pixeltracker

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows- Page 5

Famous People You Have Spotted at Broadway Shows

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#100Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/17/15 at 6:15am

Not really famous, just well known, I sat directly next to Joe Biden and his wife Jill at Billy Elliot.  We had a few minutes before the show to chat.  He signed a Playbill for me, introduced me to Jill, asked me what I did for a living, etc.  He was so nice and happy to get a night out, until some obnoxious girls in the mezzanine started screaming his name.  He told me how he hates that and prefers when people are calmer and quieter.  After the show, before he was whisked away by the Secret Service he wished me a nice evening, told me it was a pleasure meeting me and said good night. 

#101Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/17/15 at 1:11pm

At my first broadway show, Newsies, I saw Rosie O'Donnell sitting in the same row as me about 10  seats down fron where I was! 

ajh
#102Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/18/15 at 7:01pm

Was  at HAND TO GOD last week and Cheyenne Jackson & Jason Landau were in my row. They are so damn ugly, they should be sitting at home with bags over their heads not out in public frightening theatre goers. Yes I'm joking. They were really friendly as I barged past them to get to my seat. I didn't say anything much to them as I'm not very articulate when overcome with lust.

Saw Lea Salonga on dancefloor of HERE LIES LOVE in London.

jonanthony2 Profile Photo
jonanthony2
#103Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/18/15 at 10:42pm

Sat Behind Sigorny Weaver at ISBY and watched here and her husband? boytoy? brother? have a great time.

RachelJean Profile Photo
RachelJean
#104Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/19/15 at 12:57am

My friend spotted Mary-Louise Parker while we were at a preview of Fun Home!

japhun2 Profile Photo
japhun2
#105Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/19/15 at 8:31am

Last week I was a row behind Sir Ian McKellan at American Buffalo in London!

Alessio2
#106Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/19/15 at 4:17pm

I was also at the same performance of AAIP when Bill and Hillary Clinton were in attendance. They were way more exciting than the actual show. Also spotted Swoosie Kurtz there that night.

broadwayjim42
#107Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/20/15 at 8:56pm

John Waters at August Osage County--during intermission grew a set and went up and said hello and how much of a fan I was. He smiled and thanked me and I hightailed in back inside.

Rosie Perez down the row from me at No Child.

Billy Porter, dressed like a naughty schoolboy, at Buyer and Cellar.

Darren Criss at How to Succeed several months before he went into the show.

Tyra Banks at In The Heights.

Patricia Heaton and her bitchface at The Little Dog Laughed (she was there with Project Runway alum Laura Bennett and their respective husbands).

Mario Cantone at The Women.

Probably many more I can't remember...

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#108Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 6/21/15 at 11:38am

Many years ago, sat next to Martina Navratilova at "Phantom Of The Opera".  

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#109Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 1:37pm

I thought this would be a fun one to bring back! Here's my short list (that I can remember!) Amy Schumer at Hamilton and Meryl Streep and Michael Urie at Follies in London... also, sat near (but not close enough) to Sondheim when he attended Company post-pandemic. 

hearthemsing22
#110Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 2:25pm

Several years ago, Anna Wintour spotting at a performance of Dry Powder at The Public Theater. 

Chelsea Clinton at a performance of Tiny Beautiful Things (also The Public) 

I am sure there are more but my brain isn't working right now to let me remember 

FranklinDickson2018
#111Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 5:27pm

Happy Memory - Comden and Green at "Bells are Ringing" and he kept up a running commentary on the original producton versus the revival.  (What worked then, what worked now, etc.   I was hanging on every word.)

Not Happy Memory - Trump and Wife and "Crazy for You"  At intermission he went and bought a huge stack of giant candy bars.  He threw them at folks who said "Hey Donald"  Foreshadowing the paper towels in Puerto Rico, I guess.   Once I saw who it was (I came in after the lights had gone down)  I wasn't terribly happy for the rest of the show. Even then. 

Memories.  

nativenewyorker2
#112Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 5:34pm

Gatan from stranger things at Kimberly Akimbo

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#113Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 6:24pm

There are many but the few that stick with me are:

- Hillary Clinton at POTUS: Between the wink, nods, rapturous applause, and the meaningful chat I had with her at intermission, it was a night to remember.

- Jayne Houdyshell at SLAVE PLAY (the original run at the Golden). I think she had just been announced for THE MUSIC MAN and I praised her performance in King Lear. She was and always is quite kind,

- Sat next to Harvey Fierstein at the revival of Torch Song when it was at 2nd Stage and I was just gagged the whole time, especially hearing him laugh and cry along.

- Kenny Leon and Suzan-Lori Parks during previews of Topdog/Underdog. Obviously they were working but they were also very nice, conversant, and loved hearing feedback.

- Uzo Aduba and Camille A. Brown at FOR COLORED GIRLS (My friend was a close friend/collaborator of the two)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

cmorrow
#114Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 7:30pm

Back in the '80s I used to go to shows with my friend Jim. One summer, we encountered Kitty Carlisle three times -- twice at B'way shows, once at a movie at Film Forum. It became our running gag: "We're being stalked by Kitty Carlisle!"

gibsons2
#115Thank you everyone for your fun answers
Posted: 11/1/22 at 9:28pm

I saw Julia Roberts at one of the Pretty Woman Broadway performances that was dedicated to Gary Marshall.  I sat in the aisle seat and she walked by me twice! I have pictures somewhere on my social media, but not sure how to attach them here.

Updated On: 11/1/22 at 09:28 PM