pixeltracker

West Side Story at Signature Theatre- Page 3

West Side Story at Signature Theatre

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#50West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/17/16 at 7:15pm

PalJoey, I wish you could see it too. It's the best production of West Side Story I've ever seen and I've seen several, including the last two B'way productions. It is just extraordinary.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#51West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/17/16 at 7:36pm

I honestly wish they would extend one more week. I would drag every one of my friends to see this masterpiece.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#52West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/17/16 at 9:03pm

I can't imagine how they could extend, "Road Show" starts performances on February 16. That gives them only two weeks to tear down the set and put in the new show.

GetUp&LiveIt
#53West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/17/16 at 11:18pm

I saw the production again last week. Was lucky enough to snag an obstructed view rush seat with a friend. It wasn't all that obstructed. I'm completely in awe of this production. It should be in New York. It's certainly one of the top theatre experiences I've ever had.

BroadwayConcierge
#54West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/17/16 at 11:21pm

Marc, you're totally right re: Road Show, I'm just saying it'd be a fantasy of mine West Side Story at Signature Theatre Seriously can't get this production out of my head...

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#55West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/19/16 at 1:44pm

Now they are predicting a big snowstorm for Friday and Saturday. I bet there will be tickets available, assuming they don't cancel the shows. There's a hotel right near the theater, too. I think it's a Hilton Garden Inn.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

Jallenc32
#56West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/19/16 at 1:58pm

I've got a ticket to the Saturday matinee which I doubt I'll be able to use since it's a 3 hour drive to Signature on a good day.  Now I'm just debating releasing the ticket and getting the tax benefit or holding onto it in hopes the performance is cancelled so I can get a refund.  They're saying DC could get 20-30 inches of snow, which would cripple the area.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#57West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/22/16 at 11:01am

Saw it yesterday. This production definitely deserves all the raves it received and that I believe it will continue to receive until the closing day. The dancing scenes are definitely one of the most amazing theatrical experiences one could have. The cast is superbly energetic, even better than some of Broadway productions. I can imagine it will look awesome in Circle in the Square. 

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#58West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/22/16 at 1:20pm

They have canceled the Friday and Saturday performances but hope to perform Sunday. (Seems doubtful to me.) Could they add performances on Monday? This is the last week. 

Dancingthrulife2
#59West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/22/16 at 11:21pm

That explains why the cast seemed extraordinarily energetic, to an extent I barely see even in most Broadway shows famous for their liveliness, and emotional when they took their bow.   

Dancingthrulife2
#59West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/22/16 at 11:21pm

Repetition

Updated On: 1/26/16 at 11:21 PM

indytallguy
#60West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 7:54am

I have a front row aisle seat (A201-Orchestra North) for the Sunday January 31 matinee that I am selling for my cost of $110.  PDF ticket. Pay via Paypal. Message me at indytallguy@yahoo.com by Wed if interested.

TICKET HAS BEEN SOLD AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
Updated On: 1/25/16 at 07:54 AM

Broadway Stud Profile Photo
Broadway Stud
#61West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 9:07am

I had a ticket to Sunday's matinee of West Side Story and I received the following link that announces two additional matinees added this week on Wednesday and Thursday at noon.  

http://www.sigtheatre.org/wss-blizzard

Updated On: 1/25/16 at 09:07 AM

freewilma
#62West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 10:31am

Right now the new Wednesday and Thursday matinees aren't available for general purchase; just for those people who had snow-cancelled tickets.  Might be worth keeping an eye out post-5:00pm Monday night to see if they go on sale.  

sully2
#63West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 9:34pm

So excited to be seeing this production tomorrow night!  

I've never been to Signature before, any suggestions for pre-theatre dinner?

BroadwayConcierge
#64West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 9:42pm

sully2, I went to Carlyle before my show, which is about a two-minute walk from the theatre. Definitely recommend it!

freewilma
#65West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 10:03pm

sully2 said: "So excited to be seeing this production tomorrow night!  

Cheesetique and Carlyle Grande are both personal favorites and very dependable.  

mfaye9
#66West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/25/16 at 10:09pm

freewilma said: "sully2 said: "So excited to be seeing this production tomorrow night!  

Cheesetique and Carlyle Grande are both personal favorites and very dependable.  

"

I'm also a huge fan of Cheesetique!

sully2
#67West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/26/16 at 8:10am

Thanks for the recommendations!  Can't wait for "Tonight, tonight..."!!!

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#68West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/26/16 at 8:25am

I also recommend Carlyle.

everythingISpossible Profile Photo
everythingISpossible
#69West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/27/16 at 1:45am

If anyone is available, there are some great seats available for the added 12pm performance tomorrow (Wednesday January 27th).

http://www.sigtheatre.org/events/2015-16/west-side-story/

sully2
#70West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/27/16 at 6:37am

Go SEE IT if you can!  The dancing is especially impressive, and to see that choreography in such an intimate space is a real treat!  

I can't say enough about how great the show was.  I was operating on 4 hours of sleep and was wary that I wouldn't be able to stay awake, but as soon as the show started it had me in its grips and I didn't even want to blink!

BroadwayConcierge
#71West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/27/16 at 10:17am

God, I wish I wasn't inescapably busy at noon today. I would KILL to see this show again. 

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#72West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/27/16 at 12:52pm

I feel bad for Signature. This is going to be quite a financial hit for them. If I had any money, I'd send them some.

everythingISpossible Profile Photo
everythingISpossible
#73West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/27/16 at 5:45pm

Tickets are also now available for the added 12pm performance tomorrow (Thursday January 28th)

https://tickets.sigtheatre.org/syos/performance/6485