pixeltracker

Grease Live! Official Thread- Page 5

Grease Live! Official Thread

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#100Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/15/16 at 9:46pm

Just from what you said I came to the conclusion that it would have been more realistic for the wiz since there wasn't that many locations used for it. And since grease is having a live audience will they be transporting all of them from one scene to the next?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#101Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/15/16 at 10:43pm

Yes. In the promo they explain they'll be doing costume changes and be transferred from set to set via golfcarts. 

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#102Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/15/16 at 10:47pm

I signed up to be in the live audience. I wonder how long commercials will be/how organized they actually are.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#103Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/16/16 at 1:45am

And since grease is having a live audience will they be transporting all of them from one scene to the next?

I've been informed that they will have different audience members throughout the telecast so only the actors will be shuttled between sound stages and locations.  It's unrealistic to be able to handle a live telecast AND deal with shuttling crowds of people AND setting them in their places AND deal with a cast as well all in a span of 2 minutes. 

teddy1996
#104Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/16/16 at 1:49am

Wendell pierce will be playing coach calhoun. Carlos confirmed it: https://www.instagram.com/p/BAla9roiPcW/

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#105Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/16/16 at 1:53am

The telecast will use a split screen, and cameras will capture behind the scenes activity that will be sprinkled into the broadcast. Bleachers for live audiences will be erected in several locations on the lot. “We’ll be able to show it in the vernacular of the way television is happening now,” Platt said.

Oh, boy.  This'll ruin the entire flow of the damn thing!  

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/grease-live-musical-julianne-hough-carly-rae-jepsen-fox-1201681339/

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#106Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/16/16 at 4:59am

the backstage bits part sounds fishy to me, but not gonna lie the new promo finally actually got me kinda pumped.

I'm very intrigued by the outdoors filming "rain or shine" aspect. Really ups the ante for the LIVE! draw.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#107Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/16/16 at 9:04am

BrodyFosse123 said: "The telecast will use a split screen, and cameras will capture behind the scenes activity that will be sprinkled into the broadcast. Bleachers for live audiences will be erected in several locations on the lot. “We’ll be able to show it in the vernacular of the way television is happening now,” Platt said.

Oh, boy.  This'll ruin the entire flow of the damn thing!  

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/grease-live-musical-julianne-hough-carly-rae-jepsen-fox-1201681339/

I think that's a misinterpretation.  At TCA they said they would use a second screen feature like the way the Tony telecast does on the iPad/website with stuff like behind-the-scenes clips, etc. But I could see them running 5 second commercial clips of actors on the way to the set in between a couple of commercials.

"

CindersGolightly
#108Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/18/16 at 12:21pm

Carly Rae did a charming little interview talking about her new song, her intention with Frenchy, and the cast bonding! I'm really excited to see her Frenchy. She seems to have given her a lot more than most people usually think about. Also, looks like the new song is called "Angel", although Variety claimed it was called "All I Need Is an Angel".

BroadwayGirlie2 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirlie2
#109Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/18/16 at 4:05pm

I think that I am mainly looking forward to Julianne Hugh's character as Sandy and also the one starring as Rizzo. So glad that they are bringing more live shows to TV now a days...   I think this would be a real hit for everyone to watch.

Looking forward to this so much.. 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#110Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/18/16 at 4:07pm

Don't expect GREASE: Live! to look anything like this.

CindersGolightly
#111Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/18/16 at 4:54pm

I don't think anybody is expecting it to look anything like that...

CarlosAlberto
#112Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/18/16 at 5:06pm

CindersGolightly said: "I don't think anybody is expecting it to look anything like that..."

Yeah, it's kind of a lost opportunity. I personally don't care to see a carbon copy of the film, which this live version is.  JMHO.

Updated On: 1/18/16 at 05:06 PM

CindersGolightly
#113Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/18/16 at 5:55pm

But at least it utilizes a lot of the OBC score! There's always a bright side. :)

RW3
RW3
#115Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/19/16 at 3:23pm

Here's Julianne on the Tonight Show with the cringe worthy Jimmy Fallon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XgAljITKzY

CindersGolightly
#116Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/19/16 at 3:48pm

I think I've already said this, but at first I was hardcore rolling my eyes at the casting of Julianne, but she's proven time and time again to be the perfect Sandy, in my opinion. She is too cute. I think after this airs, I'll have to go back and watch the "Rock of Ages" film.

teddy1996
#117Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/19/16 at 4:46pm

I know that this will be a mixture of the musical and the movie so here are some of the broadway musical numbers/scenes that will be in this:

Freddy my love

Those magic changes

The patty and sandy cheer song scene 

I am not sure about mooning, it's raining on prom night, rock and roll party queen, and the other songs that didn't make the film. 

CindersGolightly
#118Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/19/16 at 4:59pm

There are also a couple of new reprise's written. I'm 95% sure Mooning is in, because one of the reasons they wrote Frenchy a song was because all of the Pink Ladies had songs except Frenchy. I hope they include It's Raining on Prom Night as a duet between Sandy and Jan like they did in the 2007 revival. I adored that arrangement. The production is three hours, so I would hope more material made it in rather than not. I also hope they recorded the cheer for the album. Either way, I'm glad Elle gets to sing a bit.

CarlosAlberto
#119Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/19/16 at 5:53pm

How will they ever get that car to fly at the end?

RW3
#120Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/19/16 at 6:34pm

CarlosAlberto said: "How will they ever get that car to fly at the end?

You have just said my worst fear. I hope they do not do that ending. I find that ending to be dumb and unrealistic. I really hope they just end the show with them at the carnival. However, I would fine with Sandy and Danny driving off from the carnival.

CindersGolightly
#121Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/20/16 at 9:00am

Vanessa sounds incredible in this clip.

ChrisTyler12882 Profile Photo
ChrisTyler12882
#122Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/20/16 at 9:33am

I'm pretty sure I heard that they will have a soundtrack for this event out on the 31st as well. 

CindersGolightly
#123Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/20/16 at 9:53am

Oh gosh. Is there a source? I don't want to get too excited.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#124Grease Live! Official Thread
Posted: 1/20/16 at 9:54am

CindersGolightly said: "I think I've already said this, but at first I was hardcore rolling my eyes at the casting of Julianne, but she's proven time and time again to be the perfect Sandy, in my opinion. She is too cute. I think after this airs, I'll have to go back and watch the "Rock of Ages" film.

"I have to agree with you.  I was not a fan of Miss Houghs voice in RoA,  but her dancing and enthusiasm is really catching.  The girl is absolutely stunning too,  a perfect Sandy. The Liveness should solve some of the flatness The Wiz suffered

Also thrilled to see Miss Yellow Heather  the dorbs Elle McLemore as Patty!

When They Go Low, I Go High