pixeltracker

School of Rock front row lottery?- Page 2

School of Rock front row lottery?

Jish
#25School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/14/15 at 9:38pm

I have been studying this since my original post and I think for whatever reason they sold front row from the end of previews through the holidays.

I actually am suspicious it was a mistake. If you look starting in mid-January the front row is blocked again for the rest of the run. My guess is it will be front row lottery starting then.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 4:19pm

I asked the show on Facebook, they replied: "Hi J--f! The lottery is based on availability so if the show is completely sold out, a lottery will not be held. Please stay tuned for more updates!"

Islander_fan
#27School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 4:48pm

The question that I am wondering is this. I know that there have been general rushes that are subject to availability in terms of seats. What would make a lotto doing that any different? 

#28School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 4:54pm

Looks like the show will be switching to a Rush

TICKETING INFORMATION 

What is your rush policy?

School of Rock offers a limited number of $37 rush tickets to each performance. Rush tickets can be purchased in person at the Winter Garden Theatre beginning when the box office opens each day. Limit of two rush tickets per person, purchased by cash or credit.

KathyNYC2
#29School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 6:55pm

LuminousBeing said: "No disrespect intended as a fellow frequent rusher/lotto entrant, but I don't think the producers are concerned about losing the goodwill of customers who will only pay $35 for a ticket  when they retain that of buyers who will pay full-price. 

Then just don't offer it... It's not right to take it back once offered. I don't care if they don't offer it...

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#30School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 7:29pm

I do agree with you that it's very disappointing to think you have an opportunity to purchase an affordable ticket and subsequently discover that the producers have changed their minds (or you show up too late, or you lose a lotto...). I just meant that boycotting the show by not purchasing cheap tickets (especially if the producers make them unavailable anyway) will have no effect on whether the producers offer something for those of us who need them to see a show. Rather than "getting pissed and boycotting," it may be a more constructive route to raise awareness for the producers that providing a rush/lotto/SRO option would be appreciated and result in positive word-of-mouth. In general, I think when it comes to issues like these, it's better to have an attitude toward showing the producers that it's in their best interests to offer affordable options to folks who crave theater but can't sustain the addiction at full price rather than an attitude of, "if I can't get it cheaply, I just won't go," for a show like "School of Rock," which has been selling well so far.

KathyNYC2
#31School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 8:25pm

^^I am sure I never said anything about boycotting and this has nothing AT ALL to do with being disappointed for not winning.

All I said was that if you say you are going to offer something, you should offer it...period.

It may not mean anything anymore if they are changing to rush..but by the same token, if they say they are offering rush tickets, they need to offer them. But I know a "limited number" of seats doesn't guarantee any number..that may be their "out" as it's not so obvious with rush than with a lottery.

KathyNYC2
#32School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 8:25pm

^^I am sure I never said anything about boycotting and this has nothing AT ALL to do with being disappointed for not winning.

All I said was that if you say you are going to offer something, you should offer it...period.

It may not mean anything anymore if they are changing to rush..but by the same token, if they say they are offering rush tickets, they need to offer them. But I know a "limited number" of seats doesn't guarantee any number..that may be their "out" as it's not so obvious with rush than with a lottery.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#33School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 8:27pm

KathyNYC2 said: "^^I am sure I never said anything about boycotting"

LuminousBeing was talking about djoko84's post saying "At some point people are going to get really pissed and boycott the show." 

djoko84
#34School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 8:37pm

If they're not going to guarantee lottery then switching to rush is a better option. Does anyone know if they've been having the lottery the past few days?

LuminousBeing
#35School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 9:10pm

JBroadway said: "KathyNYC2 said: "^^I am sure I never said anything about boycotting"

LuminousBeing was talking about djoko84's post saying "At some point people are going to get really pissed and boycott the show." 

Exactly, thank you muchly. :)

"

Updated On: 12/15/15 at 09:10 PM

LuminousBeing
#36School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/15/15 at 9:19pm

Agreed that rush based on availability under these circumstances is much better than lotto based on availability.

On Sunday 12/13/15, they did not offer rush or lotto, but they did offer a small number of SRO tickets.

Broadway Guru
#37School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/16/15 at 9:29am

I don't know too much about lottery vs. rush tickets and what the current policy is.

I can tell you that, while the lottery was originally for front row seats, that changed during previews.

In addition there was Standing Room for last Fri, Sat. matinee, Sat. evening, and Sun. matinee. 

The show is not selling out during the week so if you are interested in rush tickets a weeknight is probably your best chance.

Hope that helps. 

mamaleh
#38School of Rock front row lottery?
Posted: 12/16/15 at 1:37pm

If anyone learns where the rush tix are located, please report.  I'm thinking of a repeat visit and would prefer something other than another far side mezz (former "lottery loser" location) spot.