MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

#75MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 2:07pm

Rolling Stone Review 3 1/2 stars
ROLLING STONE REVIEW

FindingNamo
#76MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 2:50pm

To be fair, on songanddanceman2's grading curve, that Rolling Stone review is a five star rave!

I can't believe Rob Sheffield didn't do the Rolling Stone review. Maybe even he's given up on her?

Rebel Heart is a long, passionate, self-referential meditation…. She quotes herself on three songs…. Madonna lets her own appetite for over-the-top sex songs run wild on a handful of cringy tracks…. So it's fitting that she wraps up the deluxe edition with the title track, recalling how she went from weird kid to narcissist to spiritual thinker….

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#77MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 3:26pm

Dammit, Madonna! The moment I start rooting for you again, you pull this kind of vapid s**t. Vice Magazine? Miley Cyrus? Really???

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#78MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 3:31pm

Miley Cyrus is awesome.

FindingNamo
#79MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 3:34pm

I love Miley. But I don't disagree that the that little project is vapid.

Oh, and I see Rob Sheffield was busy reviewing Sleater-Kinney's NYC show, so no wonder he had no desire to review Rebel Heart.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#80MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 3:40pm

She's got some very Madonna things to say in the new Rolling Stone.

"It's still the one area where you can totally discriminate against somebody," she says, "and talk ****. Because of their age. Only females, though. Not males. So in that respect we still live in a very sexist society."

"No one would dare to say a degrading remark about being black or dare to say a degrading remark on Instagram about someone being gay," Madonna continues. "But my age – anybody and everybody would say something degrading to me. And I always think to myself, why is that accepted? What's the difference between that and racism, or any discrimination? They're judging me by my age. I don't understand. I'm trying to get my head around it. Because women, generally, when they reach a certain age, have accepted that they're not allowed to behave a certain way. But I don't follow the rules. I never did, and I'm not going to start."

First, she does that weird thing that people do where they say "females and males' instead of "women and men." And people may be snarking on her, but ain't no one discriminating.

FindingNamo
#81MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 4:02pm

I think I might have thought up a theory for why late stage Madonna is so frustrating to me. Perhaps she is so beholden to the odious Live Nation that at this point she does albums and tours because she owes them albums and tours? I mean, what if she sat with herself and then worked from inspiration and not because she had deadlines?

I remember seeing Yoko Ono on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, looking cool as hell at 79, and talking about her upcoming Plastic Ono album (which is great, by the way). At one point Fallon said something like "When you were young…" and Yoko laughed and said, "I'm sill young!" and stood up, resplendent in black sunglasses and the crowd went crazy. She's definitely somebody who can afford not to be creating new work but she seems to do it because she is inspired to. She's the Yoko persona, but she's not clinging to her 24 year old self.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#82MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 5:16pm

Oh Namo give it a rest and listen to the album first, she has worked on this for a year and it shows more than anything she has done since Ray of Light

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

FindingNamo
#83MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 5:22pm

I agree that what I have heard sounds as if she was there mentally and physically.

I wish Kanye had given her one of his A beats for "Illuminati."

songanddanceman2
#84MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 5:23pm

Since someone already started posting reviews

The Sun
'THE Queen of Pop will reign again – MADONNA is about to release her best album in 17 years and one of the greatest of her career.'
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/6341115/World-Exclusive-First-review-of-Madonnas-Rebel-Heart-album-track-by-track.html

USA Today (3 and a half out of 4)
'Madonna asserts both her enduring indomitability and her vulnerability'
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/02/27/madonna-with-rebel-heart-on-sleeve/23889591/

FindingNamo
#85MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/1/15 at 5:25pm

Seems as if she's hovering at the three and a half out of four or five stars ratings, which would definitely be summed up as "shows improvement" on a junior high grades report.

songanddanceman2
#86MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 6:21am

Lol sadly your report would scream 'must try harder'

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
songanddanceman2
#88MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 8:08am

Much more intimate tour this time, no stadiums, though I guess that has to do with the fact that it's late in the year so the weather would be pretty bad, especially around Europe where she normally plays Stadiums. Glad she's coming to my city (Manchester) and that she is finally heading back to Australia

FindingNamo
#89MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 11:34am

From Billboard: This will also be the third -- and, presumably, final -- tour by Madonna under a 10-year multirights deal she inked with Live Nation in 2007, valued at a reported $120 million. The future of that partnership is unclear, given that Oseary's Maverick Management (which also includes U2, which struck a similar deal with Live Nation) is now part of Artist Nation, Live Nation's artist management division. Initially, the Live Nation/Madonna deal included recorded content (along with touring, merch, fan club/Website, DVDs, some sponsorships, and certain other music-related projects), but those recording rights were sold to Interscope in 2011 for a reported $40 million in a three-album deal, of which Rebel Heart is the second.

Here's hoping she breaks free of the megacorporations and does what she wants. instead of what she owes to The Man. Fingers crossed.

songanddanceman2
#90MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 1:17pm

You must be exhausted having to live inside her brain. So I'm guessing the album she spent a year working on was forced upon her by the big man. Good lord you don't half come across as dumb as a box of hair sometimes.

FindingNamo
#91MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 1:33pm

If I were in her brain I would understand what the hell she's TRYING to do.

songanddanceman2
#92MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 2:32pm

Sweetie you spend all the time doing that anyway, that's what makes you odd.

And what she's doing right now is releasing the best album she has done in over a decade.

ArtMan
#93MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 6:58pm

Tickets for the Miami show are either $40 or $355! Not including fees.

Updated On: 3/2/15 at 06:58 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#94MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 7:07pm

Yeah, I always plan to shell out around 300-400 for her shows.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#95MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 9:38pm

You must be exhausted having to live inside her brain.

When you're forced to be hypocritical, it's probably best just to let it go.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

FindingNamo
#96MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 9:49pm

"Sweetie you spend all the time doing that anyway, that's what makes you odd."

No, that's what makes me me!

"And what she's doing right now is releasing the best album she has done in over a decade."

Well, sure, but all she had to do was sound interested this time.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#97MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 10:33pm

Really looking forward!

March 16-20 / Madonna on Ellen all week!

Updated On: 3/2/15 at 10:33 PM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#98MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 10:37pm

A full week on Ellen. I guess that makes sense for her demo.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#99MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 10:38pm

Lesbians?