Hamilton Rear Mezzanine

funhamilton_rent
#1Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/8/15 at 6:50pm

So, I was looking for tickets for Hamilton for this weekend, and I found some for $225-$250. But they're in the side rear mezzanine rows E & F. Are these okay seats! Because if I had to wait but get better seats, I would.

Also, since it's for Saturday, do you think that if I waited until tomorrow, the tickets would be cheaper?

Thanks so much!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/8/15 at 7:39pm

I sat in that area...no problems seeing or hearing.  I am, however looking forward to seeing it from the first row of the mezz in Feb.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

neonlightsxo
#3Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/8/15 at 7:41pm

No clue on the price since you're buying on the secondary market. You know that's more than twice the face value of those seats? But yes, they're fine seats. You can see everything. 

funhamilton_rent
#4Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/8/15 at 8:33pm

Thanks so much! I just ordered the tickets and I couldn't be happier!!!

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#5Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 8:53am

I sat in the first row of the mezzanine on Saturday and thought it was too high (and the leg room is abysmal!). I want to go again sometime and sit in the orchestra--or at least in the last rows of the orchestra, which are essentially what should be the front mezzanine. But you can indeed see everything really well, particularly the lighting, which really impressed me. I don't usually notice lighting. I wonder if the people in the orchestra can see it the way people upstairs can.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#6Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 10:39am

I sat in center E (for $89, I'm delighted to say; purchased June) last week and can attest: a true bargain.  I could see and hear everything beautifully, and since the Rodgers is not a barn, in terms of distance from the stage/angle, those seats are comparable to front mezz in larger houses.  People obsessed with the orchestra for this show could be missing an opportunity to actually see the full stage.  The box office advised me the day I bought mine: the rear mezz is a steal for this show.   

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

bfreak
#7Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 10:56am

I have never sat in the mezzanine for this theatre, but according to pictures I've seen on instagram and Twitter, it looks like a great view. I don't understand why some people have been saying it feels too high up.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#8Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 11:49am

I sat there for If/Then, and I did feel a bit far away. You're not able to clearly see facial expressions, for instance.  But I had a nice view of the stage. The choreography and the lighting look great from there. My daughter sat in the rear mezz for Hamilton in July, and she wants to see the show again from a closer seat. 

A bonus with the rear mezz is that the first row of it has all the leg room a person could want. You're sitting behind a short curtain and can stretch your legs out under it. I think it's the most leg room in the whole place. 

Updated On: 10/12/15 at 11:49 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#9Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 11:50am

Well, it IS high, which you notice more going in and out.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#10Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 11:57am

I saw it from the front mezzanine. I wish I had sat in the orchestra. Just saying

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#11Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 12:10pm

Is rear orchestra better than front mezz? Since most of the orchestra is, what now, $477, rear orchestra is the only alternative to front mezz at a similar price (if tickets can even be had in either location). Since the mezz overhang starts at orchestra Row L, it seems like front mezz would be closer to the stage than the last rows of the orchestra.

Updated On: 10/12/15 at 12:10 PM

bfreak
#12Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 12:29pm

Ok then guys, thanks for your help. I think I'm going to aim for orchestra sides rows q/r over front mezzanine then.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#13Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 12:37pm

This will be one of those shows with very subjective takes on seating.  I was more concerned with seeing the show sooner rather than later, and the box office made a (persuasive, accurate) case* that if I was dying to see the show in early fall, the rear mezz was a good bet, and I could sit smack in the center, a big plus.  I was not disappointed, but what intrigued me was how many people near me had paid beyond what I paid.  I had old friends in NYC last weekend who sat two rows closer, but on the side, and paid $209 per ticket.

I wasn't willing to wait months to see "Hamilton," and I wasn't willing to spend hundreds of dollars.  The combination of factors made my $89 seats for Oct. 4th ideal.  A week later, I know I made a good call.  Others will want to wait.  I also know, seeing this original company is a very special experience.  So it's a very personal decision. .

*purchased June 11th; worth noting what "sooner" for me meant: 4 months later.

Updated On: 10/12/15 at 12:37 PM

the1liamg
#14Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 12:52pm

I wanted some Rear Mezz for early March. Alas, all gone! 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#15Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 1:12pm

I ended up getting a ticket last week row E off to the side for $177 plus fees. A bit extreme considering its to the side but considering I am dying to see it and wasn't expecting to find ANY tickets, I'm more than happy. Keep checking for decent priced tickets and hopefully something will pop up for you. :)

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#16Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 3:58pm

It's baffling to me that the rear mezzanine is more or less entirely sold out through September 2016. I could kick myself for not getting tickets to this sooner. I had several chances to see it during the extension at the Public, and I considered buying tickets for the transfer when they went on sale but was foolishly hoping for a cheaper way in.

With persistency, however, I recently scored two of the $89 seats for about 5 months out. While they were a pain to track down, it was well worth it to get seats with a full-view of the stage and to keep money out of the hands of scalpers. 

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#17Hamilton Rear Mezzanine
Posted: 10/12/15 at 7:38pm

Wow, this is extraordinary.  It reminds me of "A Chorus Line" it's first 18 months to 2 years, when it was damn near impossible (and the Shubert has a balcony).  I waited 7 months for "Chorus Line."  I suppose "Book of Mormon" has come close.  "Spamalot" initially was not easy (I waited 3-4 months, and sat in the front of the balcony, and the enjoy, enjoyable as it was, didn't feel like much of an event). But only "ACL" seems truly comparable.  Others may recall other shows. 

Videos