Straightest Musicals

Buffalo Bill Profile Photo
Buffalo Bill
#100Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:03am

Touche, Namo! 

From President Obama: "Over the years, musicals have been at the forefront of our social consciousness, challenging stereotypes, shaping our opinions about race and religion, death and disease, power and politics."

FindingNamo
#101Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:07am

Straightest Musicals

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

broadwaysfguy
#102Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:18am

thanks pinto and everyone on this board and thread...some of the funniest comments ive ever read...im literally in tears....

pinto if you want to impress your straight friend, taking him to a yankees game is almost always a pretty safe bet...

I'm straight (not that there's anything wrong with it) and love almost every musical Ive ever seen, so the steroetyping and generalizing that others have have commented on is a bullseye.

I believe that most men and women who enjoy live entertainment and performance would enjoy most great musicals, regarding of sexual orientation...great entertainment is great entertainment...

If i were to invite a male friend to a musical who has never been to one and he may have biases or preconceptions about musicals, I would ease him into the musical theatre with:

South Pacific

My Fair Lady(although ive always wondered about henry and pickering....)

Book of Mormon

Jersey Boys

How to Succeed in Business

I did take a straight friend to kinky boots in december, and afterward he suggested we go immediately to Mitchell Brothers strip club to counterbalance what he'd just seen and try to un-confuse himself.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#103Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:31am

I've read on here that pinto isn't a high school student, which I find hard to believe.

But if he truly has graduated high school then wow, our education system really does suck.

It's not just his verbiage that's so immature (and boy is it), it's that teenage arrogance that informs every post he writes.

It's very strange that someone who is ostensibly involved in theater on a collegiate or professional level would ever ask a question worded as insensitively as this thread's title.

....but the world goes 'round

FindingNamo
#104Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:49am

I always wanted to go to the Mitchell Brothers place despite my homosexualist tendencies.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#105Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:04pm

But it's tough.  Musicals are de facto gay.  Even the straight male characters in musicals are gay because they're all played by gay guys.  Except Tony Yazbeck, the world's first non-sybillant Tulsa."

That's laughably false.  

Updated On: 4/15/15 at 01:04 PM

Emmaloucbway
#106Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:15pm

Rock of Ages!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#107Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:30pm

"
But it's tough.  Musicals are de facto gay.  Even the straight male characters in musicals are gay because they're all played by gay guys.  Except Tony Yazbeck, the world's first non-sybillant Tulsa."

That's laughably false.  
 "

Yes, we know Sutton. It's a joke.

Jokes are meant to be laughable.

AEA AGMA SM
#108Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:55pm

"I've read on here that pinto isn't a high school student, which I find hard to believe.
But if he truly has graduated high school then wow, our education system really does suck.
It's not just his verbiage that's so immature (and boy is it), it's that teenage arrogance that informs every post he writes.
It's very strange that someone who is ostensibly involved in theater on a collegiate or professional level would ever ask a question worded as insensitively as this thread's title. "

Sadly he seems to be fairly representative of a lot of the younger kids coming out of college and trying to get into the industry.  Go to any open call and sit in the holding room and you'll hear so many kids who speak with that teenage arrogance that you note.  I'm rehearsing at Chelsea Studios right now and there's been open calls for Carnival Cruise Lines the past two days.  The number of eye-rolling, cringe-inducing things I've heard is astounding.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#109Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:07pm

"The number of eye-rolling, cringe-inducing things I've heard is astounding."

and that's not even in the audition room. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#110Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:30pm

pleaseeeee I'm the nicest person you'll ever meeeet

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#111Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:52pm

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#112Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 3:03pm

This is a repulsive thread and proof that the musical theater has become a ghetto and caters to a smug, self-satisfied minority.

That makes no sense.

I'm surprised how many people took this baiting thread so seriously.  

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#113Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 3:38pm

The sad part is I don't think it was bait.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#114Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 4:01pm

If that's true, then we should be welcoming a new being to planet earth with open arms!  Or at least replace our guns with walkieeeeeeeee-talkieeeeeeeeeeeees!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#115Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 5:18pm

I thought naked boys singing would be a lot straighter than it was, but there were a few unexpected curves. 

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#116Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:20pm

"pleaseeeee I'm the nicest person you'll ever meeeet"

Phillypinto, have you been using your computer for...um..."extra-curricular" activities?  Your keyboard seems to be very, very sticky.

Phillypinto
#117Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/15/15 at 11:57pm

LOLLLLLLL

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#118Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/16/15 at 12:01am

I'll take that as a yes.  :)

Liza's Headband
#119Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/16/15 at 9:13am

adam. don't feed the troll. 

Phillypinto
#120Straightest Musicals
Posted: 4/19/15 at 7:10pm

"Um....they're Dominican.  And Puerto Ricans would NOT like In the Heights.

Nice, now you just insulted MORE people."

this is still HILARIOUS to me!!