pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 69

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Sunshine31
#1700Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:32pm

emscats2 said: "Hello everybody!  Long time reader, first time poster.  I’ve loved reading your posts about your experiences here, so I thought I’d share my own.

Currently, I am sitting in the Hamilton cancelation line. My bf and I arrived around 2:15-2:30 PM today (5/17/16).  Since we anticipated waiting til Wednesday to see the show, we brought things to make an overnight stay more comfortable.

There are no line-sitters (SOLD or otherwise) here, which seems to be a first!  We were the 16th and 17th people in line.  The first two people got here 11 PM on Monday (they mentioned being mildly bothered by some guys at night, but they moved on), and the next few at 1 AM.  The three girls right before us had arrived at 6:30 AM, but bailed around 5:20 PM (one had seen it before and I think they are aiming for the Ham4Ham in-person lottery tomorrow).  As of 5:49, there are about 10 people after us.  We’ve seen about 4-5 lottery winners pick up their tickets, but I could have missed them as we re-located to the right side of the door, under the steel awnings.

One hour til showtime, so we’ll see how ticket distribution goes!

"

Welcome emscats2 (waves) and thanks for the update! 

happydude
#1701Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:39pm

MISH2 said: "BroadwayFan2 said: "@MISH2 - Sayeth she who is a 100 years old. Thanks for being so positive grandma. 

I'm not 100, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Checkmate !!!

"

"

chowbi
#1702Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 6:42pm

emscats2 said: "Hello everybody!  Long time reader, first time poster.  I’ve loved reading your posts about your experiences here, so I thought I’d share my own.

Currently, I am sitting in the Hamilton cancelation line. My bf and I arrived around 2:15-2:30 PM today (5/17/16).  Since we anticipated waiting til Wednesday to see the show, we brought things to make an overnight stay more comfortable.

There are no line-sitters (SOLD or otherwise) here, which seems to be a first!  We were the 16th and 17th people in line.  The first two people got here 11 PM on Monday (they mentioned being mildly bothered by some guys at night, but they moved on), and the next few at 1 AM.  The three girls right before us had arrived at 6:30 AM, but bailed around 5:20 PM (one had seen it before and I think they are aiming for the Ham4Ham in-person lottery tomorrow).  As of 5:49, there are about 10 people after us.  We’ve seen about 4-5 lottery winners pick up their tickets, but I could have missed them as we re-located to the right side of the door, under the steel awnings.

"

Thanks for keeping us all up to date! Good luck!!

emilyschan
#1703Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:16pm

"

Do you know how many people are there for the Wednesday shows? I'm planning on waiting overnight tonight for the matinee tomorrow

emscats2
#1704Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:17pm

Ticket run-down for Tuesday May 17th:

Before 2 PM: 1 premium ticket

6:10 PM: 1 pair, 1 single

7:00 PM: 1 pair

7:02 PM: 1 single (standing room)

We were the 2nd and 3rd people left before tickets ran out, so we did not get into the show today. Settling in for a night of waiting.

schubox
#1705Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:19pm

That's the second or third time I've seen only a single premium. Is that normal for it to come as a single and not a pair?

emscats2
#1706Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:21pm

Oh, and the last person to get in for the show tonight came 3 AM the night before.

Mediamaven2
#1707Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:23pm

wow, 7 tickets total sold to the cancellation line? depressing. Bad weather + early in weeknight show (with Monday show to boot, not the first show after weekend) and still just 7? Is it hit and miss or am I correct to think, this will only get worse through mid-July....let alone all summer...

schubox
#1708Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:25pm

Also where are you lining up when you guys get there late/early at night? When I did it with a sitter we lined up beside the theater to the left if you're facing the door. Is the line there at night or in front of the theater itself?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#1709Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:27pm

Think I've just seen you guys as I walked past. Stay safe and I hope you get in ok tomorrow

schubox
#1710Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:27pm

Mediamaven2 said: "wow, 7 tickets total sold to the cancellation line? depressing. Bad weather + early in weeknight show (with Monday show to boot, not the first show after weekend) and still just 7? Is it hit and miss or am I correct to think, this will only get worse through mid-July....let alone all summer...

"

Who knows. I went not last Saturday but the one before and the matinee release 12 or 13 and the night show released about the same. It helped that 6 lottery tickets opened up. Seems like the average is 6-8 for a typical show 

emilyschan
#1711Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:35pm

I'm gonna head out to the line from Brooklyn now. I guess emscats2 and I will be line buddies tonight(:

happydude
#1712Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:37pm

did the patrons have to run directly in after receiving tickets.

petewk87
#1713Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:44pm

wow, only 1 standing room for tonight! I would love to get standing room -- I know this is extremely variable but if I aim for a single standing room, how early would I have to show up? do people in the front of the line tend to decline a single SRO?

ashk8177
#1714Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 7:53pm

petewk87 said: "wow, only 1 standing room for tonight! I would love to get standing room -- I know this is extremely variable but if I aim for a single standing room, how early would I have to show up? do people in the front of the line tend to decline a single SRO?

"

I don't think your chances for SRO are any better than for regular. There was only one yesterday and the first person it was offered to snatched it up immediately.

schubox
#1715Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:13pm

happydude said: "did the patrons have to run directly in after receiving tickets.

"

When I got my ticket from sitting I got it at around 6PM for an 8 o'clock show. I went back to my hotel room and came back at 7:30. No one said anything to me. That's why I wonder how they are going to enforce the person who buys the ticket has to use it unless they sell it to you right at doors

emscats2
#1716Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:23pm

Yay! Glad to have company, emilyschan! Currently it is just the two of us.

Schubox, we are in the same spot (ie left, if you are looking at the theater from across the street).

Thanks Mark_E for your kind wishes.

Happydude, for the 7 PM and after people, yes they did run in directly. The last ticket was given to a gentleman who was part of a group, but his wife pushed him to go ahead and take the ticket since it was already after 7.

steins
#1717Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:45pm

emscats2 said: "Ticket run-down for Tuesday May 17th:

Before 2 PM: 1 premium ticket

6:10 PM: 1 pair, 1 single

7:00 PM: 1 pair

7:02 PM: 1 single (standing room)

We were the 2nd and 3rd people left before tickets ran out, so we did not get into the show today. Settling in for a night of waiting.

"

damn... only 4 ticket (not including premium)!?

EDIT: oh my bad...  2 pair 2 single... still..

Updated On: 5/17/16 at 08:45 PM

playbill-love
#1718Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:50pm

At what price are unclaimed lottery tickets sold? $10? Full price? Premium?

steins
#1719Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:54pm

playbill-love said: "At what price are unclaimed lottery tickets sold? $10? Full price? Premium?

"

usually full price

schubox
#1720Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:54pm

playbill-love said: "At what price are unclaimed lottery tickets sold? $10? Full price? Premium?

"

$177

schubox
#1721Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 8:56pm

Double 

Updated On: 5/17/16 at 08:56 PM

jdra
#1722Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 9:14pm

playbill-love said: "At what price Premium? "

$477 but heard they were going up to $508 but not sure.

schubox
#1723Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 9:22pm

jdra said: "playbill-love said: "At what price Premium? "

$477 but heard they were going up to $508 but not sure.

"

Unclaimed lottery tickets go for $177

jdra
#1724Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 5/17/16 at 9:32pm

schubox said: "jdra said: "playbill-love said: "At what price Premium? "

$477 but heard they were going up to $508 but not sure
"

Unclaimed lottery tickets go for $177
"

I know. It seemed like perhaps the poster was asking about the price of unclaimed lottery and also premium.