pixeltracker

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?- Page 3

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#50CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/14/16 at 8:05pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been so friggin'busy with "life" I just found this out!!!!! Now let's get those Emmy nominations and votes going!!!  With all the "Bad News" of the day, this news made me smile!

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#51CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/14/16 at 9:50pm

Craig is right about Donna Lynne and CW just slipped in a rerun tonight that featured her prominently. She is the total Ethel to Rachel Bloom's Lucy. I love her I"M A B@TCH" song from tonight's show, (And Lose Some Weight!) Hahahaha!  I'm just very happy I heard this renewal news today. The show and the cast are really terrific. Tell your friends to watch.

They are doing "Dreamgirls"  next week with Amber Riley and Ricki Lake. 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#52CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/15/16 at 12:56am

CEG  for Series 2!! Yes!! The songs and videos are all so different and funny; and creative too. Like "Group Hang, It's A Group Hang" and Rebecca is dressed as Xena Princess Warrior! Rachel Bloom is just too much! The whole White Hot White Josh and "Old Gay " Daryl court and spark...and the dialogue about the "manhole" being the "vagina"..way too funny! Just watch. cool

Updated On: 3/15/16 at 12:56 AM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#53CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/22/16 at 1:59am

I hope I'm not "beating a dead ..." but I hope you give CEG a chance. Tonight was a very cute take off on "Dreamgirls" and "It's A Wonderful Life". Again, I hope Rachel Bloom, and some of the cast get some Emmy or SAG nominations.

Here are a couple of the musical numbers that are quite good. The "Where's The Bathroom" with Tovah Feldshuh is really funny. She was on again tonight. "I'm The Villain", and the Fred and Ginger "Settle For Me".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWe8KoWFZE&index=20&list=PL6abPzY300GUJQic25ynhTLup1YTqmvOX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOVk1ViQCw&index=14&list=PL6abPzY300GUJQic25ynhTLup1YTqmvOX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8zhfL8ZQN4&list=PL6abPzY300GUJQic25ynhTLup1YTqmvOX&index=1

BudFrump23 Profile Photo
BudFrump23
#54CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/22/16 at 10:53am

Last night's episode was my favorite of the season so far. I love how flawed and real Rebecca is, and it makes the show both entertaining and lifelike. I also am a big fan of the little blips at the end of the episodes where they reenact a joke of the night. (Vampire Weekend, Apologize to some Ho's, this week's Alien Play - with the standing O and the Dr. screaming "Werk!"CEG Confirmed for Season 2 

I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#55CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/22/16 at 2:05pm

Loved it and Yaye for the renewal but only one song?  From reports of when they filmed this episode it seems another was cut for time

Clarepa2
#56CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 3/30/16 at 1:38pm

I'm really enjoying this show, all the broadway talent on display is really excellent, but I noticed that Santino Fontana seemed less than enthusiastic about the show during the interview that was posted on Broadway.com today. Does anyone know what's up with that? He doesn't participate in the live tweeting sessions for the show, which I just assumed was due to his hectic schedule, but something about this interview made me think something else was up. After all he seemed really excited to talk about Shades of Blue, which is a far inferior show, in my opinion. It would be a shame if he's not happy with Crazy Ex-Girlfriend because he's so great in it!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#57CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 4/2/16 at 12:28pm

Did anyone see Rachel's appearance on "Colbert". She was really dynamite and then she and Colbert sang almost half of her interview, singing about the fun of musicals and her use of music on the show. She is so bubbly! 

I too, thought this week's episode was terrific. Continuing to expand all the show's characters is definitely welcome. It is pre-empted this coming week but back on April 11th, only 2 episodes left this year. 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#58CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 4/12/16 at 12:44am

I just watched the show from tonight and thought is was another great example of CEG veering off toward new plots and twists coming for Season 2. Deeper character development and the songs! How can you forget "I Gave You A UTI" and Rebecca's sex lament song? 

I don't get how some people rave and fantasize about Live! this and Live! Hairspray. Eagerly, anticipating their dream casts and fawning over bloated productions; then you have this "little show that could" with a great cast, song and dance, and original music from ballads to rap, that's a truly entertaining change on weekly television.

Next week's season finale not only has Lea Salonga but it looks like it's full of big production numbers. I'm glad it's coming back next year.  

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#59CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 4/20/16 at 4:20am

I am gonna start watching from the beginning...very promising...just watched Lea Salonga on the season finale

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#60CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 4/28/16 at 5:56pm

Steve C, not sure if you heard this interview with Rachel from Monday--it aired on CBC Radio here in Canada.  It actually covered stuff I hadn't heard in all the past samey-interviews.  I was impressed that Rachel Bloom quoted Sondheim.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/schedule-for-monday-april-25-2016-1.3551319/crazy-ex-girlfriend-star-rachel-bloom-is-allergic-to-cutesy-1.3551324

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#61CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 4/28/16 at 6:52pm

Hey Eric CEG Confirmed for Season 2 Thank you! No I haven't heard this yet but I will listen to it tonight. I listen to some Canadian radio, there's a musical theater show on Proud FM, (Retro Disco); I listen to that one sometime.

I thought the CEG finale was on point. I loved Paula's MamaRose/Gypsy number. So glad it's coming back...it's a nice little show to binge on. Watch it people!

Thx again for my news from the north! Later, S

Updated On: 4/30/16 at 06:52 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#62CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 4/30/16 at 1:04am

Eric (and everyone) 

I just listened to the CBC interview with Rachel Bloom and thanks so much! Everyone should take a minute and listen; she is so smart and really knows musical theater history. I'd love to see her live. She's been in Chicago, references Company and Sondheim, and I totally agree with her take on the "Girl Crush" cutesy stuff. (and the Disney princess song is too, too dynamite).

If I wasn't gay I'd be her future crazy ex boyfriend!

Let's hope it gets tons of Emmy nominations and awards! I think they'll be announced next month.

Thx again to my Canadian BFF; keep me posted! SC

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#63CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/15/16 at 12:14pm

I saw "Long Day's..." yesterday (more on that later) and guess what popped up in the first few pages of the May Playbill? A full page ad "For Your Emmy Consideration" for Rachel Bloom and "Crazy". The ad suggests actress, comedy series, music...more. I'm glad CBS and CW are throwing some money in for CEG promotion. The Emmy noms will be coming out soon I guess. Good Luck Rachel and Aline and all!   

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#64CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/15/16 at 3:02pm

Rachel and Aline and Adam are performing "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: A Musical Revue" at the NYC Vulture Festival this Saturday and I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED!!

http://vulturefestival.com/event-page/crazy-exgirlfriend/

Margo319
#65CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/15/16 at 4:50pm

About a week ago, iTunes had all the episodes free for Emmy consideration.  Now you can only get the first 4 episodes for free, but for those interested:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/crazy-ex-girlfriend-season/id1093947697   

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#66CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:24am

Dude, I am so bummed by the way the season ended. Really wish it had ended two episodes before, with Rachel and Greg in the bar.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

Margo319
#67CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/19/16 at 1:39pm

Me too! I think they will reconnect next season though.  This show is like nothing else on television, and I'm really glad they decided to renew it, despite its not so great ratings.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#68CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/19/16 at 10:01pm

Heads Up for Rachel and CEG fans!

1) Rachel is on Andy Cohen tonight at 11pm. 

2) She's in town for Vulture fest this weekend that I'm so bummed out b/c it's sold out. The "CEG in person" show should be a lot of fun.

3) CW announced their fall schedule and Crazy is being moved to Friday night at 9:00pm. I actually think it might find a whole new audience there. Even with less than stellar ratings, let's face it, it was up against The Voice, Big Bang, Dancing Stars, Bachelor, Gotham...and it still is coming back. Even with Supergirl taking over on Monday nights, Rachel and Aline (and Adam) are the real Super Girls.   

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#69CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/21/16 at 10:45pm

The panel tonight at Vulture Fest was awesome! Rachel, Aline, and Adam talked about the show, creation and background, shooting stories, random stories, and the making of 5 songs- Sexy Getting Ready Song, Gettin Bi, Settle for Me, Heavy Boobs, and Where's the Bathroom. Rachel also performed Sexy French Depression. Gabrielle Ruiz was in the audience.

Very cool to hear the background of so many of the songs (not just those listed, those 5 were the ones they played demos and showed videos, with Rachel giving hilarious commentary). They took a few audience questions at the end. Rachel also mingled at the bar afterwards and everyone got to chat and take pictures with her. 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#70CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 5/22/16 at 1:35am

Hey liotte, Thanks!

I was hoping you or someone would let us know how the show was! (I just forgot to ask) It sounds like you had a ball. It's great they were able to talk and perform east. 

Btw, "Where's the Bathroom?" is one of my favorites...

"When did you stop wearing makeup? Are you sure that you're not gay?"

"By the way you're looking healthy, and by healthy I mean CHUNKY!"

This show is so d@mn funny! And I love Tovah Feldshuh and I hope, hope, hope they bring her back.

Thx again for the info and review.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#71CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/4/16 at 8:41am

I just finished binge watching this last night and I love it. The songs are hilarious, and Rachel is just hilarious and I am so glad CW gave them the greenlight after being rejected by Showtime. 

Also, gotta love Santino and Donna Lynne who are just perfect. Major shout out to David Hull as White Josh, too, because he's just hilarious. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 8/4/16 at 08:41 AM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#72CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/4/16 at 5:17pm

Hiya Clumsy! Now, tell a friend about how good CEG is (and not to vote for Trump) CEG Confirmed for Season 2

People just need to see it to like it. But, you're right, I'm glad CW got it from CBS...CW is very high on it still. Let's see what happens at the Emmy Awards! I'm really hoping it gets the Emmys it was nominated for.

(I love David's White Josh too)!

Updated On: 8/4/16 at 05:17 PM

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#73CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/4/16 at 8:11pm

I binged this a month or two ago and am literally in the midst of a second binge after getting into a Santino craze last week after seeing God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater.  The show really is freaking hilarious.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#74CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/5/16 at 2:34am

Hi Taryn, Yay! Enjoy the 1st season again; I am too. Also I really wanted to see Mr. Rosewater b/c I love Howard Ashman's beautiful work; and then I saw Santino was in it and got rave reviews! (He saved "Cinderella" for me; I hated the new book).

CEG will be a hoot seeing how they will pick up the story...I can't wait until October. Btw, I looked for this thread to continue posting in it. Where did you find it?