pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 49

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#1200Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/6/15 at 8:40pm

Justify My Love is 25 yrs old today.  Man, I miss this Madonna.  

FindingNamo
#1201Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/6/15 at 8:51pm

Do you think if Madonna weren't such a bitch she would have had a "Believe"-level late career Renaissance like the universally beloved Cher, who also hates Madionna?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#1202Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/6/15 at 9:24pm

She kinda had that with "Hung Up".  I'm sure S&D disagrees (how's your health, BTW, S&D??), but I see that as her last culturally relevant, big fat global hit.  

FindingNamo
#1203Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/6/15 at 11:23pm

Interesting, I see that as the last gasp of the final phase of Madonna's career.  Not a phoenix-like resurrection and opening salvo of her beloved cultural icon phase as Believe was for Cher.  Now I see Madonna as a nostalgia act who refuses to admit it.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1204Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/7/15 at 1:37am

Cher always looks like she's having fun and is very playful and camp about herself live.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#1205Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:35pm

Health is still an ongoing series of tests (3 biopsies so far....not fun) but thanks for asking.

'Interesting, I see that as the last gasp of the final phase of Madonna's career.  Not a phoenix-like resurrection and opening salvo of her beloved cultural icon phase as Believe was for Cher.  Now I see Madonna as a nostalgia act who refuses to admit it.'

Namo judging by album sales Cher is not universally loved (I for sure don't think she has done anything remotely interesting since the early 90s). Also Cher had Believe that did well then everything else after to this day barely registered. Madonna is doing her most critically acclaimed world tour in over a decade and her album was praised as a return to form. To compare Cher in a more favourable light is ludicrous. I strongly suggest you watch this tour, it's outstanding. Will madonna have another big hit single (in America, she does in many other countries)? Who knows, honestly who cares. As long as she keeps putting out music like the latest album, selling albums ( even in the face of three months of leaks) and putting on a great show then that's all that counts.

Janet will be the same for example, her album just opened at number one (with less sales than Rebel Heart) but single wise she won't do much. She's seen as too old but many radios, streaming plays such a part in US chart singles and streaming is a young mans thing. It's a matter of age. If Ghosttown for example would have been released by Rhianna then it would have hit, same song, same production, younger artist. That's just a sad look at a very ageist world now, especially the last ten years.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#1206Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/9/15 at 3:43pm

I'm sorry to read about your health issues songanddanceman2. Keeping my fingers crossed that you overcome them with a clean bill of health. 

FindingNamo
#1207Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/9/15 at 4:29pm

I vote for positive health outcomes.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#1208Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/10/15 at 7:26pm

Madonna is doing her most critically acclaimed world tour in over a decade and her album was praised as a return to form.

Which form?!?!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1209Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/10/15 at 11:38pm

Mister Matt said: "Which form?!?!"

-ulaic.

Mister Matt
#1210Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/11/15 at 12:03pm

Certainly not Maiden-.

songanddanceman2
#1211Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/14/15 at 1:45pm

Thanks for the well wishes you lovely people, it's such a crappy thing for anyone to go through (my best friend today just got diagnosed with testicular cancer as well which is upsetting), but hopefully all will be fine. Annoyingly my new play opens this week here in the UK so I'm bouncing between tech, rehearsals changes etc along with hospital visits. Grrrrr

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1212Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/14/15 at 5:17pm

I would sit through a Madonna concert for you to get a clean bill of health.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#1213Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/14/15 at 9:28pm

s&d - I can't speak from experience, but friends who have had similar health scares have told me that keeping busy with work or something they're passionate about - like theatre - can be a God send during these difficult experiences.  Either way, wishing you good health and a great opening!  Are you 'cast' or 'crew'? 

songanddanceman2
#1214Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:54am

Haterobics wow that's a big thing to say Madonna Tour Numbers

HorseTears yes I've totally thrown myself in to work to stay focused, theatre is always a great escape for me. Oh and I'm the writer and director, so lots to keep me active Madonna Tour Numbers

FindingNamo
#1215Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:24pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-madonnas-powerful-speech-about-paris-attacks-at-stockholm-concert-20151115

Madonna goes full-on Judy Garland in Stockholm.  If only her mic had a cord.  Gorgeous.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1216Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 8:39am

http://www.theguardian.com/music/video/2015/dec/16/madonna-calls-complaining-fans-diva-bitches-video?CMP=twt_gu

"I don't like to be late, and all you bitches who keep complaining about it can shut the f**k up."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1217Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 9:58am

They should have made an announcement that technical difficulties were delaying the start time. I can't stand when a simple thing like that isn't done, that can save a lot of frustration on both sides. It just doesn't make any sense. 

ArtMan
#1218Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:05pm

What she failed to say also was that the last three songs of the setlist were not performed due to the venue's curfew.  I'd bitch also.  I had a similiar experience with Culture Club over the summer, but due to rain.  The promoter chose to give us a fake C & C Music Factory (no Martha Walsh or Zelma Davis) cut Howard Jones completely and shorten Culture Club's set by five/six songs.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#1219Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:06pm

She also didn't point out that her starting late means it was like 2.5 hours after the time listed on the ticket, instead of 2. So, late based on when she intended to start the show, since every show is late from the audience perspective.

Mister Matt
#1220Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:12pm

"I don't like to be late, and all you bitches who keep complaining about it can shut the f**k up."

The fans must have been deliriously happy.  Not only did she acknowledge them, but also with the attitude for which they so dearly admire her thrown directly toward them.  #winwindreamcometrue

Updated On: 12/16/15 at 01:12 PM

ArtMan
#1221Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:17pm

Who's to say if she would have started at the printed "ticket time" then they would have determined the technical problem earlier, fixed it and the audience would have had a full show.  I mind the late part, but not getting the full show, which maybe could have been avoided, is the pissy part.  I see her next month.  I know she will start the show late.  But bitch better give a full show.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#1222Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/16/15 at 2:03pm

Considering they discovered the problem during sound check way before the printed start time I would say that wouldn't matter.

And she did address that songs were skipped in a statement she released the next day.

Updated On: 12/16/15 at 02:03 PM

songanddanceman2
#1223Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/17/15 at 7:46am

Ok this was in my city. Firstly she was due on at 9 and came on at 10. An announcement was made saying she would be starting late due to problems beyond the artists control. The show was stopped early by the venue and she was not happy about it but understood and thanked the venue. The booing was actually aimed at a group of stewards at the back of the arena ( not at her), some then continued the booing.

what she said was clearly meant as a joke and if you watch the vids the audience laugh and applaud. The press have made this in to something it just wasn't. 

I watched her last night in Birmingham and she was on fire, in such a great mood and chatted away with the audience for ages, she was really funny actually. The tour is fantastic, it's still big but feels stripped back and more intimate, she was clearly having fun which critics have mentioned throughout the tour, it feels less ridged and much more free flowing. She started on time, finished on time and the sold out audience were totally on side. Incredible tour, very happy I got to see this.

also today Ghosttown was named song of the year by readers of Rolling Stone. 

songanddanceman2
#1224Madonna Tour Numbers
Posted: 12/21/15 at 9:47am

Rolling Stone also voted her one of the best pop albums of the year and best tour. Inquisitir named Ghosttown as one of the best songs of the year. AP named Rebel Heart one of the best albums of the year as did Digital Spy. Glad the album and singles were not overlooked.