pixeltracker

THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today- Page 3

THE VISIT cast recording out digitally today

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#50THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 3:18pm

Thank you for the advice, Brian, I certainly appreciate it.  I have been to a few CD signings at this B&N before, and they have certainly accommodated a "stand-by" line, so to speak, for the actual signing portion of the events in the past.  When I spoke to the employee on the phone, however, they seemed to indicate that only those with wristbands would be guaranteed to see the performance and get the CD signed, and the two-plus hour trip to 86th & Lexington is too much to undertake if I'm not sure I will have a chance/

I hope you enjoy the event, though, and please let us know all the details!

Brian07663NJ
#51THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:46pm

4:45pm I think there are less than a dozen people on the line ahead of me and no one behind me for the past 15 minutes. 

4:49pm line coordinator said "we sold 60 CDs"

Updated On: 7/9/15 at 04:46 PM

brdway411
#52THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 4:58pm

anyone wearing their yellow shoes?

Brian07663NJ
#53THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:05pm

Overheard:

event worker to security: "the room holds 102 people."

patron to event staff: "I don't want to buy the cd. I just want to go in the room to hear the performance. I'm just going to wait on line to go in."

Event staff to security: "no wrist band, no admission to room."

Event staff coordinator to other staff: "three songs, click/click/click pictures then signing"

6:00pm Chita is rehearsing in the room. We can see her through the glass doors. John Riddle just arrived (wow he is tall! And handsome!!)

People are still arriving, asking about the event, being directed to purchase the cd and get on line  

Probably 50 people on line at this point.

Announcement on store loud speaker inviting everyone in the store to come to the event.

Updated On: 7/10/15 at 06:05 PM

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#54THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:09pm

Oops, sounds like I made a mistake in sitting this one out, as I could have been there by 4:30 and towards the front of the line... Oh well.  Enjoy, Brian!  Thanks for the updates so far! 

Brian07663NJ
#55THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:12pm

6:08pm John Kander and Mary Beth Peil arrive. We started a round of applause.

overheard: "oh he's the lead in the show" response "no he is the creator" argument over who John Kander really is. 

Brian07663NJ
#56THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:54pm

The signing table in order:

Michelle Veintimilla

John Riddle

Matt Dengler

Emily Mechler

Mary Beth Peil

Aaron Ramey

Chris Newcomer

Matthew Deming

George Abud

Tom Nelis

Graciela Daniele

Chita Rivera

John Kander

Donna McKechnie

Updated On: 7/9/15 at 06:54 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#57THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:57pm

I am wondering why The Visit is not on Spotify?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Brian07663NJ
#58THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 6:58pm

George Abud is wearing his yellow shoes

ardiem
#59THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:44pm

I just got back home!

THE VISIT cast performance & signing

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#60THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:51pm

Thanks for the play by play Brian!

Sounds like it ended up being more intimate than expected.

....but the world goes 'round

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#61THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:52pm

Robbie2, The Visit isn't on Spotify because it was released by Yellow Sound Label, and they don't put anything of theirs on Spotify

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#62THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 7:53pm

"I am wondering why The Visit is not on Spotify?"

It may go up on the tenth.  I just checked and Something Rotten hasn't been put on yet either.

Brian07663NJ
#63THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 8:11pm

The three songs performed (in this order) were:

You, You, You
- Tom Nelis
- Chita Rivera
- John Riddle
- Michelle Veintimilla

I Must Have Been Something
- Tom Nelis
- John Riddle

Love and Love Alone
- Chita Rivera

Was fun to see Donna McKechnie show up! She was Chita's understudy and was in attendance - she participated in the group photo before the signing. I spoke to her as she passed and asked "Did you ever get to perform the role (Claire)?"  She responded "no but one time was suited up just in case because Chita's throat was bothering her one night but never happened."

Donna sat at the very end of the signing table next to John Kander. She was thrilled that people were asking her to sign. She flipped the book over and signed the back. 

Donna mentioned that she has a new CD coming out next month and will be doing a signing at Barnes and Noble.

Updated On: 7/9/15 at 08:11 PM

Brian07663NJ
#64THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 8:51pm

Tazber... The room was full to capacity (so 102) and about a dozen were eager hopeful that they might be allowed in once those inside were finished. I didn't wait to see what happened. I was lucky to think to ask how they would conduct the signing and I sat in the first row of those getting the signatures (right behind two rows reserved for the performers/producers)

I spoke briefly to two producers after the signing. Thanked them for doing the signing and that I've been following the show for years having attended Signature/Williamstown/Broadway.  They wanted to know which version I liked better, why, etc. and that's where I'm stopping because I've previously discussed this in a previous heated thread but they sympathetically and compassionately understood why and confirmed my issues/dislikes. 

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#65THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 10:05pm

Brian, if you were seated all the way to the left of the room, then I was two seats to your right!  It was truly a fantastic event. 

Brian07663NJ
#66THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/9/15 at 10:35pm

I sat right behind Tom Nelis on the end! Was a real fun night. So glad this happened not only for us but also the cast. I imagine this is a fun recognition for them when the CD comes out and maybe a sad thought it might not happen once the show closed. Great that it happened and why I specifically thanked the producers when I passed them. 

Eurotrash Profile Photo
Eurotrash
#67THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 5:38am

It doesn't seem to be out on Spotify in the UK.

I wish they'd be clear what channels it will be on, this is the most popular subscriber service, after all.

If they're doing a Taylor Swift, fine, say so, and I'll order the CD. 

Why don't you go? Why don't you leave Manderley? He doesn't need you... he's got his memories. He doesn't love you, he wants to be alone again with her. You've nothing to stay for. You've nothing to live for really, have you?

neonlightsxo
#68THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 9:23am

"Tom Riddle"

Voldemort was there?

Brian07663NJ
#69THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 10:31am

HAHAHAHA my mistake. I did type Tom Riddle by accident. I'll go up and edit to John Riddle.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#70THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 11:21am

As of this moment Amazon says that the recording is temporarily out of stock.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#71THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 11:32am

That's because today is the physical release date but they haven't received their stock yet.

I have found that Yellowsound titles usually ship from amazon 3-5 days after the official release date.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#72THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 11:41am

My physical cd from Amazon arrived today.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#73THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 11:51am

What usually happens is that the pre-orders get shipped and then they have no stock left. It's pretty common with small order products.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#74THE VISIT cast performance & signing
Posted: 7/10/15 at 12:24pm

Interesting. I pre-ordered from amazon weeks ago and mine says:

Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.