pixeltracker

Riedel on Hamilton transfer- Page 15

Riedel on Hamilton transfer

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#350Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/3/15 at 1:28pm

That's really ugly artwork. I can't imagine seeing that in Times Sq. or on a maruqee and being excited. Considering how exciting the show is.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#351Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/3/15 at 1:28pm

I liked the bright yellow background they were using better.

....but the world goes 'round

neonlightsxo
#352Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/3/15 at 1:30pm

Agreed, the Public artwork is much better. And I love the way it uses the lyrics. The new art? Not so much.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#353Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:50pm

Well it's official.

....but the world goes 'round

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#354Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/7/15 at 9:49am

Lin just tweeted that tix will be sold in person at the Marquis starting tomorrow. They are gonna do it for a week and if it's successful, they will keep selling them there until If/Then closes.

I thought this was interesting and have never heard of a show doing this before.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#355Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/7/15 at 10:21am

^ Stupid. The demand for this show is NOT AS HIGH AS THEY THINK IT IS and that is a waste of time. The only positive is putting some box office employees back at work.

Why is the box office at the Rodgers incapable of selling for two shows at a time? I've seen it done before.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#356Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/7/15 at 10:23am

That is great! I'm buying six tickets, and I am hoping to avoid all those Ticketmaster fees. It's only fair to give people a way to do that.

Now, why isn't this info on the Hamilton Facebook page?

Anyway, maybe we should start a new thread?

GreasedLightning
#357Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/7/15 at 10:28am

I guess avoiding the Ticketmaster fees is a good excuse to open the box office early! No one wants to pay those per ticket expenses… they're the worst.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#358Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/7/15 at 11:05am

Does it waste YOUR time??

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

GreasedLightning
#359Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/7/15 at 11:14am

Did I say it wasted MY time??

damnfew2
#360Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/19/15 at 4:32pm

HAMILTON has sold $6.5 million worth of tickets in its first 11 days of Broadway availability, and has orders from groups for another $4 million worth of seats. NY Times

Wonder how many school groups make up that 4M?

Hyperbolically yours,

Damnfew

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#361Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 3/19/15 at 6:53pm

Likely very few. Not too many schools can put out money now for something in the next school year.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

damnfew2
#362Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 4/11/15 at 10:27am

Oh,  please - who do you think bought $4M (and counting) of group sales?  Ladies auxilieries? Church groups?  ummm, no.

I talked to a group sales agent and he said that schools are "clamoring" for HAMILTON (his word, not mine).  

I'm guessing the show will have a close to a 20M advance by the time it opens.

You'll have to get on your high horse and write the WALL STREET JOURNAL for the outlandish hyperbole printed in on their Editorial page today (notice, not theater section):  

"I saw “Hamilton” the other day. It is a masterpiece.

It’s good news for America, too.

There is nothing like it on the New York stage, and never has been."

---  Gee, Peggy, hyperbole much??

"HAMILTON hits your heart hard when you witness human excellence. Because the true tale of how an illegitimate, lowborn orphan from the West Indies went on to become an inventor of America is a heck of a story. And because it is surprising yet perfect that that story is told in a hip-hop/rap/rhythm-and-blues/jazz/ballad musical whose sound is pure 2015 yet utterly appropriate to the tale....

.. the young Republicans running now need to see this show. It is going to make them hopeful, and in some new way it’s going to make them grateful."

"It is a big thing to say a play is worthy of Alexander Hamilton, but it is."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-stage-a-revolution-1428620603

PS - Have you seen the show yet?   

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#363Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 4/11/15 at 10:34am

I think it's a masterpiece, too. I don't get your point.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#364Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 4/11/15 at 10:41am

"---  Gee, Peggy, hyperbole much??

PS - Have you seen the show yet?" 

Have YOU seen the show yet? If you had then you'd know it's a masterpiece and a breath of fresh air for Broadway.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

iagowasframed
#365Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 4/11/15 at 5:52pm

Agreed. not only did I love it, and I don't love a lot of shows, but my 16 year old tough guy rap loving son was totally taken in and loved it as well. This show is amazing if the marketing is done right should crossover like a mother****er....so to speak....

damnfew2
#366Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 8/9/15 at 4:54pm

"Hyperbole much, damnfew?"  --  dramamama611 

As it turns out, I was rather tepid in my response (comparatively).  My bad.   

"