HAMILTON cast album

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#25HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:50pm

^ Awesome, thank you. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#26HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/13/15 at 5:58pm

wow that rap was hilarious. why did he cut it?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

asmith0307
#27HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/13/15 at 9:18pm

"wow that rap was hilarious. why did he cut it?

"

I don't know, but the last line is still in the show right at the top of the Adams Administration, and I laughed my butt off when I heard it. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#28HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:54pm

I just got confirmation that yes, this recording is the entire show.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#29HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/13/15 at 10:58pm

"I just got confirmation that yes, this recording is the entire show."

Great news! Who confirmed it to you??

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ChiTheaterFan
#30HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/14/15 at 6:27am

I wonder when Ramos will be back or if that will delay the cast recording. I hope not although obviously that hope is secondary to my hopes for his speedy recovery for his sake. When he tweeted after surgery he looked like he was doing well but that was a few days ago. I haven't read anything since.  I have no idea how long someone would be laid up after an appendectomy having never had one. (Knock on wood...)

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#31HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/14/15 at 8:50am

I don't think they're ready for vocals yet anyway. I hope Ramos feels better soon and gets back to the show. I guess Andrew Chappelle is covering for him until Aug. 16, according to Twitter. 

Updated On: 8/14/15 at 08:50 AM

dev101
#32HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:05am

Chi, usually after an appendectomy, if it didn't burst and there are no complications, most people are home the following day, but are told not to lift anything, make jerky movements etc (basically avoid clenching the abdominals) for a few weeks to avoid a hernia. Depending on his singing style, he may find it too painful to sing/rap, or he may be ready to sing, but not dance for a few weeks.

Also wishing him a speedy recovery and a cast recording right on schedule!

neonlightsxo
#33HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/14/15 at 9:23am

Dev, didn't release you were capable of posting anything besides your todaytix code.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#34HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/14/15 at 12:56pm

I've been going to the theatre and buying cast recordings for 40 years and I've never been more excited about any Broadway recording as I am for this one.

ChiTheaterFan
#35HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/15/15 at 2:52pm

Looks like they're on track to record vocals tomorrow!!!!

https://twitter.com/lacketylac/status/632622805432074240

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#36HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/15/15 at 3:23pm

I am super excited for this too! I wonder if Javier will get to record anything. Even if it's an alternate take or track. I would love to hear his interpretation of a couple of the songs. 

dev101
#37HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/15/15 at 5:08pm

eep so excited! glad they are on schedule!

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#38HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/16/15 at 1:28am

"I am super excited for this too! I wonder if Javier will get to record anything. Even if it's an alternate take or track. I would love to hear his interpretation of a couple of the songs."

That would actually be really cool, but I don't see it happening.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#39HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/16/15 at 1:33am

"I am super excited for this too! I wonder if Javier will get to record anything. Even if it's an alternate take or track. I would love to hear his interpretation of a couple of the songs. "

Doubtful.

ChiTheaterFan
#40HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/17/15 at 12:24am

https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/633056437447598080

squeeeeeee!!!

so excited to see them in the studio. From the tweets looks like they (or at least LMM) were there from early morning until like midnight. 

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#41HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/17/15 at 2:18am

^ And the Schuyler sisters are recording tomorrow!

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Lilly7
#42HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/17/15 at 9:01pm

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/633399910138793984

The album will be release on vinyl! 

My record player broke and I never got around to fixing it but I might just splurge on getting the vinyl anyways (even though I'm also getting the CD) Hopefully the album liner will have some nice artwork to go with it. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#43HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/17/15 at 10:33pm

Oooh I love new OBCs on vinyl. The last few I wasn't interested enough in to buy (BEAUTIFUL and AMERICAN IDIOT) so excited to get this!!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#44HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/18/15 at 11:36am

HAMILTON cast album

Lilly7
#45HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/18/15 at 1:05pm

macnyc, did you see this tweet?

https://twitter.com/JMunozActor/status/633490426998194177

It's cool that they invited him to be a part of the album since it's usually not the norm for alternates. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#46HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/18/15 at 3:59pm

Thanks for that, Lilly7! That's great news.

mamaleh
#47HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/19/15 at 12:50am

I'd love to see PBS or another arts-related channel do a documentary about the marathon recording sessions, such as was done for COMPANY, the '90s GUYS AND DOLLS revival and THE PRODUCERS. Any talk of that happening? 

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#48HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/19/15 at 1:10pm

Will this be a preorder via Atlantic records.  Sometimes if you order through the label you get an earlier shipment than Amazon

TY

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

neonlightsxo
#49HAMILTON cast album
Posted: 8/19/15 at 1:12pm

^ It doesn't seem to be available through the label. Just iTunes/Amazon.

Videos