pixeltracker

Allegiance coming to Broadway - Page 3

Allegiance coming to Broadway

Pootie2
#50Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:10pm

Great that the original cast is coming along. I love the little backstory description in Wikipedia about how this even came to fruition. Talk about complete serendipity.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#51Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:28pm

I'm beyond impressed by the songs that were linked to in this thread. So gorgeous. I had had little interest in this show until now, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it now.

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#52Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:42pm

The Allegiance and Hamilton Tony Season....I'm okay with this.

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

Wildcard
#53Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/12/15 at 2:51pm

In case some of you didn't know, select songs from Allegiance have been available for download in a mini cast recording

Also just noticed that they changed their logo for the Broadway engagement
Allegiance mini-album

VintageSnarker
#54Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/12/15 at 8:54pm

YES! I'm so happy that Lea will be on Broadway again. If they don't offer a discount, this will be a show I'm willing to splurge on.

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#55Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/12/15 at 9:08pm

Does anyone know if Allie Trimm will be back as well?

BWNUT
#56Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/13/15 at 4:31am

Have to agree re Telly. He was good as the happy innocent naive young man but his transition to adulthood was not very credible. Hopefully life experiences since then will help him with his acting this time around.

Updated On: 3/13/15 at 04:31 AM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#57Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 3/13/15 at 10:06am

Hamilton, Allegiance, She Loves Me. possibly Hunchback, the new Audra show I can't remember, Fiddler on the Roof...what else?

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#58Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:33am

Just listened to the mini album. It's fantastic! Soooo glad Lea is back :) 

And Allie Trimm's voice is seriously beautiful. Really similar to Laura Osnes in its tone and richness. Hope she gets amazing opportunities in the future!

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#59Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:01pm

George Takei fans can help contribute to Allegiance and the Japanese American National Museum by making a donation here: George Takei's Legacy Project

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

Pootie2
#60Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 5/19/15 at 9:26pm

"George Takei fans can help contribute to Allegiance and the Japanese American National Museum by making a donation here: George Takei's Legacy Project"

There are only 5 hours left or so (though I have no intention of donating this way; I'd rather buy a full-price ticket to support a show, and I think it would've been nice to offer playbills to donors, but anyway).

"The contributions here  will be used to defray some of the costs of the Broadway production. And, if and when the Broadway production earns profits, it will forever contribute a share of those profits to the museum creating a source of funding for JANM in perpetuity. The higher the amount crowdfunded, the higher the percentage of profits that will be given to JANM, in a proportion equal to the profits that would have been earned by investing the same amount in the production."

It's currently sitting at $440k, but apparently there's a new "stretch goal" (they're not using that term the way I know it with Kickstarter) of $525,600.

As much as I hope this musical will have a successful run, however, I don't really feel it would run a very long time, enough to fund the museum "in perpetuity."

theatreguy12
#61Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 5/20/15 at 2:05am

"Hamilton, Allegiance, She Loves Me. possibly Hunchback, the new Audra show I can't remember, Fiddler on the Roof...what else?"

Shuffle Along, with Audra.  

Will make a major attempt to get back to NYC again next spring….and these shows you mention are definitely the ones I want to see.  

Hopefully Fiddler is a hit and makes it into the spring.  It's opening in the fall, right?

Looks like Hunchback is a no-go for now, but saw it in La Jolla.  So I'm good with that one.

Really want to see She Loves Me too.

LightsOut90
#62Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 5/20/15 at 3:35am

^ also potentially the new Bobby and Kristen Lopez musical Up There will be coming Spring 2016 and American Psycho is confirmed as well for Februart 2016.

theatreguy12
#63Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 5/20/15 at 3:44am

Will look into those, as well.  Thanks.

Despite having family in NYC and New England, I've never been back there during fall colors.  I'm thinking about maybe splurging and taking a weekender in the fall, as well.

Maybe catch a couple of shows while there in early October.

Do fall colors creep down into NYC by that time?

EarthLuau
#64Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/3/15 at 9:49pm

Allegiance coming to Broadway

Mr Smith
#65Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/3/15 at 9:53pm

was the musical any good

Pauly3
#66Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/5/15 at 3:46pm

Wow, I'm surprised the marquee is up so soon.  Is that typical?

I am very much looking forward to a trip to NYC this Fall.

George Takei unveils Allegiance marquee

Pauly3
#67Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/5/15 at 3:51pm

"was the musical any good"

Assuming you are asking a question, yes, the musical was good.  In fact it was very good.  If the version that opens in November improves on the San Diego debut, even just a little, it will be great.

JustBe23
#68Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/5/15 at 5:32pm

It was flawed, but good flawed. Good flawed with a ton of potential, and that was nearly four years ago. Can't wait to see what the show has become.

Mr Smith
#69Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/6/15 at 1:12am

I am so going to this

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#70Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/6/15 at 6:26am

the link to the mini album doesn't seem to be working now- is it elsewhere?

Mr Smith
#71Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 6/6/15 at 6:30am

I love Ben Walker he really should have got nominated for bbaj

Pootie2
#72Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 8/19/15 at 11:37pm

Takei has posted two (with more to follow,I expect) documentary videos on his Facebook this month, which follows the background and process in getting this show to Broadway:

https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/videos

Pootie2
#73Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 9/1/15 at 10:00pm

Episode 3 "making of" is out!

https://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei/videos/vl.1229516840407094/1351680644861385/

MVintheheartland
#74Allegiance coming to Broadway
Posted: 9/2/15 at 7:58am

I am hoping it is as good as some previous posters say. Going at the end of October with a friend whose parents were in a Japanese internment camp. Her father joined the army to fight in WWII to get out of the camp. 

Obviously she has a lot of interest. Lokking forward to it.