pixeltracker

Hamilton Stage Door Broadway- Page 2

Hamilton Stage Door Broadway

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#25Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 11/12/15 at 11:59pm

When I saw the show both times Anthony Ramos came out and signed and took pic w fans. He enjoyed mingling w the fans unless he is sick. He made funny face in a pic I took too.

aaaaaa15
#26Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 11/13/15 at 12:05am

Anthony was there when I went too, he was very friendly and enthusiastic.

I think it's just luck who comes. For me it was everyone but Renee and Jonathan. 

TerrenceIsTheMann
#27Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 11/13/15 at 10:08am

I also have seen Anthony Ramos 2x at the stage door. I agree with the fact that you're always bound to not meet one or two people. It's a tiring show and they are all REALLY busy right now as they have the biggest arts project on earth to deal with. They are often doing multiple things. Ham4Ham shows, Interviews, 54 below shows, and Lin is even writing a Disney film score through all of it! So be aware that this is the hardest working cast and it might take a few trips if you are trying to meet the full cast.

#28Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 12:15pm

Ok so I went to the stage door a few weeks ago and it was a fat. My advice to anyone reading this is to NOT go to the stage door on a matinee when there is also a night show. Nobody really comes out. My friends went on night shows and met Anthony Renee Daveed and Carleigh. Also I recommend NOT to go to the stagedoor on the nigh you are going to the show. You should get there about 20 mins before the show ends (2:25 after the show starts) so that nobody else is there. You shout line up to the left of the door (facing the theater) because that is where they start. Please please please remember to not scream , don't be pushy (unless someone is to you!),and be polite to the stage manager (he can be your best friend or worst enemy!) Good luck and have fun!!!!

laugh

TerrenceIsTheMann
#29Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 12:45pm

Please DONT stage door if you aren't seeing the show that night. This is why we can't have nice things.

aaaaaa15
#30Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 3:36pm

TerrenceIsTheMann said: "Please DONT stage door if you aren't seeing the show that night. This is why we can't have nice things."

Yes, the cast have expressed that this annoys them and is probably why they're coming out of the stage door a lot less now (it used to be almost every night last Summer/Fall.)

Completely unfair to people that have seen the show that night and may only have one night in the city.

Updated On: 5/1/16 at 03:36 PM

Corey38
#31Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 6:59pm

Please DONT stage door if you aren't seeing the show that night. This is why we can't have nice things.

Really? I was hoping to stage door it this summer. I'm not from NYC and may not come back for several years, so I think that I have the right to meet the people I adore just as much as someone who was lucky/rick enough to score tix. I don't want to seem rude, but I've been thinking about doing it for a while and many people said that it's fine to do, and others say it's completely rude. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Broadway Forever2
#32Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:07pm

yeah I know Lin used to stage door every night but partly due to the weather and the increase in the number of people so it takes way too long he doesn't do it as often. I don't think he really cares if you haven't seen the show though. There's a video of him on youtube meeting these 2 girls at stage door who obviously didn't see the show and he was really nice to them and didn't seem to care.

Updated On: 5/1/16 at 07:07 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#33Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:08pm

Yes, it's kind of rude.  Maybe tacky is a better word.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Corey38
#34Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:17pm

Yes, I can understand why it can be tacky, but what's truely rude is people who stagedoor who don't care about the show at all. My friend was lucky enough to see the show this past winter, and she stagedoored. She didn't get a picture or conversation with any of the actors she was hoping to meet because a bunch of teenage boys had merch the they wanted signed, just so they could sell it online. They didn't know a single actors name or who they played, and they wouldn't move over to let my young friend say hello. I think that's much worse than not seeing the show and stagedooring.

aaaaaa15
#35Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:17pm

Corey38 said: "Really? I was hoping to stage door it this summer. I'm not from NYC and may not come back for several years, so I think that I have the right to meet the people I adore just as much as someone who was lucky/rick enough to score tix. I don't want to seem rude, but I've been thinking about doing it for a while and many people said that it's fine to do, and others say it's completely rude. I'm just trying to figure it out."

If this was a show where not many people went to the stage door anyway then it would be fine. But it's unfair for people that have paid a lot of money to see the show to come out of the theatre and find there's already 50 people waiting and they wont get a look in.

Actors from other shows have only signed/taken photos with people who have playbills or ticket stubs so it clearly is something that bothers actors.

I know Andrew Chappelle (understudy in Hamilton) expressed his annoyance with it on Snapchat a couple of weeks ago.

Put it this way, when I went in August, the entire cast came out, except Renee and Groff and it was very calm and relaxed. Everyone got their stuff signed and photos. There only seemed to be people there who had seen the show. Now you're lucky if more than 2 cast members come out to sign because there's such a massive amount of people waiting.

Sunshine31
#36Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:36pm

Luckily while I was waiting in the cancellation line, I was able to see the cast throughout the day (entering through stage-door). I took a photo with Lin & got an autograph. 

aaaaaa15
#37Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:38pm

Sunshine31 said: "Luckily while I was waiting in the cancellation line, I was able to see the cast throughout the day (entering through stage-door). I took a photo with Lin & got an autograph."

I think that's the best way to do it if you're not seeing the show, as long as the actors are okay with it.

Then you're not making it difficult for people that have actually seen it.

bfreak
#38Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:41pm

Question if this would be tacky:

I saw the show about two weeks ago (the night it won the Pulitzer). I couldn't wait longer than 30 minutes and it didn't look like anyone was coming out anytime soon since the people going backstage weren't even in yet after a half hour. I really wanted to go back one night and meet whoever comes out and get my playbil signed. Would it still be rude of me to go another night even though I spent the money on the ticket and actually DID see the show even though it's not on the same night? Thoughts?

Margo319
#39Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:42pm

Yeah, I would think the last thing they want to do after doing a show is spend an hour signing people's stuff.  They are already exhausted enough.  I immediately left the show (I never stage door), and went to Shake Shack, where Daveed Diggs was already waiting for his burger.  Clearly, he booked it the hell out of there.  I had a lovely chat with him, that beautiful man.  I apologize, I'm off topic.  

As for stage dooring that night without having a ticket?  Tacky and selfish IMO.

Updated On: 5/1/16 at 07:42 PM

BwayinVan
#40Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:43pm

I was there Friday night and this was totally the case. A bunch of teenagers who were very vocal about not having seen the show were already lined up when most of us left the theatre. Only Leslie, Daveed, Rory and Renee came out. I was at least able to thank them all for their performance but it's getting pretty crazy 

aaaaaa15
#41Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 7:43pm

bfreak said: "I saw the show about two weeks ago (the night it won the Pulitzer). I couldn't wait longer than 30 minutes and it didn't look like anyone was coming out anytime soon since the people going backstage weren't even in yet after a half hour. I really wanted to go back one night and meet whoever comes out and get my playbil signed. Would it still be rude of me to go another night even though I spent the money on the ticket and actually DID see the show even though it's not on the same night? Thoughts?"

No, I think this is okay. Just be mindful of letting people who have seen the show come to the front too.

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#42Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 10:11pm

After seeing the stage door at Hamilton, I really wish they had a different setup with two separate sections.  One for people who have seen the show that night and one for people who have already seen the show. I have seen this two times, both for shows with Daniel Radcliffe and it worked well. Granted the pens would be much smaller than compared to what Hamilton has now.

And I always stage door days or weeks after I have seen show. I refuse to leave a show early to stage door. I find it disrespectful.  Saw this while at the stage door for How to Succeed and the guard at the stage door gave everyone who came out early a hard time about leaving early.  But I did get what I wanted - a picture and autograph with Daniel Radcliffe.

I guess the theatre determines how the stage door barricades will be setup?

10086sunset
#43Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/1/16 at 10:22pm

swanjewel said: "After seeing the stage door at Hamilton, I really wish they had a different setup with two separate sections.  One for people who have seen the show that night and one for people who have already seen the show. I have seen this two times, both for shows with Daniel Radcliffe and it worked well. Granted the pens would be much smaller than compared to what Hamilton has now.

And I always stage door days or weeks after I have seen show. I refuse to leave a show early to stage door. I find it disrespectful.  Saw this while at the stage door for How to Succeed and the guard at the stage door gave everyone who came out early a hard time about leaving early.  But I did get what I wanted - a picture and autograph with Daniel Radcliffe.

I guess the theatre determines how the stage door barricades will be setup?

"

^ Here lies the answer.  Two separate sections.

At recent shows with big celebrities, Pacino and Willis, one side of the stage door is reserved for theater patrons and the other side is general, filled with autograph hunters and the like. Pacino and Willis both spent more time on the side with the actual fans who attended the show. 

BuyCurious
#44Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/7/16 at 1:57pm

I need an opinion on my crazy idea as well:

I had gotten it in my head to rap to LMM if I ever catch him while stage dooring Hamilton (because, you know, writing rap is fun and LMM is into that).  I was in the middle of writing it when I realized that this could actually turn out to be more obnoxious than endearing (especially if there are other people waiting in line)

What do you guys think?  Where is this on the scale of "go for it" to "don't even think about it"

pupscotch
#45Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/7/16 at 2:32pm

I think you should judge it based on crowds. Maybe go to the end of the line? If there are a ton of people, which there usually are, I think it's best to skip it. Do you have twitter? You can take a video of it, and then tweet it to him.

But as to stagedooring when you haven't seen the show, is it tacky if you went, have a playbill, and then come back to get it signed?

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#46Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 5/7/16 at 7:26pm

pupscotch said: "But as to stagedooring when you haven't seen the show, is it tacky if you went, have a playbill, and then come back to get it signed?"

I don't think it's tacky to have seen a show and go back later to the stage door in my opinion.  Both times I have waited at the stage door, I went months after initially seeing the show. And this is what many of my friends have done as well. I do think it's tacky to leave a show early to wait at the stage door. 

#47Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:23pm

I stage doored a while ago on a Monday and saw Renee, Phillipa, Rory and Daveed. Everyone was so nice and friendly. I got a picture with everyone except Phillipa who didn't take one with anyone. Daveed was so cool and Rory was talking to the girls next to us. It was awesome. I want to stage door at a Wednesday matinee, do people generally come out?

bfreak
#48Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 6/14/16 at 9:34pm

You probably won't have much luck on a Wednesday matinee, no. I went a few weeks ago (6/4) on a Saturday night and only Rory and Christopher came out. They were both very nice and generous with their time. It would make sense though if they had a way of knowing which actors would be coming out right off the bat, because it became a guessing game and ultimately at 12:15 the doorman said no one else would be coming out. I really appreciated the two coming out, but I don't know if I would have waited an hour and a half if I only knew two people were coming out. And also, some people who returned from the matinee said that only one ensemble member came out after the matinee that day, so yeah. The most hit or miss stage door on Broadway, to be honest, as some nights I hear a lot will come out, and then others will be like the night that I went.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#49Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
Posted: 6/14/16 at 11:34pm

I saw the show back in December, and I'm coming back to NY in 2 weeks. Do you think it would be rude to stagedoor again? I couldn't get photos with anyone when I saw it because by the time I got out there were so many people at the barricades there was no way to fight to the front. 

Videos