pixeltracker

Are in-person lotteries déclassé?- Page 2

Are in-person lotteries déclassé?

VintageSnarker
#25Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/6/15 at 10:16pm

As long as the in person rushes don't disappear I won't be working myself into a panic.

brdway411
#26Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/6/15 at 11:41pm

"As long as the in person rushes don't disappear I won't be working myself into a panic."

Yes, I agree. I love camping out and chatting with my friends and young theater fans waiting for the box office to open. 

AntV
#27Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 4:30am

Since the lotto crowds for Kinky have been smaller it was probably either no more lotto or this.

Updated On: 7/7/15 at 04:30 AM

God I Hate Todaytix
#28Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 5:04am

Shows just need to stop putting their digital lotteries on Todaytix. The shows that have done it on their own website (Something Rotten, Gigi) have actually been not that difficult to win after a few tries. They actually require some effort to find out about the lottery/site and enter some info so there are less entries.

But Todaytix is what every casual theatergoer checks daily and in a few taps they can enter 5 or so lotteries with little intention of actually going. You think the majority of Todaytix users knew what Fun Home was before it won the Tony? I doubt it, but they entered anyway because it was right there in the app and simple. The large amount of users who enter anything and everything makes the lotteries on Todaytix extremely difficult to win.

Plus it requires zero research to learn about the lottery. Imagine if on Telecharge and Ticketmaster it told every interested buyer, "instead of paying $135, why not try this lottery daily to save $100?" It's not a good place to run the lottery.

Then there's the issue of users accepting tickets but not actually going to get them. All digital lotteries should make you purchase the tickets upon accepting them or release them to others.

Just please stop using that glorified ticket broker to run your lotteries. It makes the producers look extremely amateurish.

BTW: I'm still annoyed that Todaytix bought out a ton of seats for Little Shop which they then sold for their $10 premium a week before the show after sending an email saying "See Jake Gyllenhaal!" to ensure they sold out in seconds. They used to just buy tickets when people requested them, but now they're purchasing sought after tickets to resell at a markup? That's called scalping. And the Tony winning best musical does their lotto through a scalper? What a shame.

neonlightsxo
#29Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 9:03am

"except i usually just go to mcdonalds and loiter for 2 hours "

You're still trying to make us think you're an insider?

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#30Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 10:44am

I won the fun home lotto after someone else decided to not accept the tickets. They called me a little after 6pm for an 8pm show. 

I do agree that they should charge you right away if you win so people just don't win and then not show up to claim the tickets. 

I do prefer the digital lottos though because I'm in the outer broughs of NYC and it takes me some time to get into the city. I would never go in just to try to win an in person lotto. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#31Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:37pm

they called you?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Becky
#32Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:47pm

I like the suggestion of charging immediately. That would cut down on frivolous (let's just see if I would win) entries clogging up the system. 

Phillypinto
#33Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:53pm

yeah except what of you win 2 lotteries

Becky
#34Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 2:58pm

True, but that's one of the reasons there are an insane number of people entered in all the lotteries. Maybe be more selective about entering and better the chances all around? 

We can't enter multiple lottos in person (unless friends split up and get creative Are in-person lotteries déclassé? so the same idea online. There are pros/cons to both...

Phillypinto
#35Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/7/15 at 3:05pm

lol I usually never win anyway haha

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#36Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/8/15 at 2:39pm

Hang on to your lottery slips, people! Looks like Broadway's "biggest new hit" is keeping the in-person lotteries 'inclassé' 

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#37Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/8/15 at 6:56pm

"Since the lotto crowds for Kinky have been smaller it was probably either no more lotto or this."

The lotto crowd for Kinky Booys a few days ago was much, much larger than it was in April.

UnwoundFantasies
#38Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/8/15 at 11:09pm

I went to the Kinky Boots lottery the first tuesday of June, and there were maybe 40 people there for a seemingly never ending amount of tickets. I think everyone there ended up seeing the show, by the time I won and paid for my ticket they were still calling names.

I much prefer the in person lotteries. I like being able to see the crowd I'm up against, and like someone else said the joy of winning and pushing through the crowd. Digital lotteries are seemingly impossible. But I'm definitely guilty of joining everyone every morning, but if I won I'd actually attend! 

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#39Are in-person lotteries déclassé?
Posted: 7/8/15 at 11:27pm

"I like the suggestion of charging immediately. That would cut down on frivolous (let's just see if I would win) entries clogging up the system."

When I won the ON THE TOWN lottery through TodayTix in January, I had to pay for the ticket right when I "accepted" it.  It was part of the acceptance process and it had to be done within the 60 minute window they give you if you win. Do they no longer do that?

SOMETHING ROTTEN! on the other hand which administers its own lottery gives you up to 30 minutes before show time to stop by the box office and pay for your ticket.  There's no on-line acceptance process. If you get the e-mail that you won, you don't respond back, you just have to get to the BO 30 minutes before curtain to buy it.