pixeltracker

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?- Page 6

Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#125Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 5:30pm

ChiTheaterFan said: "Terrance Mann is in Tuck Everlasting beginning in March so there's no way his contract can be more than a few months. It's entirely possible he Grammar could come back at that time. It's also possible he won't, but Mann definitely isnt someone that will be in the role long term. Either way I'm really hoping to be able to see this with him. 

I would guess that Mann would leave at the same time as Carolee Carmello, who is also in Tuck Everlasting. She stated she'd be departing in February. 

FBay
#126Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 5:52pm

Kelsey does indeed have a tony nom , as does Mathew Morrison

ChiTheaterFan
#127Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 6:01pm

adamgreer said: "ChiTheaterFan said: "Terrance Mann is in Tuck Everlasting beginning in March so there's no way his contract can be more than a few months. It's entirely possible he Grammar could come back at that time. It's also possible he won't, but Mann definitely isnt someone that will be in the role long term. Either way I'm really hoping to be able to see this with him. 

I would guess that Mann would leave at the same time as Carolee Carmello, who is also in Tuck Everlasting. She stated she'd be departing in February. 

"

This is helpful; thanks. The chances of me seeing him are significantly better if he goes into the new year. I have only one trip between now and the end of the year and my dance card is full, so to speak. I'm sure I'll be in NY in January or February.  

FBay
#128Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 9:15pm

Why would anyone go into a show as a replacement when the show is not well received is beyond me ?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#129Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 9:19pm

Why, that's brilliant! You should be an agent.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

trpguyy
#130Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 10:08pm

FBay said: "Why would anyone go into a show as a replacement when the show is not well received is beyond me ?"

"Work" [that pays extremely well] can be a tough concept for some people to grasp, but yet, it's kind of a necessary thing. 

KathyNYC2
#131Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/18/15 at 10:12pm

FBay said: "Why would anyone go into a show as a replacement when the show is not well received is beyond me ?

It has a lot of popular appeal - critics aren't everything.

But this seems pretty perfect timing wise - because yes people (especially those with families) do not live on reviews and glory... but on paychecks and real money.

Tuck will start rehearsing in the late winter and in the meantime, he gets a paycheck working in a show... with Diane Paulus, who he worked with in Pippin.

Updated On: 9/18/15 at 10:12 PM

EchoParker Profile Photo
EchoParker
#132Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/19/15 at 1:55am

bfreak said: "Wait a minute. The New York Times JUST said that the production said he is still "expected to return at a later date" but no further information has been revealed. My new plan is I will see the show now inexpensively (rush maybe) and then if he comes back I will see it again. Could someone post a link? I am having trouble."

Bfreak - (or is it just "freak"? Is the B silent? Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?) Here's the link to the NY Times post that mentions Grammer possibly returning. Thank you for mentioning it; I hadn't heard that wrinkle in this story. (The other posts definitely seemed to suggest he wouldn't return.) 

And I personally don't think you should feel the need to defend your desire to see a particular actor in a role. Grammer is excellent in this role, and, after all, the writing was tailored to him leading to the Broadway opening. I've heard excellent things about Warlow, as well (of whom I'm a fan), and Terrence Mann is a real asset for any show, but there's nothing wrong with a desire to see the actor who originated the role.

https://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/09/18/with-kelsey-grammer-still-away-neverland-finds-a-new-hook/

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#133Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/19/15 at 3:00am

GreasedLightning said: "maybe this will bring some audiences in who have been steering clear of the show until now. Just a hunch, though. "

*Raises hand* This is me to a T. This was a show that has always kinda interested me but Grammer was never a big draw and was a full on repellent to my mother (who usually comes to the city with me to see shows) because she just can't stand Grammer's acting. And for how much a trip to the city costs us just for a day now? Between getting a bus, eating, and show tickets, it's a rare treat to get out there because we really can't afford to go for anything less then a MUST see.

Terrance Mann just made this show a MUST see for us both.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#134Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/19/15 at 9:58am

I was also part of the "steer clear" audience until they announced Anthony Warlow. I can totally see how this will work the same way with Terrence Mann. If they keep doing this kind of casting, then great!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#135Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/19/15 at 10:18am

I went back and saw this last night after seeing the first preview. I absolutely LOVED the show when I saw the first preview back in March. However, upon a second viewing I found the show to be overall quite subpar. I think the excitement and energy of the first preview helped hide the mediocre book and score (at least for me it did). Matthew Morrison and Laura Michelle Kelly were not as strong both from acting and vocal standpoints last night as they were back in March. Anthony Warlow was great, and I am glad that I got to see him. I doubt I will be making a return visit anytime soon, though, even to see Mann in the show.

It really pains me to say these things, but last night definitely changed my opinion of the overall show. I still enjoyed the show, but I now clearly see it's flaws.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

windbelle Profile Photo
windbelle
#136Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/19/15 at 1:37pm

Well, same here. I didn't plan to see Finding Neverland untill Anthony Warlow stepped in. I thought the show was quite enjoyable, although I could understand why critics might hate it. I'm also interested in Terrence Mann in the role, but since I've already seen it more than once I don't think there's much chance I'll go back to see it just for him.

KathyNYC2
#137Anthony Warlow to Step in for Kelsey Grammer in Finding Neverland?
Posted: 9/19/15 at 5:23pm

Yes very enjoyable for a return visit, some lovely moments, not a great musical overall - but I loved seeing Anthony this time out. Kelsey played the role well in his familiar "persona" - where as AW to me played the role more as an actor - he got a lot of applause the night I went.

The people around me seemed to love every minute of the show...including the one man who was commenting before the show that there must be a flaw in the playbill because Peter Pan was not listed as a main character..LOL