does she hasn't danced her ass off, so because her dancing was not full out last night it means she is now incapable and tired?

As for nerves, she has said all her career she gets stage fright, especially at awards shows, it seemed very obvious to me that her nerves were with her for the first part of the song, after that she settled in to it and had a ball, and it was great to see her having fun.

As for trying to get her 'vogue' glory days back, i dont agree with that at all, especially after listening to the new album, its so far removed from her work over the past 10 years (Living for Love is probably the only hugely commercial track on it) i think if anything she is just enjoying what she is doing far more than she has in her recent work (the awful Hard Candy and the dance infused MDNA, though i enjoyed the MDNA album)

However, whenever she performs, age, relevance, dancing, what she is wearing always comes up, its the same old same old and i don't think it will ever change, i get the feeling she does not care though, and that's why im a fan of hers

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#54MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 2:50pm

Annie Lennox never included strenuous dancing choruses and spectacular sets in her performances. Madonna did. Don't compare the women on that level.

Madonna's voice was never her strong card. Annie Lennox's is. Don't compare as if they were in the same category of music.

Apples and Oranges and each lady is a perfect piece of fruit!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

songanddanceman2
#55MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/9/15 at 2:54pm

Agreed Jane, i love both women and thought both did great last night. Madonna is a performer an entertainer, Lennox is a singer, they are worlds apart but both brilliant

songanddanceman2
#56MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/10/15 at 9:29am

If you pre ordered the album you should have 3 new tracks available to you now on ITunes, Joan of Arc, Hold Tight and Iconic.

Here is the song Joan of Arc from her official You Tube channel, stunning song
http://youtu.be/Uv40WdbfVw8

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#58MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/10/15 at 9:06pm

Ha, I came across that, umm, promotion as well and just had to laugh.

songanddanceman2
#59MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/10/15 at 10:05pm

It's pretty inspired to be fair, yet also brilliantly funny. I like they are going all out with conventional and unconventional marketing for this album, it beats the zero promo she did for MDNA, I think her and her team learned a lesson after that album

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#60MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/10/15 at 10:15pm

Zero promo? Except for that whole Super Bowl thing.

songanddanceman2
#61MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:16am

Where other than GMAYL she performed old hits and the album came out well over a month after the Super Bowl when everything had died down. The only team promo she did was some online Facebook interview, that was it

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#62MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:33am

There was also a pretty massive tour.
I've only listened to the songs that have been released but so far this is her best work since American Life (a divisive album I know, but one that I loved).
I really like Joan of Arc. Between that, Ghosttown, Living for Love and Devil Pray I'm very happy so far.

songanddanceman2
#63MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/11/15 at 11:11am

Glad your enjoying them. And you can't really include the tour, that came months and months after the album

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#64MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/11/15 at 3:31pm

I get what you're saying, songanddanceman, but the paradigm has shifted for a lot of artists - especially "legacy" artists like Madonna. The album is just the promotional vehicle for the tour and the endorsements and the co-branded opportunities where stars like Madonna make their real money. MDNA Tour was her biggest grossing yet, right?

FindingNamo
#65MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/11/15 at 5:29pm

THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO PROMOTION FOR MDNA BECAUSE MADONNA WAS SO BUSY PREPARING FOR THE SUBSEQUENT TOUR WHICH WAS THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOUR IN THE HISTORY OF SUCCESS. A BUZZ SINGLE IS NOT PROMOTION. THE REVIEWS WERE GREAT.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

songanddanceman2
#66MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/11/15 at 6:31pm

Oh Namo, I've missed your bitchy comments in the thread, but then I read your post and it seemed so uninspired that I think you are as irrelevant as you think Madonna is, your post made me sad, it was rehashed from 3 years ago and you just felt like you were going for bitchy for the sake of acting bitchy. Maybe this was just a buzz post for you, hopefully you will come back with something stronger in the future, you have lost it, your old material was much better, sad day

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#68MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/13/15 at 10:30pm

Namo....have you heard any of the songs from the album yet? I'd be curious to hear your opinion of the music.

Madonna's isolated vocals from the Grammy performance.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#69MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/14/15 at 7:18am

She sounds good! I'm looking forward to her performance on The Brits.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#71MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/25/15 at 5:55am

Re: the Billbord story recapping all of her #1s on the dance charts: although having a number 1 on that chart is not necessarily an indication of big overall sales (see: Kylie Ann Minogue), it IS kind of amazing that she's had so many number #1s across four different decades. Am I the only one who literally forgot that "Me Against the Music" existed?

#72MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 2/25/15 at 9:09am

I love that Angel was the 1985 hit- but Into the Groove was the B side.
as well as the Lucky Star / Holiday combo

Here is an updated look at Madonna's 44 Dance Club Songs No. 1s, beginning with the double-sided single "Holiday"/"Lucky Star," which reached the top the week of Sept. 24, 1983. You'll notice that one of her No. 1s is an entire album: You Can Dance (198MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More, a collection of mostly remixes of previously released songs (and one new cut, "Spotlight"). Prior to Feb. 23, 1991, the chart wasn't always song-specific and full albums were, at some points, allowed to chart.

(For titles that spent multiple weeks at No. 1, total frames in the lead are noted in parentheses.)

1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (three)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, You Can Dance (LP Cuts)
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)

1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)

2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"

2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"

#73MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 1:54pm

DAILY NEWS- REVIEW- 4 Stars
DAILY NEWS- 4 stars

#74MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 1:56pm

USA TODAY
madonna's Album is full of 'heart'

31/2 stars out of four