Next for the Belasco

VintageSnarker
#50Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/24/15 at 4:00am

"thank you BroadwayConcierge, i completely agree. Its not my fault people are obsessed with me. :)"

That's my answer. That's why I haven't been able to bring myself to block Philly yet.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#51Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/24/15 at 6:52am

what ! you would let me fall?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#52Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/24/15 at 11:51am

Phillypinto said: "Hughie

So implicitly you no longer are clutching the American Psycho narrative...

"

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#53Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/24/15 at 12:10pm

oh i thought it was coming in the fall. never mind then :)

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Fosse76
#54Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/25/15 at 10:53pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Fosse76 said: "How would the Shuberts be losing any money?

When a theater doesn't have a show to bring in ticket sales, its owners incur losses for a number of reasons, perhaps most obviously the fact that they don't have immediate revenue for house essentials like lighting, heat, A.C., etc.

The Shuberts don't lose any money from a closed house. In fact, they'd rather have it empty than have a production in there that is flopping. Other than minimal heat in the winter, there are no expenses incurred with a dark theater. No electricity is being used, and no cleaning/upkeep occurs. And they don't pay taxes on empty theaters. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#55Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/25/15 at 11:18pm

@Fosse76 "The Shuberts don't lose any money from a closed house. In fact, they'd rather have it empty than have a production in there that is flopping. Other than minimal heat in the winter, there are no expenses incurred with a dark theater. No electricity is being used, and no cleaning/upkeep occurs. And they don't pay taxes on empty theaters. "

Not one single phrase in the above is accurate. The cost of being dark is substantial, and no landlord loses money allowing a flop to run. No exceptions to either. Best not to post about something you don understand.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#56Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/25/15 at 11:31pm

I doubt very seriously that taxes stop simply because no show is playing at the theater. Taxes continue as they own the theater . During the winter, they have to send heat in the theater. In especially cold weather,  heat  has to be sent thru the pipes to keep the theater in good working order, show or no show. The interior will suffer if it is below a certain temperature.I have seen enough damage to the plasterwork in  old theaters that had no heat sent thru them in bitterly cold winters.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 8/25/15 at 11:31 PM

nycgogetter
#57Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/25/15 at 11:39pm

What happens to the house IA crew when a house is dark???

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#58Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/29/15 at 1:12am

Bump

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#59Next for the Belasco
Posted: 8/29/15 at 3:35pm

Mr Roxy said: "During the winter, they have to send heat in the theater. In especially cold weather,  heat  has to be sent thru the pipes to keep the theater in good working order, show or no show. The interior will suffer if it is below a certain temperature.I have seen enough damage to the plasterwork in  old theaters that had no heat sent thru them in bitterly cold winters."

What are you trying to say?