Is TDF worth it?

brdway411
#25Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 2:37am

Totally worth it. Ended up in premium seats for Barry Manalow on Broadway 2 years ago. Have always gotten great seats. I use it at least once a week, On and off Broadway . 

PJPan
#26Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:31am

Totally worth it. For the price and some of the surprise show gems that pop up, I've seen some great shows using it.

LarryD2
#27Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:47am

FYI: If you live more than 100 miles from NYC, you're eligible for TDF's national membership, which is only $12 a year and entitles you to all the same privileges as regular TDF members. See link. 

TDF national membership

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#28Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:51am

I finally remembered to contact TDF about switching my membership to this from a regular membership.  Waiting to hear back from them.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MegInManhattan
#29Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 10:58am

Question about picking up your TDF tickets: do they ask for ID at the box office? Example, if my mom signed up as a qualified retiree, could I pick up the tickets or do they make sure the name on the ID matches?

eperkins Profile Photo
eperkins
#30Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 12:46pm

Sometimes the B.O. asks to see your ID, but in my experience, most times they do not. I don't know what would happen if they ask for ID and it doesn't match. I guess they might not give you the tickets. You'd be taking a chance.

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#31Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:35pm

For me, it's definitely been worth it!  I've gotten a lot of great orchestra seats (some premium), many fine mezz seats, and only one balcony seat through TDF.  I'm a public librarian, and TDF's enabled me to attend the theater waaaay more than I could afford normally.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#32Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:51pm

where do you order and pick up the tickets?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#33Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 6:52pm

You order them online and pick them up at the box office.

Wish I knew about the $12 thing for people more than 100 miles away before I signed up a few months ago. Oh well, maybe when I renew I will call them and sort it out if at all possible.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#34Is TDF worth it?
Posted: 4/27/15 at 7:16pm

I also have a national membership and just renewed it. It's completely worth it. I used it 5 or 6 times last year and got pretty great seats each time.