Hamilton Previews

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#175Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:03pm

y'all are gonna have a funner time at School of Rock though 

and cry more at American Psycho

screw Hammyton #teamschoolofrock #rootingforamericanpsycho #andrewandduncanoverlin

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#176Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:08pm

"y'all are gonna have a funner time at School of Rock though 
screw Hammyton #teamschoolofrock #rootingforamericanpsycho #andrewandduncanoverlin

"

Somewhere...someone cares. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#177Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:10pm

So... WHY do you irrationally dislike Hamilton before you've seen it? Is it like how you irrationally disliked American in Paris before you've seen it?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Phillypinto
#178Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:16pm

lol I didnt dislike Paris before i saw it. Its a good show, I just didn't think it was worthy of getting so many awards and nominations last season considering theres nothing new about the show. I don't think shows that interpolate songs deserve that much recognition because theres like nothing creative about that. Not even an original story. 

and I don't like all this attention Hammyton is getting. O pleaseeeeee

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#179Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:17pm

Philly doesn't like when something gets more attention than him.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#180Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:18pm

Yup. I would wonder if he has some kind of developmental disorder. But he's really just an immature ass seeking attention at all times.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#181Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:19pm

"lol I didnt dislike Paris before i saw it. Its a good show, I just didn't think it was worthy of getting so many awards and nominations last season considering theres nothing new about the show. I don't think shows that interpolate songs deserve that much recognition because theres like nothing creative about that. Not even an original story. 
and I don't like all this attention Hammyton is getting. O pleaseeeeee"

Do us all a favor and stop replying, then. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Showface
#182Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:22pm

"y'all are gonna have a funner time at School of Rock though 

"

And it's called HAMILTON--it has nothing to do with meat and/or overacting

Is the attention (and future Tony) Hamilton is getting, hurting you in any way?

Updated On: 7/14/15 at 03:22 PM

Phillypinto
#183Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:27pm

lol you don't know if it is going to win the Tony. Plus, the last 4 years they have been giving the award to shows that needed help at the box office, so maybe American Psycho will take home the big prize. ya never know

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#184Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:29pm

and I don't like all this attention Hammyton is getting.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Showface
#185Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:29pm

Kinky Boots needed help???

Phillypinto
#186Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:31pm

well idk if it needed help, but it wasn't doing as well as Matilda

neonlightsxo
#187Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:32pm

Philly, you're just mad because you haven't seen Hamilton. Get one of your Tony voter friends to take you.

Showface
#188Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:33pm

....But it still was doing just fine, IIRC

You're logic is confusing.

playbill-love
#189Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:50pm

If you haven't seen School of Rock, American Psycho, or Hamilton and two of them aren't open yet, how do you already know which one you'll like best?

CoreyRyan3
#190Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:52pm

"lol you don't know if it is going to win the Tony. Plus, the last 4 years they have been giving the award to shows that needed help at the box office, so maybe American Psycho will take home the big prize. ya never know"

Or maybe they just gave them to the shows they thought were most worthy? The best selling show that season isn't necessarily the BEST show that season. Once, Kinky Boots, GGLAM, and Fun Home. I would think that all of these shows (maybe with the exception of Kinky/Matilda) are considered better than the shows that were their biggest competitors in their respective seasons. 

I think this is proven by the fact that they all won big awards such as Book, Director, Score, aand several tech categories. Fun Home pretty much swept the major awards. Kinky won several major ones. Once pretty much won every award possible for it that year.

So instead of claiming that the voters voted for these shows because they needed a box office boost, maybe look at the larger picture and consider that they maybe got votes because the voters believed they were BETTER.

Updated On: 7/14/15 at 03:52 PM

Phillypinto
#191Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 3:59pm

"Philly, you're just mad because you haven't seen Hamilton. Get one of your Tony voter friends to take you. "

Im gonna try!

"maybe got votes because the voters believed they were BETTER."

BULL! The Tonys are bull. I don't understand why people involved with the shows are allowed to vote. They are obviously gonna be biased and vote for their show which makes it unfair in my opinion. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#192Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:02pm

We need to start a new thread for Hamilton Previews. This one has gone off the rails. Maybe name it Hamilton Broadway Previews.

Updated On: 7/14/15 at 04:02 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#193Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:05pm

Just when it looked like Pinto was getting his **** together on here, he falls back on his old schtick.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

neonlightsxo
#194Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:06pm

Did anybody really think he was getting his **** together? Honestly.

Phillypinto
#195Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:08pm

what are you talking about?? I am just talking about my opinions Jesus !

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#196Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:09pm

But they aren’t opinions when you haven’t seen any of the 3 shows you are discussing. They are assumptions.

Phillypinto
#197Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:12pm

I just talked about an observation I had. There is a common theme between the shows that have won best musical for the last 4 years. You are haters

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#198Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:13pm

Just when it looked like Pinto was getting his **** together on here,

Wait...when did that happen?!?!  It must have been at the moment I sneezed.  Did anyone get a screencap?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

magwln
#199Hamilton Previews
Posted: 7/14/15 at 4:14pm

Any info about how the additional ensemble members are being used? From Playbill Vault it looks like 2 onstage ensemble and 2 new swings. Is that true?

Videos