pixeltracker

The Visit Has A Life After Broadway- Page 2

The Visit Has A Life After Broadway

VintageSnarker
#25The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:17am

"Well, let's all pray that Phillypinto is never given the opportunity to direct the worst production the world will ever see of The Visit."

Well when you put it like that... #IfItOnlyEvenRunsAMinute

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#26The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:20am

How did that Ann Reinking-choreographed DC production with Chita look in comparison?

VintageSnarker
#27The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:33am

I don't know if this is the right production but if it is, this is the only clip I could find with extended dancing.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#28The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:44am

The DC  production looked sexier, and there was more dance. The Broadway production was a John Doyle production so what else do you expect? If it was Susan Stroman or Rob Marshall directing and choreographing, you know it would have been a bigger production with dance. Why am i being chastised for saying that I would like to see this revived on a larger scaleThe Visit Has A Life After Broadway

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY
Updated On: 8/4/15 at 01:44 AM

Phillypinto
#29The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:46am

everyone obviously just loves to hate on me no matter what

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#30The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 1:49am

Did I miss something? Who has been lip synching? 

Updated On: 8/4/15 at 01:49 AM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#31The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:07am

I love that photo of Chita with her long red wig!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#32The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:09am

Because you suggested dances like the ones in A Chorus Line or Cabaret. That isn't really dance, it's stylized movement. 

Mekroth
#33The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:13am

I do love her with red hair. That's such a central part of the play's imagery and, as beautiful as Doyle's production was, I really missed having it. Especially since Chita really rocks that hue. If you want to look at bigger, more flamboyant Claire's, look up the play on youtube. It is often a showcase for some of the best Grande Dames working in the theatre.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#34The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:14am

"Because you suggested dances like the ones in A Chorus Line or Cabaret. That isn't really dance, it's stylized movement. "

I thought there was dancing in A Chorus Line?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Phillypinto
#35The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:39am

my fabulous revival of The Visit would have her in red sexy long hair. 

Fantod is talking about the clip of The Visit that someone posted being stylized movement. I would still find ways to incorporate dance in my production. When she describes the past, i would have that played out on stage in flashback sequences. I would also get dance music in. My revival will be wonderful :)

Phillypinto
#36The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 2:52am

""i hope in 20 years we get a big production of this show with Patti Lupone. I think we can make the numbers really big with dancers in the chorus a la chicago and cabaret"

If you want that, check out the German-language musical "Der Besuch der alten Dame." It's the same story (both shows having been based off the same play). I haven't watched a whole lot of it, but from the commercials and clips I've seen on Youtube it looks like it's the big, splashy musical that you're hoping for from this story. (If "The Visit of the Old Lady" were to come back to Broadway in musical form, I would love to see them give this one a shot.)"

WOW thank you for this!! I am loving the cast recording!! I actually hope someone translates this into english and comes to broadway lol. It would be cool to compare and contrast 2 shows based on the same thing. 

Kander and Ebb and John Doyle took the more subtle approach, and this adaptation sounds super bold, epic, dark and sexy. I wish i understood what they were talking about. THIS should be the production starring Patti Lupone. It would be like her older Evita !

The Visit Has A Life After Broadway

Updated On: 8/4/15 at 02:52 AM

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#37The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 3:04am

Except nobody will ever give you money, so you won't get a chance. Shame. Well, not really.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#38The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 11:14am

I thought the Broadway production of The Visit was glorious the way it was. I think it will become the stuff of legend. A shame it didn't last longer, but the tone of the piece and Chita's performance were perfect.

actorsnonactors Profile Photo
actorsnonactors
#39The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 5:20pm

"That wouldn't be in the spirit of the show. Chita's restrained and incredibly subtle performance was perfection. Patti in The Rink, however...

I do have a secret dream of seeing Liza do The Visit, though."

Under its new title: "Thuh Vishich!!!" (try NOT reading that like Liza.)

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#40The Visit Has A Life After Broadway
Posted: 8/4/15 at 9:17pm

Whoa Mama! I have never seen Chita with hair like that. It looks...totally gorgeous!

On an unrelated note, The Visit will be revived in about 65 years or so as a real-time, immersive experience when I return to my hometown after making my fortune...I got some unfinished business to settle. Muahahaha.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com